OT: Truck Driver hits into a crowd on bike lane on west side highway (8 dead / 15 injured)

PlamsUnlimited

Big Church Bells
May 14, 2010
New York
This is disgusting. I hope the families who unfortunately lost someone get some type of justice and closure. I cannot stand any piece of shit who would even consider doing something like this. The worst part is that it's a vehicle homicide and it isn't all that easy to determine which driver is a terrorist when running checks and whatnot. But apparently he was a terror suspect...

I hope there are no more potential threats today after this. Stay safe you guys. Enough is enough with people like this, by that I mean people who truly believe that killing innocent people and committing terror acts is something to work toward. Just glad my friends are safe who work/frequent the immediate area of the incident.

Reactions: YearOfTheCat

Bleed Ranger Blue

Jul 18, 2006
I work on Vesey and West. Happened 3 blocks north of the office. I walk across the sky bridge at Chambers over West St. almost every morning. The bike lane and area around there is beautiful, and its disheartening to see how much damage a deranged sicko with a truck can do in the matter of minutes.

Reactions: YearOfTheCat

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
I work on Vesey and West. Happened 3 blocks north of the office. I walk across the sky bridge at Chambers over West St. almost every morning. The bike lane and area around there is beautiful, and its disheartening to see how much damage a deranged sicko with a truck can do in the matter of minutes.

How is Jimmy doing?

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
Since trucks are a popular weapon now for attacks, there should maybe be some restrictions on who can rent one.

Barricade sidewalks. Limit speeds to 5 MPH. Etc.

Just kidding. It is a small number of people in relation to how bad it could have been but it is tragic none the less. Unfortunately there is nothing we will ever be able to do about attacks like this. I just hope for the best for all the folks who were effected (affected? I can never remember) by this tragedy.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad