Trouba goes Superman!

Bouboumaster

Jul 4, 2014
Dumbest Superman to ever exist

It's like Superman would have stayed all his life in Kansas, have a kid with his cousin, and that kid would be Trouba

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
Yep...almost caught him right in the shoulder.

The location doesn’t matter. It’s that his first instinct when caught out of position is to launch his elbow at the nearest target. And this one doesn’t even have the excuse of “Oh, he was trying to brace himself against the boards” or “The other player was falling down.”

I wonder how many times he can get caught in 4k leading with the elbow before the league talks to him about it.

Grifter3511

Nov 3, 2009
The location doesn’t matter. It’s that his first instinct when caught out of position is to launch his elbow at the nearest target. And this one doesn’t even have the excuse of “Oh, he was trying to brace himself against the boards” or “The other player was falling down.”

I wonder how many times he can get caught in 4k leading with the elbow before the league talks to him about it.
As long as he keeps missing while trying to catch them in the shoulder/upper arm, probably a lot of times.

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
As long as he keeps missing while trying to catch them in the shoulder/upper arm, probably a lot of times.

Well, the Necas hit was aimed for the head. This attempt was aimed for the head.

And then the Kuzy attempt was elbow out as well.

And that's not even counting the elbows that actually connect...

Grifter3511

Nov 3, 2009
Well, the Necas hit was aimed for the head. This attempt was aimed for the head.

And then the Kuzy attempt was elbow out as well.

And that's not even counting the elbows that actually connect...

Actually, the principal point of contact on the necas hit was upper arm. You can see him clearly hit the upper arm. And then as necas continues to fall his body gets lower and therefore his head becomes level with Trouba's elbow, which also never makes contact with his head.

I mean, there's enough evidence of Trouba actually hitting people in the head with his elbow that if the league cared they would do something about it. But they haven't. So I really don't see them doing anything about attempted hits that don't even connect.

Best case scenario is he attempts another necas like hit and concusses himself on the boards.

AD Skinner

Mar 18, 2009
bubble bath
Benefit of slow motion and everything, but watching that attempt on kuznetsov is especially funny since the puck is in the net before he even gets his elbow up

NewAgeOutlaw

Belie Dat!
Jul 15, 2011
412/724
Well, Trouba's gone for a flying elbow in 2 straight playoff games and missed. I look forward to him eventually connecting and DOPS saying it isn't a suspension because it was a poke check gone wrong and he was bracing for the boards and he's so tall and he's not a repeat offender (because Parros wouldn't suspend him if he brought a .44 magnum on the ice and plugged another player in the chest).

Perfect_Drug

Mar 24, 2006
Montreal
Well, Trouba's gone for a flying elbow in 2 straight playoff games and missed. I look forward to him eventually connecting and DOPS saying it isn't a suspension because it was a poke check gone wrong and he was bracing for the boards and he's so tall and he's not a repeat offender (because Parros wouldn't suspend him if he brought a .44 magnum on the ice and plugged another player in the chest).
Where in the rulebook does it say you can't do that? Trouba was just protecting himself, which he'a allowed to do.

It's perfectly legal. You need to stop whining about it.

:sarcasm:

Reactions: NewAgeOutlaw

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
Hard to say for sure but looked like he could have done more to prevent the shot from being taken had he not been hell bent on avenging the big hit from a couple seconds prior

TheDawnOfANewTage

Dahlin, it’ll all be fine
Dec 17, 2018
Uh something something he was bracing for...something or...something. Not intentional is my point. Obviously not intentional.

He was clearly bracing for the boards. Or something. Look- he clearly isn’t good at whatever this is, tough to judge. I remember after my first MMA class I was flying elbowing everything too. It’s not serious, just an attempt at some light head trauma.

Mark Stones Spleen

Jan 17, 2008
T.O.
a18e906286121a641211089a12ec52efe1589a3a_hq.gif

Reactions: AlexBrovechkin8

NewAgeOutlaw

Belie Dat!
Jul 15, 2011
412/724
I bet it'd be hilarious in retrospect to skim through the thread on Trouba elbowing Crosby a few years ago to relive all the people calling it a poke check attempt gone wrong.

Because somebody on TV who had a playing career exclusively because they were a dirty goofball said so!

Reactions: sanscosm

Tryamw

Loyal Fan of Jerks
Sponsor
Nov 2, 2016
Durham

I'd bet however many he throws by the end of his career and Add 1...

The Real JT

Meet the new boss. Same as the old boss. :(
Jul 2, 2018
Connecticut
Hockey has always had chippy players. Spears, slashes and cross checks might hurt but the overwhelming majority of those plays aren’t meant to cause a head injury.

The guy’s a cheap shot artist. Even if he’s on your team, it’s hard to deny.

Reactions: HBK27 and Meuracas

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad