Trotz on SIRIXM RADIO

Uncle Lou

Jun 20, 2010
New York
Just listened to Barry on XM91 and really like what I’m hearing from him a few points he made:

-Focused on winning next season and believes we can still score without the guy in Toronto.

-Defense is the easiest thing to fix for a club if you have the right structure

-Plan is to keep getting better via player development/trades etc.....

-has spoke with just about every player on roster including all new signings

-Still wants to bring Mitch Korn into organization

Had a long meeting with JHS, says he has NHL skill and ability and thinks he can be a big part of lineup going forward

Said he got texts and calls from multiple players after the snake left and they all said we’re gunna be fine without him.

Think Barry is really going to change the culture for the better here for us so excited to have him on board.

JKP

Sep 19, 2004
Halifax, NS
Just listened to Barry on XM91 and really like what I’m hearing from him a few points he made:

-Focused on winning next season and believes we can still score without the guy in Toronto.

Had a long meeting with JHS, says he has NHL skill and ability and thinks he can be a big part of lineup going forward

Said he got texts and calls from multiple players after the snake left and they all said we’re gunna be fine without him.

Think Barry is really going to change the culture for the better here for us so excited to have him on board.
f***ing right! Love this guy. Always been a fan.

Kevin27NYI

Aug 5, 2009
Players definitely feel betrayed by their captain. Probably also happy the circus around it is over too.
That is exactly what we wanted to hear and this guy walks the walk.

He probably feels a 25% cut in offense with a 60% cut in defense is the right recipe, we just need that one dman that pushes Mayfield off the ice
That's what I've been saying!

Josh has a role on this team too, Barry will reel him in proper. Vrana, Burakovsky and even Kuznetzov were all young skilled guys brought along well in the Caps system.

With the departure of Judas we have plenty of skill to go around.

Reactions: nyisleslover

TROLLCHUK

Jul 1, 2006
I think this team is better off without a "favorite son" player. Although Barzal is our star he was not brought in as the savior of the franchise. The team saw the owners and Snow bend over backwards for JT and it seems like it rubbed them the wrong way.

Plus if Trotz can instill a sense of defensive responsibility for JHS then we will make up a decent amount of points lost.

bioman22

Jun 29, 2009
Just listened as well! What a feeling of confidence and smooth thinking! NOT Weight or Snowjob, clearly such a night and day difference. I just thoroughly enjoyed listening to him.

He kept saying defense is easiest to fix, it's scoring at the NHL level that is not easy. The game requires skills and speed. Noted also he spoke about Lehner, not a mention of Griess to my recollection... although the reporter did use Griess' name. Not sure what to make of that either.

Did you notice they asked him about Dal Colle and Ho sang. Like you noted below, he also said Hosang sees the game differently and there is a lot to learn. Almost as if he could see how he thinks and that he could tap into the better parts. The most astounding thing was he said he saw them later in the week during the scrimmage. Nothing but crickets when not even referencing Dal Colle's name. Cant be good... He has a lot to prove!

Noted that everyone expects Washington to win 2 years ago, then they exchanged players and won with 6(?) rookies. Its the team that matters, not an individual.

Reactions: beach

majormet

Nov 12, 2009
Dix Hills, NY
betray.jpg

Tough when you have Jesus Greiss on the roster

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
My favorite parts are about the Defense and JHS

This is going to be a process and I think it’s going to be 1000% worth. Lamoriello and Trotz are creating s culture, a structure, and a system.

The guys will learn and adjust and build on it. The young guys will come in and learn and build on it. I’m actually really excited. We might not make the playoffs the first year but I think the transition is going to ultimately be really good.

crasherino

May 9, 2013
Man if he straightens out Ho-Sang and they bring in a capable 2C I wonder if this team is going to feel the loss at all.

I get the impression they were all sick of scumbags **** and are happy to move on without him.
I'm sure they all would have rather had him re-sign but it does feel like the players aren't despondent like they could have been. Maybe its the way it went down that made it easier for everyone to move on. Either way, the team moves on and the identity will be the team, not JT +19 others which it has been for 9 years.

Reactions: nyisleslover

HyeDray

Jul 13, 2006
New Hyde Park, NY
Just listened to both Lou and Barry today — and you know what? Time for us to pick ourselves up off the floor.

@#%& Tavares!

Nothing changes the past screw ups going back 25 years! Dont know about other fans, but I am tired of blaming the Gang of Four, Milbury, Wang, Murray, Snow — its a new day. You build an organization from the Owners out and we FINALLY have owners who have seen the light. They may not have acted right away, and yeah — it cost us — but they have finally hired A PROFESSIONAL person to run this franchise. The result — a certified winning coach! With management coming together — now its about building this thing.

Yes — some of the recent signing are stop gaps — but I believe this team could surprise some. I cannot underestimate Barry Trotz and his teams ability to get the most out his players.

I don't want this team to be about "tanking." Lets see if this team can come together under Trotz and who knows — maybe Lehner turns in a great stable performance. Maybe 2/55 pick up their games. Perhaps 6 comes to fruition and builds on a solid season. Trotz is RIGHT. There are some pieces here!!

NittanyIsle

Feb 16, 2013
Hey, if Judas leaving rallies the troops, I'm down. If I'm 91 and I look at my roster of zero grit, I might pull the ole hamstring excuse Feb 28.

DalGoal4Cups

Meet me at Belmont
Dec 4, 2011
I think this team is better off without a "favorite son" player. Although Barzal is our star he was not brought in as the savior of the franchise. The team saw the owners and Snow bend over backwards for JT and it seems like it rubbed them the wrong way.

Plus if Trotz can instill a sense of defensive responsibility for JHS then we will make up a decent amount of points lost.

Bellows, Whalstrom = can make the team next season with a good camp.

DalGoal4Cups

Meet me at Belmont
Dec 4, 2011
It sounds to me like he is saying and doing the right things. Evaluating the roster means playing with what we have. Chances are we will be sellers at the deadline and lou will do the right thing.

Remember guys, we don't have an elite goalie like the VGKs have in Fluery (so let's lay off the VGK example)

Tres Peleches

Johnny Turncoat
Jul 13, 2011
While it may be cherry picking, and I wouldn’t expect anyone to text Trotz “we’re screwed!” after JT left, seems to me that the fact that a bunch of players texted Trotz saying “we’ll be fine without him” and while not congratulating Tavares (at least in public) is another plume of smoke that signals what the team thinks of him. Where there’s smoke there’s fire

majormet

Nov 12, 2009
Dix Hills, NY
While it may be cherry picking, and I wouldn’t expect anyone to text Trotz “we’re screwed!” after JT left, seems to me that the fact that a bunch of players texted Trotz saying “we’ll be fine without him” and while not congratulating Tavares (at least in public) is another plume of smoke that signals what the team thinks of him. Where there’s smoke there’s fire

And I believe that these same players that were around were wishful of KO, Frans and Cappy when they were gone

DonLou13

Jun 18, 2018
Just not coordinated, and I am big on Pelech, stranger things have happened, I thought Chara was never going to be good when with Isles
I hear you but Trotz is a coach who loves physicality and within a great defensive structure, Mayfeld could be very useful

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad