Value of: Trocheck to Minnesota

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
Minnesota needs better centers, Carolina needs to resign Svechnikov, Hamilton, Foegele, Geekie and Bean after this season. First two will cost a lot, so the team needs all the cap it's able to free.

Carolina has 4 good centers in Aho, Necas, Stall and Trocheck, and the latter looks as good as gone after the next season anyway.

Big Daddy Cane

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2010
Western PA
There's a time to transition Necas over, but it's not in the middle of a season in which the Canes are trying to win it all. Martinook is not going to be the 3C on the team voluntarily either.

Anton Babchuk

Nov 3, 2005
Raleigh-Durham
twitter.com
Minnesota needs better centers, Carolina needs to resign Svechnikov, Hamilton, Foegele, Geekie and Bean after this season. First two will cost a lot, so the team needs all the cap it's able to free.

Carolina has 4 good centers in Aho, Necas, Stall and Trocheck, and the latter looks as good as gone after the next season anyway.
geekie will cost next to nothing to re-sign, foegele sucks and it wouldn't surprise me if he wasn't given a qualifying offer, and bean has little leverage with no arbitration rights and one (1) good season as a third pairing defenseman. trocheck's contract is a non-issue. if he walks after next season then that's okay. there's no point in trading a PPG center while the team is in contention just because his contract is expiring after next year.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
I think the time to trade for Trochek was last year when we all thought he sucked. Right now he makes them a two (or three?) line team, which they are going to need to beat TBL.

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
geekie will cost next to nothing to re-sign, foegele sucks and it wouldn't surprise me if he wasn't given a qualifying offer, and bean has little leverage with no arbitration rights and one (1) good season as a third pairing defenseman. trocheck's contract is a non-issue. if he walks after next season then that's okay. there's no point in trading a PPG center while the team is in contention just because his contract is expiring after next year.

Do McGinn and Martinook suck as well? They are both UFAs after the season.

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
This was a missed opportunity for Guerin at the TDL last year. Now, doesn’t make sense for Carolina. He’s on a great deal and I believe a UFA after next season.

Maurice of Orange

Wahatquenak
Feb 5, 2016

Trocheck probably won’t be available for trade until the offseason as he will be needed for the Hurricanes playoff run.

If Minnesota needs an in season trade for a center then maybe they could try contacting non-playoff teams that are looking to sell any centers that may be of use to the Minnesota Wild.

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
I think the Canes intend on keeping him until his contract expires, at minimum. It’s a steal of a contract.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
Do McGinn and Martinook suck as well? They are both UFAs after the season.

They certainly aren't worth keeping at the cost of losing either Hamilton or Trochek. Geekie and Lorentz are already providing what Martinook provides and there are other guys in the system as well. Overpaying for guys like McGinn and Martinook are what causes problems for teams, not keeping a guy like Trocheck.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad