Trouba's hit on Crosby

Status
Not open for further replies.

DearDiary

🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷
Aug 29, 2010
The "elbow" screenshot that Pens fans keep posting; but actually in sync with the 2nd angle.

Tsi7Rm8.png

@USS FJB @Terrapin

That may be so, but the fact remains that Crosby suffered a concussion during this collision. The elbow is the only part of the sequence that could have caused it. What is your guess on what body part Trouba hit Crosby in the head with?

clmetsfan

Sponsor
Jan 18, 2007
That may be so, but the fact remains that Crosby suffered a concussion during this collision. The elbow is the only part of the sequence that could have caused it. What is your guess on what body part Trouba hit Crosby in the head with?
There doesn't have to be direct contact with the head for a concussion to occur. But I'm sure you know that, right?

Reactions: NickyFotiu

NYSPORTS

back afta dis. . .
Jun 17, 2019
Sorry, how does Pens fans complaining make sports broadcaster’ opinions more valid or reliable?

Also, not a Pens fan.

No idea what direction you're going. As you can see this thread is pages long so not sure if you're just chiming in hopes of catch up very late in an established thread or what

Jauffre

Registered Grandmaster
Oct 10, 2009
Cloud Ruler Temple
The goalposts are constantly moving in this debate.

First it was "blatant elbow to the face" that was "intentional".

Now it's "well he was concussed, so it must be the elbow to the head".

You do understand one can become concussed from any blow? Even with minimal/no head contact, as long as the brain bounces around enough inside the skull. The impact could be chest, shoulder, etc. and still result in concussive symptoms. And with the concussion history that Sid has, one could see how it wouldn't take much, right?

Pens fans have been posting that one still image as proof the entire thread.
I did as much as say it could easily be an illusion given the angle. Apparently that was a "humiliating" take.

Just match up the two angles. And then consider the entire play itself and fact that Crosby was tripped and fell forward/to his side.

I can't believe this thread is going on 65+ pages. Only Crosby...

Jauffre

Registered Grandmaster
Oct 10, 2009
Cloud Ruler Temple
Been asking for a Pens fan to show me an angle where the elbow hits his head. This is the reason why it hasn't happened. It's because it didn't happen. Not sure they'll ever admit to being wrong about it.
I've been asking the same thing. They just post that one screenshot.

Imagine thinking that that's discernable head-elbow contact; just because Trouba's elbow overlays Crosby's face from that angle.

Reactions: JimmyG89

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
I think Crosby noticed. Just because it was at high speed and he sorta tried to make it look like an accidental elbow (and the refs are clueless) he did get away with it. He should be proud. Won them a series. And if he can keep concussing opponents, the Rangers should have an easy path to the Finals.

My Best-Carey
Right and none of his teammates on the ice or bench noticed, nor did the announcers for multiple outlets. You keep saying it’s only the refs because they’re easy to discount but that’s not the case.

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
What does it matter, clearly after the contact. What does two wrongs do?

sPX0f5c.gif
Sorry I still do not see clear elbow contact. I see hard shoulder contact from Trouba's left shoulder to Crosby's left shoulder. I see Crosby whiplash back from the shoulder contact. The elbow may or may not have hit afterwards but if it did it was not the basis for Crosby getting knocked back imo. Look at Crosbys shoulder. Look at the force of the impact and the direction it sends his shoulder.

Reactions: Jauffre

AnInjuredJasonZucker

Feb 21, 2014
No idea what direction you're going. As you can see this thread is pages long so not sure if you're just chiming in hopes of catch up very late in an established thread or what
The direction I'm going is away from the logical fallacies - ones that were brought into the discussion in the last couple of pages. I suppose I should stick with the oh-so-fresh take of "Pens fans are complainers" at page 64.

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
Sorry I still do not see clear elbow contact. I see hard shoulder contact from Trouba's left shoulder to Crosby's left shoulder. I see Crosby whiplash back from the shoulder contact. The elbow may or may not have hit afterwards but if it did it was not the basis for Crosby getting knocked back imo. Look at Crosbys shoulder. Look at the force of the impact and the direction it sends his shoulder.

I can see clear as day his shoulder doesn't make contact. Evident of shoulder patch seen clear as day through the entire hit. It was definitely arm, notice the numbers and stripes as the contact area. Notice where those numbers/stripes are on players passing by. Take into context where his arm and stick are.

The snapback is of contact with the arm.

Last edited:

NYSPORTS

back afta dis. . .
Jun 17, 2019
The direction I'm going is away from the logical fallacies - ones that were brought into the discussion in the last couple of pages. I suppose I should stick with the oh-so-fresh take of "Pens fans are complainers" at page 64.

float out to the big dipper or Uranus for all i care

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
I can see clear as day his shoulder doesn't make contact. Evident of shoulder patch seen clear as day through the entire hit. It was definitely arm, notice the numbers and stripes as the contact area. Notice where those numbers/stripes are on players passing by. Take into context where his arm and stick are.

The snapback is of contact with the arm.
It is where the upper arm meets the shoulder but not the elbow. Let me make this easy. Have you ever played hockey? What pad is covering that point of contact? The shoulder pad or the elbow pad?

Reactions: Colonel Bat Guano

Lomez

Too Awesome for Top 100
Mar 29, 2009
PGH, PA
Who cares now, old news. Given Trouba's performance this series, taking him off the ice is not in the Pens interest. Overrated and overpaid.

Reactions: Arkadiusz
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad