Confirmed with Link: Tropp, Goloubef, Sean Collins re-signed

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
Not concerned with term or dollars on these, as neither is likely to be significant, but I do wonder about one-way vs two-way. Do either of these guys have the cache to get a one-way?

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
I think Goloubef is 2 way...no word on Tropp yet...

Rob Mixer ‏@RobMixer 7m
One more contract matter for today. Cody Goloubef has signed a one-year, two-way deal

Jackets16

Jan 7, 2005
Both are good signings. A little surprised Goloubef signed a two-way contract.

WannabeFinn

Beloved One
May 31, 2014
Columbus
simulationhockey.com
I knew before that if we signed all of Prout/Savard/Erixon/Goloubef that the 8th guy would have to be placed on waivers to go back to the AHL, but does Goloubef's 2 way contract make him immune to waivers..? Not really sure how it works

Xoggz22

Mar 4, 2002
Columbus, Ohio
I knew before that if we signed all of Prout/Savard/Erixon/Goloubef that the 8th guy would have to be placed on waivers to go back to the AHL, but does Goloubef's 2 way contract make him immune to waivers..? Not really sure how it works

All 4 are waiver eligible. 2-way contract simply puts them at a different pay grade. Golo would be paid differently in the AHL than he would in the NHL. Many times teams pay younger guys with promise more at the AHL level as the incentive. See Gibbons contract ($300K at AHL level).

Golo is the least likely to be claimed but the risk is there.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011

yeah with the new CBA, i'm not sure either...i would think so...

All 4 are waiver eligible. 2-way contract simply puts them at a different pay grade. Golo would be paid differently in the AHL than he would in the NHL. Many times teams pay younger guys with promise more at the AHL level as the incentive. See Gibbons contract ($300K at AHL level).

Golo is the least likely to be claimed but the risk is there.

Yep, X has it correct. There is no diff re waivers

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
great $$$ deals there...now for them to announce Erixon about the same and lets move on with trades and training camp...

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
no real reason for another thread for this...

Rob Mixer ‏@RobMixer 1m
#CBJ announce a one-year deal (two-way) with RFA forward Sean Collins

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005
Deals all look good. We'll see what their pay looks like in two years, along with Murray. Of course, some of our larger contracts will be starting to expire by then. If we give Johansen two years, 2016 could be a huge year as far as escalating contracts. We could easily be looking at 70 million in 2016.

The following season could see more if our farm system produces like we think it should.

Even with Johansen, we should be in the bottom half of the league in spending.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
I don't see us getting close to the cap until 17-18. Lots of the young guys will be in bridge territory. 18-19 is where we really will star to possibly feel a pinch. This upcoming season I see us around 60 mill with Joey at 6. Him at 5 we're 59. Definitely bottom third.

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005
I don't see us getting close to the cap until 17-18. Lots of the young guys will be in bridge territory. 18-19 is where we really will star to possibly feel a pinch. This upcoming season I see us around 60 mill with Joey at 6. Him at 5 we're 59. Definitely bottom third.

Well 70 million won't be the cap. I'm more concerned with revenue being inline with those contracts.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
Well 70 million won't be the cap. I'm more concerned with revenue being inline with those contracts.

Yeah that is a concern as the cap goes up and up will the Jackets revenue and McConnell's willingness/ability to contribute be enough to spend to the the cap. By my seat of the pants estimates I could easily see us at a payroll of 85 million, plus or minus a couple of mill, by the 2018-19 season. At some point its going to be an issue.

SuperGenius

For Duty & Humanity!
Mar 18, 2008
The nice thing is that the new TV deal in Canada is going to help the entire league, as are more stadium series events, etc. As league revenue increases, it really helps teams like the CBJ so long as they can at least succeed enough to maintain local interest and sell tickets.

Mayor Bee

Dec 29, 2008
For those keeping track at home, that's now 39 players under contract for next year with two slide risks (Bjorkstrand and Rychel).

Remaining RFAs are Johansen, Erixon, D'Amigo, Weber, and Tyrell (since Melart is apparently back to Europe).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad