Trouba Requests Trade - Part VI: To Russia For Love

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hank Chinaski

May 29, 2007
YFO
From last thread:

If that's true it would be awesome for Winnipeg.

Trouba addresses the lineups biggest issue and the core with him is pretty much set.

lmao no chit

Tell him to lick a nut. He shouldn't be tasting more than 5m.

Thanks. They're all interesting but I like Rangers offer best.

I thought he was TNSE lapdog at first. I e-mailed him a couple of times, I wasn't rude, and he told me to never e-mail him again.

His comments today suggest he supports Trouba or at least is not taking sides.
I support Trouba. He's probably crazy but I hope he gets what he wants.

It's like you hate him now but if he signs and stays here then he is forgiven and after booing him for a couple of games you will cheer him on.

I hope he doesn't. I hope this backfires on him and the old man and his brain damaged agent.

There isn't a fit if you consider what the Jets would want back, but there is probably a fit if he wants to be a #1 RHD.

Skjei was drafted the sme year at JT and has 14 NHL games and 4 points. JT has 221 games and 72 points. Do you seriously think he is the guy to target? Probably a #5 with a remote possibility of a #4. Even including a winger that we don't need it is a poor deal imo.

I say let Trouba rot!
I hope the 30 other gems make an example of Trouba and he spends the next 3 years in the KHL in Siberia.
Seriously. I don't ever want him back, and I'm willing to loose the asset to teach that POS a lesson.

D-men often take longer to develop. Trouba is the exception, not the norm.

He looked like freaking Bobby Orr.

I hope he gets what he wants now as well... When he is 27

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
To be honest I'm getting a little sick of some players not wanting to be in Canada. It irks me that they seem to think they can go play in an obscure market. Without the Canadian teams over half the revenue is gone, a tonne of jobs are gone and there is no Billion dollar television deal.

These players better start caring because if the Canadian teams continue to struggle due to being undesirable to many players than they will also suffer.

I'm completely fine in having Chevy sitting him for the year to allow him to rethink his priorities and for us to send a message.

Stream*

Dec 13, 2015
Chevy just has to say, it's a distraction to the organization and the team by having to answer these questions everyday. The team is more important than one individual.....new policy no negotiations after Oct 31. He then will be treated like he is on a player that is hurt and on LTIR....and see how things work out in the off season. We have dealt with injuries before this will be no difference.

robertocarlos

Sep 19, 2014
He'd be the best player in China. He'd be the proverbial bull in a China shop. They'd love him.

robertocarlos

Sep 19, 2014
Chevy just has to say, it's a distraction to the organization and the team by having to answer these questions everyday. The team is more important than one individual.....new policy no negotiations after Oct 31. He then will be treated like he is on a player that is hurt and on LTIR....and see how things work out in the off season. We have dealt with injuries before this will be no difference.

I thought it might get personal. It's gone to DEFCOM 4.

TheGovernment

Jan 13, 2012
I think now that Lindholm signed for 6, we will see Trouba will be very soon. Hopefully it's a sign and trade but who knows.

ffh

Jul 16, 2016
Chevy should think of his players that want to be here and try to do right by them .getting fair value in 2 years maybe great for his batting average but doesnt show the players on the team today that he cares about them. the players on this team today deserve to have the best team possible being put on the ice regardless of where people think they will finish.

Last edited:

doubledown99

May 21, 2009
I think you guys will make a trade with Arizona. They can put Pronger on LTIR or can trade players with salary to the Jets and fit Trouba.

Chychrun
Stone
1st/prospect

Stone helps now. So does Chychrun. I think Jets would be better team after trade both this season and potentially in future years (depending on Chychrun's development and pick/prospect)

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Ok let me get this strait.

Jacob Trumpba :laugh: just trolled Toronto, Montreal, Calgary, Edmonton, Vancouver, and Ottawa.

This should get interesting on the main boards

HannuJ

Nov 20, 2011
Toronno
well, now Overholdt's got a hold of Lawless and Lawless is tweeting the crap about "it's about useage" and Overholdt's claiming that several teams are trying to "work with the Jets" re: trade.

someone's in recovery mode.
battle of the leaks.
Overholdt's being owned so f'ing badly in this

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
Rick Nash for Trouba + Skjei or Graves.
He is hot with +1 goal + 1 assist last game (yesterday.) ;)

Whileee

May 29, 2010
well, now Overholdt's got a hold of Lawless and Lawless is tweeting the crap about "it's about useage" and Overholdt's claiming that several teams are trying to "work with the Jets" re: trade.

someone's in recovery mode.
battle of the leaks.
Overholdt's being owned so f'ing badly in this

Jets don't need to "work with" another NHL team on a trade. They need to get exactly what they want. Sorry, Kurt (and Jacob).

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
lol

Rick Nash for Trouba + Skjei or Graves.
He is hot with +1 goal + 1 assist last game (yesterday.) ;)

lol nash won't permit a trade to canada.. nor do the jets want his services. I don't know why these players all of a sudden don't wan to play in canada.. a lot of them are even canadian

Stej

Jul 28, 2006
The Kirk
Lol at players not wanting to play in Canada. I'm too lazy to do the math but I'm pretty sure if the NHL ever dissolved into a Canadian league and an American league, all the players would be clamouring to play in Canada because, per team, the revenue would be so much higher.

I'm in the kind of mood where I'd be happy to watch Trouba rot for 5 years. **** him.

Hobble

Sep 2, 2010
Jets should trade Trouba to the worst possible American team in terms of marketability. Carolina? Panthers?

WinnipegWinter*

Dec 4, 2011
Winnipeg
Overhardt is just advocating for his client. He'd be out of the business real quick if he worked against them.

Well hes obviously not working against them because hes still sitting, how do you know Overhardt isnt telling him his best option is to PLAY but trouba is being too stubborn? Dont blame trouba whatever you do..

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Can't say I'm surprised by Kurt he's clearly now in damage control mode. He's met an org that he can't push around and he doesn't have another tool in his arsenal, he's stumped and the cracks are starting to show.

His "It's about usage" sympathy story isn't getting traction and his client isn't gaining any support out there. All the comps are in and no big deal is coming Jacob's way as well.

It's time to sit back hand Kurt a shovel and watch him continue to dig.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad