Proposal: Trouba for Eichel

Crocket

Jul 14, 2013
Do we even want a player on this team that clearly feels entitles to use his position to get his way. I'd imagine after dealing with Kane TNSE would stay far away from Jack.

Don't always believe what you read. Sports journalist are some of the most unreliable, lying sacks in journalism. Messages are constantly distorted and fabricated.

Crocket

Jul 14, 2013
Your evaluation of Trouba as a 1B defenseman is telling, and is underselling his worth. Keep Eichel: we have a centre that just broke 80pts and is on an extremely favourable long term contract, and enough firepower at F to not need Eichel - Trouba is worth far more to the Jets than to the Sabres, obviously.

Agreed, D like Trouba are very hard to come by. If this trade would make sense, we would need to add a forward and get a good D back. 1 for 1 doesn't make tons of sense. We should be adding D.

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
If Larsson = Hall then I think Trouba = Eichel is within reason. Especially considering Buffalo's ****-show defense.

kylbaz

Winnipeg <3
Nov 14, 2015
www.movingtowinnipeg.ca
Buffalo fans wouldn't do Trouba + Connor/Roslovic + Our 1st for Eichel but some Jets fans here think Trouba for Eichel is fair. To be fair, them saying no to that would be pretty stupid though.

StatisticsAddict99

Feb 24, 2017
If Larsson = Hall then I think Trouba = Eichel is within reason. Especially considering Buffalo's ****-show defense.

Hall was a Elite Winger and Eichel is a Franchise Center, big gap in worth there, and Buffalo already has a No.1 RD in Rasmus Ristolainen so this is a complete different situation.

Last edited:

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
Trouba has higher upside than larsson. Same with Eichel compared to Hall, also a more valuable position as a C and is also the shiny new toy aura by being drafted within the last couple years. From a needs standpoint, i dont think WPG really needs Eichel just as Buffalo doesnt really need Trouba with Risto. NJ needed elite scoring, and Edm needed D

Both are also cost controlled for years (not saying Hall and Larsson contracts are bad, just not RFA)

jorbjorb

hello.
Dec 28, 2010
Instead of hit-and-running, why not answer: why would they turn it down? #1D and #1C's are very valuable - depending on needs, it's arguable which is more important.
Well there's your problem there. Trouba belongs on the 2nd or 3rd line while Eichel is a franchise #1C wherever you go. The only way Buffalo would ever agree to this is if Eichel wants out and we offer Trouba + 2 first rounders.

Hank Chinaski

May 29, 2007
YFO
Well there's your problem there. Trouba belongs on the 2nd or 3rd line while Eichel is a franchise #1C wherever you go. The only way Buffalo would ever agree to this is if Eichel wants out and we offer Trouba + 2 first rounders.

Wat.

Trouba is a first pairing defender by every measure, on just about any team. What are you watching? :laugh:

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
20 year old C, with two seasons in the NHL, yet to crack 25 goals or 60 points......IMO we should refrain from calling him a franchise C for now until he produces like one. IMO he's a "potential" franchise C.

Big difference

We already have a franchise C signed long term, plus a franchise young #1D who is proven. I keep Trouba 10 out of 10 times over a potential #1C.

Hockeyisl1fe

Dec 8, 2016
Byfuglien + Roslovic + Trouba for Eichel... who the **** needs defense? Pittsburgh seems to do well. EDIT: totally forgot that E.Kane plays for them :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Last edited:

garret9

AKA#VitoCorrelationi
Mar 31, 2012
Vancouver
www.hockey-graphs.com
Hall was a Elite Winger and Eichel is a Franchise Center, big gap in worth there, and Buffalo already has a No.1 RD in Rasmus Ristolainen so this is a complete different situation.

Larsson was a solid, but unspectacular, 2nd pairing defender.

Trouba was literally the 3rd best defenseman in the NHL per WAR.

Now WAR isn't perfect but that's pretty damning...

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
Trouba, Laine and Scheif shouldn't be talked about in trades...they should be considered untouchables.

StatisticsAddict99

Feb 24, 2017
Trouba, Laine and Scheif shouldn't be talked about in trades...they should be considered untouchables.

Also Untradable, Ehlers and Morrisey(I think Morrisey has just as big a roof as Troubs with a better attitude, IMO).

I love Wheeler and Byfuglien but they are tradable

Little, I believe should be traded contrary to popular belief among Jets fans(As his trade value is at as high as it will go due to Age) we don't want to see what happened with Stafford again(as he is only worth a 6th round pick, probably worth an early second or better the year before), I would like to see one of the top notch Centers from this draft to come on the team, maybe we have to trade up and we could jump as high as 3rd with Little and our current 1st Round pick. And we would clear cap space in the making, meaning more FA possibilities.

Connor Drafted Center(Patrick/Hischier/Vilardi/Glass) Wheeler

StatisticsAddict99

Feb 24, 2017

Rather than overspending on Eichel, I don't see why the Jets don't attempt getting the No.1 pick in this years draft and Picking up Nolan Patrick, he would be much cheaper he's the better I believe he is the best defensive Center in the last 2 drafts, and is a Jonathan Toews type player as well, if I where the Jets I'd try to buy into this as Scheifele and Patrick would have the second best Center Depth in the league(Roslovic and Lowry might punch them over the top as well) but not only that the Jets already have the best Wingers in the league(IMO, with many stats to back this up as well though). Why Trade Trouba when you could trade a couple picks and Bryan Little for the best investment the Jets could probably find(This Generations Dynasty)

Ehlers Scheifele Laine(Best line in the League)
Connor Patrick Wheeler(Would probably be better than 70% of all the leagues #1 Lines)
Perrault Roslovic Armia(Probably better than a majority of 2nd Lines in the league)
Petan Lowry Copp

Morrisey Trouba( Will eventually be one of the best Top Pairings in the league)
FA Byfuglien
Enstrom Myers

Helle(Could be an Elite Goaltender Just Needs time to grow behind a solid Vet)
FA

lomiller1

Jan 13, 2015
When Risto in on the ice the Sabers only get 43% of the shot attempts, when he’s on the bench they get 49%. At even strength Trouba nearly doubled Risto’s point production per 60min. The only thing Ristolainen has going for him is his PP production. He probably looks better if his ice time comes down to 23-23 min but IMO Ristolainen does not look like a #1D.

Huffer

Jul 16, 2010
Wat.

Trouba is a first pairing defender by every measure, on just about any team. What are you watching? :laugh:

This is kind of the problem I guess. We've got Jets fans who somehow think Trouba is a 2nd or 3rd (lol) pair D man when he is actually one of the best in the league. I guess it's not too hard to understand why other fans, and ignorant posters on the main board also have no clue how good Trouba is.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
When Risto in on the ice the Sabres only get 43% of the shot attempts, when he’s on the bench they get 49%. At even strength Trouba nearly doubled Risto’s point production per 60min. The only thing Ristolainen has going for him is his PP production. He probably looks better if his ice time comes down to 23-23 min but IMO Ristolainen does not look like a #1D.

Risto's size, physicality, and scoring on the PP lead to him being overrated. Not saying he won't get there one day but he is not good enough 5v5 yet.

As to the OP Buffalo is going to live and die by Eichel he is their franchise player and will not be traded so the rest is just noise. Only time will tell if he becomes what their fans expect. I am a massive Trouba fan and don't want to see him go anywhere anyways and if he does I want D coming back.

Tom ServoMST3K

In search of a Steinbach Hero
Nov 2, 2010
What's your excuse?
There's like, 5 forwards in the entire league I'd trade Trouba for, and Eichal doesn't make that list. (And no one realistic is on that list)

The Jets need to be doing the opposite of this trade right now, giving up value at forward to shore up a defensive weakness.

Weaves

Oct 28, 2013
Ottawa
There's like, 5 forwards in the entire league I'd trade Trouba for, and Eichal doesn't make that list. (And no one realistic is on that list)

The Jets need to be doing the opposite of this trade right now, giving up value at forward to shore up a defensive weakness.

So just curious, which 5 forwards would those be?

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014

Can I safely assume all 5 are C's? If not, why not? :laugh:

McD
Matthews
I think I would have Eichel right about here. I'm not trading Trouba for any C who is older than he is so no Crosby, Toews or Malkin. Who are your last 3?

Agree with the bolded BTW. If Trouba must be traded then it has to be D that comes back - in whatever form.

Tom ServoMST3K

Nov 2, 2010
What's your excuse?
Can I safely assume all 5 are C's? If not, why not? :laugh:

McD
Matthews
I think I would have Eichel right about here. I'm not trading Trouba for any C who is older than he is so no Crosby, Toews or Malkin. Who are your last 3?

Agree with the bolded BTW. If Trouba must be traded then it has to be D that comes back - in whatever form.

McDavid (Duh)

Matthews (Duh)

I have Crosby on my list. He's too good IMO, and will be really good for the next five years as well.

Toews as well. This is probably hometown bias though. I think he would mean a lot to this franchise.

I'm a huge Ovi fan, so he squeaks in as a winger. I don't expect anyone else to share that opinion.

I'm on the fence about Malkin. It's tough to evaluate his value while playing on a team with Crosby.

Say any of these actually happen (They will never happen). We'd need to move Little out, and do another unrealistic trade for a high end d-man.

I would be a very aggressive GM, and I don't expect many to share a lot of these opinions. I would be actively shopping Ehlers for a Defenseman right now, and wouldn't be opposed to give up value to help that end of the ice.

Last edited:

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
McDavid (Duh)

Matthews (Duh)

I have Crosby on my list. He's too good IMO, and will be really good for the next five years as well.

Toews as well. This is probably hometown bias though. I think he would mean a lot to this franchise.

I'm a huge Ovi fan, so he squeaks in as a winger. I don't expect anyone else to share that opinion.

I'm on the fence about Malkin. It's tough to evaluate his value while playing on a team with Crosby.

Say any of these actually happen (They will never happen). We'd need to move Little out, and do another unrealistic trade for a high end d-man.

I would be a very aggressive GM, and I don't expect many to share a lot of these opinions. I would be actively shopping Ehlers for a Defenseman right now, and wouldn't be opposed to give up value to help that end of the ice.

I wouldn't stick rigidly to 'must be younger' but I wouldn't want to lose any more than about 2 years. Toews is the youngest of those you listed and he already seems to have declined a bit. You lose 6.5 years in an exchange for Crosby. A bit too much for me.

After Eichel at #3 I have a hard time thinking of anyone else. There must be a couple but they don't come to mind.

Tom ServoMST3K

Nov 2, 2010
What's your excuse?
I wouldn't stick rigidly to 'must be younger' but I wouldn't want to lose any more than about 2 years. Toews is the youngest of those you listed and he already seems to have declined a bit. You lose 6.5 years in an exchange for Crosby. A bit too much for me.

After Eichel at #3 I have a hard time thinking of anyone else. There must be a couple but they don't come to mind.

It depends on how you see the Jets developing over the next few years. I think we have to go now. I also think Trouba's extended rest helped him have an above average year statistically.

Besides, none of these players are moving in the next five years anyways, so it's a useless endeavor. That's why I didn't name them at first.

The point I was trying to make, was the Jets need to trade Forward's for D-Men, not the other way around.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad