Proposal: Trouba Mega Thread Part VII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
I don't feel bad for him or anger. Bruins fans have had this happen twice to our top ten picks. First Kessel then Hamilton.

Both were RFAs and wanted out. Both were traded for picks. I get the want of Chevy to draw this out and get the best but twice in a row were watched the return be picks or prospects.

Maybe this time a team will be different and give 1 for 1 but going on our two recent experiences and EVERYTHING Chiarelli was saying about the Kessel return he was demanding, he ended up taking what he could get...picks.

Fast forward, Sweeney was worried about an offer sheet and his RFA RHD defenseman who didn't want to be with that franchise anymore and wasn't going to sign any deal. He moved the player for picks right away and now those picks are looking very solid while Hamilton has been underwhelming.

Again, four quarters for a dollar.

The Bruins won the Kessel trade and TBD on the Hamilton one. Jets fans shouldn't be at all disappointed if the return isn't a 1 for 1 because in our two experiences the trades for picks actually really worked out well for the Bruins.

SCP Guy

Jun 21, 2011
The Peg
I've said I would be okay with a very good LHD prospect and a 1st (many jets fans would not be).... But I only make that deal after Dec 1st....

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
I've said I would be okay with a very good LHD prospect and a 1st (many jets fans would not be).... But I only make that deal after Dec 1st....

I would have no problem with that return either assuming the LHD prospect was a blue chipper.

I'm curious though, why only after Dec 1st?

WesMcCauley

Apr 24, 2015
I would have no problem with that return either assuming the LHD prospect was a blue chipper.

I'm curious though, why only after Dec 1st?

Probably because he cant play this season if he isnt signed by Dec 1st

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub

I thought that I read that if they don't trade/or come to an agreement by Dec 1st that he can't play or be traded until after the season is up?:popcorn:

Flair Hay

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2010
Winnipeg
I don't feel bad for him or anger. Bruins fans have had this happen twice to our top ten picks. First Kessel then Hamilton.

Both were RFAs and wanted out. Both were traded for picks. I get the want of Chevy to draw this out and get the best but twice in a row were watched the return be picks or prospects.

Maybe this time a team will be different and give 1 for 1 but going on our two recent experiences and EVERYTHING Chiarelli was saying about the Kessel return he was demanding, he ended up taking what he could get...picks.

Fast forward, Sweeney was worried about an offer sheet and his RFA RHD defenseman who didn't want to be with that franchise anymore and wasn't going to sign any deal. He moved the player for picks right away and now those picks are looking very solid while Hamilton has been underwhelming.

The Bruins won the Kessel trade and TBD on the Hamilton one. Jets fans shouldn't be at all disappointed if the return isn't a 1 for 1 because in our two experiences the trades for picks actually really worked out well for the Bruins.

Good points.

Hunter368

Nov 8, 2011
Probably because he cant play this season if he isnt signed by Dec 1st

I'm kinda thinking same, but I wouldn't go that far that's just petty. If we get an acceptable trade before dec 1st do it, if not fine sitting him is an option & has value itself.......but I wouldn't do it just out of spite.

snopro31

Apr 21, 2007
MANITOBA
Let him sit. Eventually he will get tired of losing money and either become and adult or start working at a sporting goods store.

CorgisPer60

Barking at the net
Apr 15, 2012
Please Understand
8 threads of pure speculation with very little to no facts. Impressive

It's what we do here. I am also fine with a good LHD prospect and a 1st for Trouba if he truly doesn't sign here. I would take a good RHD prospect too, as we now have no good RHD prospects with top 4 projections that are under 25 years old. Man, our blueline is a mess right now.

CorgisPer60

Barking at the net
Apr 15, 2012
Please Understand
The idea was to get a LD of equivalent talent to Trouba back in a trade, but depth D with a top 4 projection is our primary need as far as prospects are concerned. Trouba was going to be our 1RD of the future, but that's a bit muddled right now. We don't have anything outside of Morrissey for top 4 D under 25. It's pretty bad.

teravaineSAROS

Jul 29, 2015

Yea same here. Also other teams know the Jets aren't in a position to win the trade so you can't be greedy with it.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
This is a little Drouin part deux.............the kid needs to sign a deal, and earn his stripes...the inmates don't run the asylum. The kids agent needs a kick in the butt.

Looks like GM's are sending a message to the young guys...good on Chevy!

MardyBum

Jul 4, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
I thought you guys wanted LHD?

Enstrom - Byfuglien
LHD - Myers
(third pairing)

...instead of...

Enstrom - Byfuglien
Morrissey - Myers
Stuart/Chiarot - RHD

Morrissey has done nothing to show he doesn't belong in the top 4. He's been paired with Buff and has been our most consistent D.

Morrissey/Enstrom - Buff
Enstrom/Morrissey - Myers
------- - --------

I'd personally be happy with a couple good D prospects or a really good D prospect and a 1st or something. I've been saying for awhile I doubt we get a LHD equivalent, so i'd rather get a younger guy with a high ceiling who can grow with our 23 and under core.

Richiebottles

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jul 26, 2010
This is a little Drouin part deux.............the kid needs to sign a deal, and earn his stripes...the inmates don't run the asylum. The kids agent needs a kick in the butt.

Looks like GM's are sending a message to the young guys...good on Chevy!

Not exactly, Drouin wasn't happy about his role and playing time not salary.

If it's in the CBA then what Trouba is doing in permissible. It's not always the team that wins in this situation.

Bjornar Moxnes

Stem Rødt og Felix Unger Sörum
Oct 16, 2016
Troms og Finnmark

I'm sorry but what have the Hamilton picks done? Also Hamilton has been our best D this year so far behind Engelland (Yes it's alarming). Hamilton has done well for the Flames and will continue to improve.

heilongjetsfan

Jul 4, 2011
Yea same here. Also other teams know the Jets aren't in a position to win the trade so you can't be greedy with it.

They aren't? They've got a player who wants a trade so they should take whatever they can get because they're stuck. That's the logic here, right?

Guys like Friedman and McKenzie are suggesting that Chevy's not taking calls and was recently quoted as saying he looks forward to seeing Trouba walk into the dressing room. Or maybe that was Maurice now that I think of it. Either way, I think what everybody should be reading into the situation based on available facts is that the Jets believe they can eventually convince Trouba to play for the organization, and are willing to wait as long as it takes. That said, there probably is such a thing as an offer too good to be refused. If Chevy received such an offer, I'm sure he'd take it.

If Chevy says to Trouba "I'm not trading you. Not this year, not next year, not the year after. Sign this contract or retire," what's Trouba going to do?

Hunter368

Nov 8, 2011
Jets fans; who do you blame for this situation, Trouba or the organization?

Is that a real question?

Jets have given this kid everything and more that any young kid could dream of, have a standing offer/contract at 6x5.5 waiting for him.......of course this is all on Trouba, anyone suggesting otherwise doesn't know all the facts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad