Player Discussion Trevor Zegras : Part III

unicornBLOOD

Mar 18, 2022
Oiler fan, coming in peace. So obviously Zegras had a rough year, between injuries, production, and team results. Is he long for the Ducks?? or do you guys see him getting dealt this summer?? I like the kid's skill and swagger, thought he was gonna be one of the next crop of stars, he still could be. What do you Duck fans think?

• Haha
Reactions: Dryish

GermanRocket7

Fire Newell Brown yesteryear!
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2008
Düsseldorf
Not available whatsoever, and it's all just been some stupid "media stirring up shit to get clicks" scenario.

Z has been continuously working on his deficits and has added much needed two-way play. For him, it was just a perfect storm with a new coach (and system), missing camp due to contract negotiations, getting injured multiple times, and pretty much all players underachieving majorly. He set up hundreds of chances in his few games, but most just weren't buried.

The only players he would be traded for are McJesus or Bedard, and we all know that ain't gonna happen.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Oiler fan, coming in peace. So obviously Zegras had a rough year, between injuries, production, and team results. Is he long for the Ducks?? or do you guys see him getting dealt this summer?? I like the kid's skill and swagger, thought he was gonna be one of the next crop of stars, he still could be. What do you Duck fans think?

Shouldn’t be moved,
When healthy he’s been our best player…. He’s taken big strides on the defensive side of the puck.

His production has been pretty normal when healthy, zegras haters have over blown that aspect.

He had a rough start which is pretty easily explained
- missed camp, new system and playing with a lingering injury
The biggest surprise is he has 1 point on the power play

I think he is a leader for us in the locker room and on the ice, and a very important part of our future, and I still think he has 90+ upside. I think he’s going to have a very big year next season and shut up any doubters.

Reactions: SmokeyDuck

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Hey hey hey, adding Zegras to your F core should be illegal :laugh:

As others have mentioned, he is our best player, I don't see why we should move him unless you offer a better player that fits our window.
The clickbait is strong with Zegras, anyone wants to stirr up a rumor about him

Boo Boo

Jan 31, 2013
Sorry dude but you’ve been seravellied

Gliff

Tank Commander
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2011
Tennessee
Notice how Ducks fans are not making any threads on the trade boards trying to move him? That should speak volumes.

dracom

Dec 22, 2015
Vancouver, WA
Inb4 gautheir zegras caufield line is used at world championships.

And Montreal fans start offering 10 2nds for both guys combined, he’ll they might even put newhook or dach on the table
We could only be so lucky. Both Zegras and Cutter are clear locker room cancers and just not very good. Definitely not players you can win with. Montreal would be doing us a favor taking them.

Reactions: HanSolo

Rasp

Apr 9, 2019
Lets reverse Uno them and make 20 threads about Caufield to Anaheim.
Got to make sure all of the offers for Caufield are massive unders and all of our decent prospects and players are off limits as well as our firsts.

Reactions: lwvs84

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Also be sure to mention how deficient he is defensively and he underperformed to his contract so we'd be taking a huge risk.
Caufield is not good defensively, and not physical

You can’t win with him.

I don’t even want him, but if I was to want him highest I’d go is a 2nd

Reactions: Kalv and lwvs84

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad