Trocheck vs. Monahan

Trocheck/Monahan

• Total voters

rinne

Oct 10, 2016
Tampere
Still blows my mind how a 2c can get that many minutes

Does their bottom 6 not even play?
What bottom-6? There are not too many players you wanna give ice time to. McCann, McGinn, Vrbata, Mamin, MacKenzie, Sceviour, Haley... Some of them have potential but are struggling offensively (McCann). Mamin has potential to be a regular bottom-6 player but not yet, not as a rookie. Sceviour is good in his role actually. Haley? I guess the guy does fight a lot... Vrbata, McGinn? They have been in rotation and not really a reason to give them more ice time... MacKenzie? Well, he is the captain of the team after all. Being more useful on the ice would be nice so more ice time could be given.

Funny what giving away two top-6 wingers does for a team's depth. As per now Floridas offence is Trocheck-Barkov-Huberdeau. Dadonov is a good complementary peace. There is nothing wrong that even Boughner seems to admit that and puts Barkov and Trocheck on ice as much as they can handle without breaking.

VoluntaryDom

Formerly DominicBoltsFan / Ⓐ / ✞
Oct 31, 2016
Tampa FL
Very close. Monahan is putting up better offensive numbers but he has a top 5 LW on his line in Gaudreau. He is a clutch-time scorer though. Trocheck plays with sort of random wingers and yet still produces. He also got tripped in the 2016 playoffs. He is a good two way center and play driver. Both are around the 20th best center in the NHL in my opinion. Too close to call for me, I'll vote Trocheck but can go either way.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad