Value of: Tristan Jarry at the Draft

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
The Penguins won't trade him this soon. They're not going to prematurely trade him when they could get a mid to high 1st if they wait a year or two.

Toby Flenderson

Jun 4, 2015
If they can get a late 1st I think Pitt should do it. Keep Murray and DeSmith. Sign a FA goalie and draft another in like the 3rd round or so

Apr 9, 2009
USA
Not worth moving him for a 2nd, he's shown that he can be an excellent goaltender. Just needs to grow a little and put it all together. Would need a solid roster upgrade for me be ok moving him.

Also, not gonna lie, Murray gets hurt a lot and I like Jarry more than DeSmith as a backup.

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012
He would need to put up an excellent 30+ game season next year to get a mid-late to late 1st.
This year maybe he could get a 2nd and a prospect

Reactions: ColoradoCanes
Feb 24, 2017
The Penguins won't trade him this soon. They're not going to prematurely trade him when they could get a mid to high 1st if they wait a year or two.
But this website tells me that goalies are dime a dozen and worth nothing.

Maybe that was just a Canucks need to trade one narrative.

ColbyChaos

Marty Snoozeman's Father
Sep 27, 2017
Will County
If he is what he is billed out to be they keep him and lose Murray at the ripe old age 26 in the expansion draft where he becomes a veteran mentor to all the kids in Seatle:sarcasm:

Reactions: nwhockeyfan

Roof Daddy

Apr 1, 2008
So you have a former Oil King you’d be willing to part with? Darryl Katz and Oilers management just collectively got an unexplainable bulge in their trousers. Clearly our 1st++ is on the table.

In all seriousness, I think our 2nd (currently 39th) is fair value. I’d do it as an Oil fan, because we don’t develop worth shit and have very little waiting in the wings for goaltenders, but I don’t know if the Pens would pull the trigger.

wej20

Aug 14, 2008
UK
So you have a former Oil King you’d be willing to part with? Darryl Katz and Oilers management just collectively got an unexplainable bulge in their trousers. Clearly our 1st++ is on the table.

In all seriousness, I think our 2nd (currently 39th) is fair value. I’d do it as an Oil fan, because we don’t develop worth **** and have very little waiting in the wings for goaltenders, but I don’t know if the Pens would pull the trigger.

Probably fair value but Pens will hold onto him as he should increase his value over the next few seasons.

Vancouver Canucks

Feb 8, 2015
I would say an early third-round pick for him. Personally, I hope Vancouver gets him, because our goaltending is just out to lunch.

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012

In all seriousness, I think our 2nd (currently 39th) is fair value. I’d do it as an Oil fan, because we don’t develop worth **** and have very little waiting in the wings for goaltenders, but I don’t know if the Pens would pull the trigger.
I think of pick #39 was on the table the Pens would take it.

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus

Dejavu for comments about Talbot and Eddie Lack were getting put on the market--lack got a 3rd and a 7th and talbot got a 2nd and 3rd.

We have a track record of what back ups get-- who was the last complete back up with zero starting (meaning being the team starter) who got traded for a 1st? Raanta would be the closest but in the trade was Darek Stephen

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Dejavu for comments about Talbot and Eddie Lack were getting put on the market--lack got a 3rd and a 7th and talbot got a 2nd and 3rd.

We have a track record of what back ups get-- who was the last complete back up with zero starting (meaning being the team starter) who got traded for a 1st? Raanta would be the closest but in the trade was Darek Stephen

Lehner and Jones?

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
What the? No, Gustavsson being dealt means Jarry isn't going anywhere.

Excuse me for not tying my apple wagon to an inconsistent 26 year-old who came out of nowhere, nor giving up on a 22 year-old with a track record not being amazing right away.

The mere concept of trading him for a draft pick right now...
baxter-cain-baseketball-gif-disgust.gif

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
A mid level 2nd should work for him.

He was a mid/high-level 2nd rounder.

Unless someone is desperate and thinks that Jarry is the answer (too soon for that) there's no reason for Rutherford to give a moment's thought about dealing him until contract is a real concern or he wants out...he's still within his ELC right now.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad