Trouba goes Superman!

mattihp

Aug 2, 2004
Uppsala, Sweden
Yes, Trouba was just being considerate. He's a very considerate human being. Very astute observation.
That's not what I am saying, he's making a foolish hit - but is trying to minimise injury in an idiotic way in which he risked causing s much worse injury.

Unsustainable

Seth Jarvis has Big Kahunas
Apr 14, 2012
North Carolina
The whining is hilarious.
To be fair, Necas was smart to duck out of the hit. Hard to be certain if the elbow comes out if Necas stays upright.
With that said, where is all of the whining when Svech dangerously sticks his leg out and sends Igor flying? Could have easily tore his knee apart. Anyone?
Since you're into whataboutism, what about that dive by Fox? He punches Guentzel and makes him bleed, Guentzel retaliates and Fox drops to his knees to blow the ref for a call.

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
That's not what I am saying, he's making a foolish hit - but is trying to minimise injury in an idiotic way in which he risked causing s much worse injury.
I'm sure he was taking the spatial dimensions of where Necas' head was in comparison to his skates while he was smashing his face into the boards after missing a blatant attempt to elbow him in the face.

Stony Curtis

Sep 21, 2018
1715172756518.png

Superman? Looks more like the Juggernaut to me.

Cuckoo4Kakko

Jul 1, 2019
Since you're into whataboutism, what about that dive by Fox? He punches Guentzel and makes him bleed, Guentzel retaliates and Fox drops to his knees to blow the ref for a call.
Awww. So sad.

Power plays so far: 10 Carolina. 9 Rangers.

All the whining before the series was how the Rangers would get SO MANY extra power plays. High sticks that should be a double minor not called against you. Boarding not called. Blatant trips. Refs have been bad BOTH ways. But you've had PLENTY of chances. Score on the power play. That's where you should be the most mad right now. At your own team.

Unsustainable

Seth Jarvis has Big Kahunas
Apr 14, 2012
North Carolina
Awww. So sad.

Power plays so far: 10 Carolina. 9 Rangers.

All the whining before the series was how the Rangers would get SO MANY extra power plays. High sticks that should be a double minor not called against you. Boarding not called. Blatant trips. Refs have been bad BOTH ways. But you've had PLENTY of chances. Score on the power play. That's where you should be the most mad right now. At your own team.
No, I'm definitely not happy no one is going to front of the net on the PP for us.

I'm just pointing out his whataboutisms

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Mar 4, 2004
Holy hell what a dirty play. Good thing he missed.

Trouba trying to go full Messier in the playoffs.

redandyellowcametobe

Jan 4, 2019
The whining is hilarious.
To be fair, Necas was smart to duck out of the hit. Hard to be certain if the elbow comes out if Necas stays upright.
With that said, where is all of the whining when Svech dangerously sticks his leg out and sends Igor flying? Could have easily tore his knee apart. Anyone?
Not a fan of either team but the only one who sent Igor flying, was Igor.

PocketNines

Cutter's Way
Apr 29, 2004
Badlands
I am extremely disappointed he got up from that, Trouba is a loser who plays the game the wrong way trying to hurt people rather than outplay them. He needs to Find Out in the worst way

GG96

Feb 21, 2020
Trouba has been suspended a grand total of two times in his career. The reason is that while he plays on the line, when he does make contact it is almost always legal. There is a reason that arms flail when guys are purposefully falling down to avoid being hit.

Even if this example, Trouba’s elbow is tucked and only extends when Necas bails. There was zero chance he was going to hit him with the elbow.

And that is the reason the near misses look so bad. They don’t actually have any chance of connecting. It’s just a natural reaction

Reactions: Vaheh and pld459666

ijuka

May 14, 2016
Trouba is one of my least favourite players in the league, but this is a really tough play to analyze in real time. There are so many awkward split second decisions happening here I think it would be a mistake to be sure of anything.

For all we know Trouba was leaning in to make a big hit, noticed the dude was going down, and was trying not to knee him in the head so jump as high as he could. The elbow is a thing sure, but he could've just been leaning into the hit too and when it was clear he wasn't making contact he further extends to cushion the impact.

Honestly I don't know. My guess is with you all that this probably would've been a dirty hit if he connected, but there's way too much going on here to really be sure either way.
Tough to analyze? In real time, he's flying elbowing the head and misses.

PocketNines

Cutter's Way
Apr 29, 2004
Badlands
The NHL wants players to be able to savagely attack other players.

The NHL could insist that every player has the right not to be savagely attacked by another player, and then make rules to protect players.

But they don't because the NHL wants these incidents in the game.

GG96

Feb 21, 2020
The NHL wants players to be able to savagely attack other players.

The NHL could insist that every player has the right not to be savagely attacked by another player, and then make rules to protect players.

But they don't because the NHL wants these incidents in the game.
Then outlaw hitting.

If you want physicality in the game, there are no half measures. These are men at the top of their sport. Make it the women’s game and every game can end 15–12.

Matt Cooke was suspended for 9 games and the first round of the playoffs in 2011. Did that deter anyone from ever throwing an elbow? What about Raffi Torres?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad