WWE: Triple H is retired from in-ring competition

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Triple H revealed in an interview that will air in-full tonight with Stephen A. Smith that he is retired and is living with a heart defibrillator. He had pneumonia and started coughing up blood and discovered his half of his heart stopped pumping enough blood.

Reactions: Kaner9

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
Not surprised by this at all.

That said, absolute legend. Loved basically all of his work minus the year of terror.

Reactions: Kaner9

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
He's always been the most underappreciated guy in wrestling. Time has only proven him right about guys like RVD and Jeff Hardy and 99% of the other guys he "buried" (minus Booker T, who was buried because he was made in WCW, not because he was black).

Aside from Booker T I don't think any of the guys he buried should have been World Champ. Orton clearly wasn't ready in 04 and he put Batista over huge who did the best house show numbers for them for years.

Giving multiple PPV main events to Nash, Steiner and Goldberg was not the wise move. Obviously Vince wanted to bury WCW. At the very least Nash wasn't even re-established in any angles or given mic time before facing Triple H for 3 months and then leaving the WWE.

Then obviously Triple H's work with NXT proved he's a genius booker.

Only knock against him is his involvement in the screwjob and then lying to Bret afterwards. Obviously there were legal repercussions to worry about for him so I don't even think it's a huge deal. Bret obviously hates him and talks shit about him weekly.

It sucks that they dismantled NXT while he was out recovering. AEW really aren't using the NXT guys as well as people expected them to(minus Cole).

Transplanted Caper

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2003
Yup, he can't do anything stress related anymore.

Going to make any family gathering difficult.

All the best to him. Hell of a run. Great mind for the business, and despite being overused at his peak, probably took more shit than he deserved. From the curtain call on.

Cubs2024WSChamps

Tate MacRae follows me on Tiktok
Apr 29, 2015
Jim Brunzell came out and stated HHH needs a heart transplant.

Steroids and HGH are bad news. Triple H’s morphing into three layers back on the evolutionary scale when he was on top wasnt the best thing he could have done for himself and his run on top is what started the E’s downward spiral.

Good worker, but not a guy you should have wanted as the main guy.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
You don't find a way around that. I have enough relatives with similar tech in their bodies. You can't stress yourself at all. This isn't something to joke about.

You have to forgive my pessimistic attitude because the hardest days I ever had was when I learned the horrifying truth about Benoit, the day Eddie was suddenly taken from us and Edge's retirement. I wasn't overly attached to Daniel Byran but I felt it nevertheless. And it's almost like it did not matter because they came back anyway.

I want this to be taken seriously. I just don't know if it will because of what I've seen before

SUX2BU

User of registers
Feb 6, 2018
Canada
I thought HHH and Seth Rollins would hook up at Wrestlemania

Oh well, enjoy retirement HHH ……

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
63 year old Triple H returning in the Rumble to toss out 54 year old Brock Lesnar.

That is likely, but he will also steal Michaels' return gimmick by doing that at the UNIVERSE'S GREAT ROYAL RUMBLE in Saudi Arabia. If only he could shock and disgust everyone by returning with a shaved head ala Michaels, but he blew that "spot" already.

Reactions: branimal84

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad