Value of: Tristan Jarry at the Draft

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Sorry but hes right. He doesn't sniff a first... A 2nd would be lucky. Goalies have no value... Especially unproven ones like Jarry .

I didn't say a single thing about a 1st. I quoted someone who acted like the Pens would be lucky to get more than a 3rd.

I think Jarry, if he were on the market, would get more than a solitary 3rd round pick.

KevinRedkey

12/18/23 and beyond!
Jan 22, 2010
Dejavu for comments about Talbot and Eddie Lack were getting put on the market--lack got a 3rd and a 7th and talbot got a 2nd and 3rd.

We have a track record of what back ups get-- who was the last complete back up with zero starting (meaning being the team starter) who got traded for a 1st? Raanta would be the closest but in the trade was Darek Stephen

Martin Jones fetched 29th overall in summer 2015

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
People in here really have no concept of value, it seems like. Just stop and think for a second. Jarry was a 2013 2nd round pick and has developed extremely well, to the point where he's NHL ready right now. His upside is without a doubt a starting goalie. So why in god's name would the Penguins trade him straight up for a 3rd? It doesn't matter what you think "market value" is, why would the Penguins accept a 3rd round pick in 2018 for a NHL ready goalie prospect who was a 2nd round pick 5 years ago?

"Market value" is based on what teams would pay and what teams are willing to accept. By that, Jarry's value is more than a 3rd, because the Penguins wouldn't accept a 3rd for him.

Reactions: ManwithNoIdentity

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad