• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jets

All hat, no cattle.
Sponsor
Oct 23, 2010
Winnipeg
Lately pundits in Winnipeg have been suggesting that Winnipeg won the Trouba for Pionk + 1st trade by quite a bit now.

Who is better, including contract and status?

New York Rangers - Trouba - this year and 5 more @ $8M AAV
GPGAP+/-PIMAvg. TOI
14033even1421:40
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Winnipeg Jets - Pionk - this year $3M, Arb eligible RFA after this season. 3.125M QO.
GPGAP+/-PIMAvg. TOI
1621113+1422:42
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Reactions: hn777

Bleeker

Mar 6, 2011
Middle Earth
Well of course with that timing it's going to be in favor of Pionk
When the latter resign at around 6M$ and the Rangers get it together and becomes playing like a team again it will be Trouba imo

Last edited:
Reactions: Flair Hay

GreatSaveEssensa

The Dark Side Of The Goon
Feb 16, 2016
Manitoba
Well of course with that timing it's going to be in favor of Pionk
When the latter resign at 6M$ and the Rangers get it together and becomes playing like a team it will still be Trouba imo
You must not of heard about Ville Heinola? Even if Pionk=Trouba Heinola swings this trade in the Jets favour big time.

Ignite111

Feb 9, 2017
How is it even possible there are votes for Trouba.

With that being said Pionk is restricted at the end of the season. What is his next contract looking like? I guess this would at least make this a little closer

NYRKing

Mar 12, 2008
Ok based on what exactly? Pionk has been better in every way since day 1 of the trade. And then you factor in the contracts its not really close in my opinion
Given the contracts I easily see the vote for Pionk. NYR is a mess. Trouba was ok before his injury but has not shown the value for his AAV.

Are you hoping to sign Pionk long term? He looks great offensively but I don’t see many fans looking to commit to him long term because of his D.

MardyBum

Jul 4, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Hard to say. Pionk has been better than he was in NY, Trouba has been bad in NY. Trouba here paired with Morrissey might rejuvenate both of them as they've both been far worse since being separated.

But no way would I pay 8 million for Rangers Trouba, I would have for how he played with us.

Trouba's not 5 mil better currently and Pionk has been running McDavid and co. for two straight games so Pionk I guess. :laugh:

Would still like Trouba back to make a top pairing with Morrissey.

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
i anticipate pionk getting 6-6.5m after this year on a long-term deal. leads the Jets Dmen in points and high TOI, that usually drives dmen salaries.

i think Pionk is playing better right now so he gets my vote. but the Jets still miss Trouba. They haven't been able to replace him on the top pair and MOrrissey's game has taken a large hit too.

i wouldn't take Trouba given his current level of play at 8M though. If he continued to progress as he did as a Jet, perhaps. But def not right now. So Pionk playing better, + a cap savings of 1.5-2m (based on my assumption), yea ill take Pionk atm.

Last edited:

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Including contracts, Pionk.

Trouba is a better player in isolation, and he's been better this season than last season, although still playing below the level expected for his contract. If he's going to play like he has this season as opposed to last season, I have much less of a problem with his contract. A little overpaid, but thats not going to destroy a cap situation. Playing like last season he will.

Pionk doesn't really fit into our team, and I'm not particularly convinced by Heinola being more than a bottom half of a defense type of player.

The answer might be neither. You might not want Trouba's contract, but the Rangers don't particularly need Pionk+Heinola too badly.

North Cole

♧ Lem
Jan 22, 2017
Them saying WPG won the trade, doesn't mean they think Pionk is better. There was another player involved in the trade.

Trouba can be better and WPG can win the trade... which is likely the case here. Think trouba is slightly better, but guess I misclicked, didn't realize we were taking contract into account. Not really comparable since one is still and RFA.

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
The Jet’s pro scouts should get a serious bonus for identifying Pionk.

82Ninety42011

Jul 2, 2011
Abbotsford BC
Pionk has really made this decision easy him by a fair bit contract included. Even without a contract though closer obviously it's Pionk. Trouba has the talent but just seems like the drives not there. He got exactly what he wanted in location and salary and got worse.

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
Ehhh, Trouba's contract is seriously bloated, and pays him like he's a solid notch above what he actually is...but i'd still take the better defenceman here. That hate on this place has always seemed to have for Trouba while elevating some other very mediocre players to folk hero status, is bizarre to me. Just one of the "hate darlings" i guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad