Trocheck not worried about place on Panthers roster

Chino Oscar

Jul 22, 2002
West Palm Beach
His numbers show that he spent a good amount of time at center at wing. A good amount of his ice time (statistically) with Florida came with Winchester, Bjugstad, and Trochek (at different times).

Pirri was definitely tried at wing.

I honestly don't know what stats you are looking at that would tell you who he was on the ice with. The games I saw him play (which were all of them except for maybe one) he was slotted as the third line center. He may have had PP time on the wing or late in games, but he was definitely NOT being "tried at wing". And Winchester, while listed as a center, played wing for the Panthers almost exclusively.

Last edited:

Dr Beinfest

Jun 11, 2012
Washington, DC
I honestly don't know what stats you are looking at that would tell you who he was on the ice with. The games I saw him play (which were all of them except for maybe one) he was slotted as the third line center. He may have had PP time on the wing or late in games, but he was definitely NOT being "tried at wing". And Winchester, while listed as a center, played wing for the Panthers almost exclusively.

How are you going to acknowledge "he may have had PP time or late in games" but then go ahead and say he wasn't tried at wing?

That's being tried at wing. Less so on the PP, of course.

These statistics are available online both from the NHL and other star websites that track the ice tracker from NHL.com. Yes, Winchester was primarily at wing, but he saw plenty of time at center too on the fourth line. Just depends what time of year we are talking.

Anyways, yes, Pirri absolutely did get some time at wing. *some*, mostly situational. But he also didn't play a whole lot to begin with.

Last edited:

coopdaloop123

Mar 11, 2013
FL
How are you going to acknowledge "he may have had PP time or late in games" but then go ahead and say he wasn't tried at wing?

That's being tried at wing. Less so on the PP, of course.

These statistics are available online both from the NHL and other star websites that track the ice tracker from NHL.com. Yes, Winchester was primarily at wing, but he saw plenty of time at center too on the fourth line. Just depends what time of year we are talking.

Anyways, yes, Pirri absolutely did get some time at wing. *some*, mostly situational. But he also didn't play a whole lot to begin with.

Pirri played wing several times (and looked great) when players were injuried mid-game, or when Horachek opted to shorten his bench in crunch time. He was usually slotted alongside Bjugstad when he did.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad