Triple Silver Club

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
Zetterberg, I believe.

Olympic silver 2014, WC silver 2003, lost to Pittsburgh in 2009.

Wasted Talent

Sponsor
Aug 9, 2011
Sami Salo, Toni Lydman and Jarkko Ruutu are in the Quadruple Silver Club and none of them have a finals win to balance it out. Timonen also has lost all four finals but also won Stanley Cup last season.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Jere Lehtinen : 2006 Turin Olymypics , 2000 Stanley Cup Final with Dallas against the Devils and 1992 , 1994 and 2007 World Championships.

TonsofPuppies*

Mar 11, 2010
Toronto, ON
I can't even imagine what must have been running through Hanks head in 2014.

Dude lost two finals in one year. Like...goddamn.

Yeah, hard year for sure. I'm not a fan of the Rangers by any means, but I would like to see him win the cup at some point in his career. He's earned it. Just a stellar career.

ES

Feb 14, 2004
Finland
This should be reserved for only those who haven't won any of those titles, many Finns are in I have to admit.

Zetterberg is a member of Triple Gold Club but he has also lost in all three finals.

Dr Despair

Mar 22, 2009
This should be reserved for only those who haven't won any of those titles, many Finns are in I have to admit.

Zetterberg is a member of Triple Gold Club but he has also lost in all three finals.

Agreed, if you've won, you don't qualify for this club. Leave something for Finns, for crying out loud.

And btw, please don't confuse (Finnish) dark humor with self pity. Two very different things. :)

LiveeviL

No unique points
Jan 5, 2009
Sweden
Agreed, if you've won, you don't qualify for this club. Leave something for Finns, for crying out loud.

And btw, please don't confuse (Finnish) dark humor with self pity. Two very different things. :)

One is about tango and the other about alcohol and pukko?

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
Since Canada hasn't lost an Olympic final since 1994 there's certainly no active players. Conor McDavid wasn't even born.

Yes that is clear. I was more thinking of the 1994 and 1992 players, but I hadn't check those teams thoroughly. After a few minutes of checking, there are several players on those teams with two of the three necessary elements: Eric Lindros, Sean Burke, Jason Woolley, Dave Archibald, Greg Johnson. Needless to say that none of them will be collecting the final piece of this trifecta of failure. There is also the odd player like Glenn Anderson who played in the Olympics (and lost) prior to playing in the NHL. Anderson actually did finish second in the NHL playoffs and IIHF WC, but Canada was sixth at the 1980 Olympics when he played.

Xokkeu

Apr 5, 2012
Frozen
Yes that is clear. I was more thinking of the 1994 and 1992 players, but I hadn't check those teams thoroughly. After a few minutes of checking, there are several players on those teams with two of the three necessary elements: Eric Lindros, Sean Burke, Jason Woolley, Dave Archibald, Greg Johnson. Needless to say that none of them will be collecting the final piece of this trifecta of failure. There is also the odd player like Glenn Anderson who played in the Olympics (and lost) prior to playing in the NHL. Anderson actually did finish second in the NHL playoffs and IIHF WC, but Canada was sixth at the 1980 Olympics when he played.

I'm just more depressed that a tournament I remember with one of my favorite players ever is so long ago current NHL ers weren't even a live for

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad