Player Discussion Trevor Zegras (Part II)

Status
Not open for further replies.

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017

FFtZTG_XEAwcFEy

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Talk about creepy.
Shouldn’t you be posting terry children pics somewhere …. I’m just hoping for Troy terry Christmas story on the hfboards from you ala “the story on how I met kris letang on Christmas Eve”

we need some fan fiction on our boards

Reactions: Smirnov2Chistov

bsu

Sep 27, 2017
Shouldn’t you be posting terry children pics somewhere …. I’m just hoping for Troy terry Christmas story on the hfboards from you ala “the story on how I met kris letang on Christmas Eve”

we need some fan fiction on our boards
If he scores a goal I will. Why are you talking about Terry in a Zegras thread? So hypocritical lmfao. Just stop dude.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
If he scores a goal I will. Why are you talking about Terry in a Zegras thread? So hypocritical lmfao. Just stop dude.
Not sure you know what the word hypocritical means, but I’ll give you a clue if your using it wrong

StarDucks

Sep 14, 2020
Funny. Taboo to talk **** on steel? People should go re-read how pissy people got when I suggested it was premature to be talking about 8x8 contracts for Zegras.

disclaimer before that hornets nest gets re-stirred. I really really like Zegras

Mr Rogers

Jul 11, 2010
Calgary
Funny. Taboo to talk **** on steel? People should go re-read how pissy people got when I suggested it was premature to be talking about 8x8 contracts for Zegras.

disclaimer before that hornets nest gets re-stirred. I really really like Zegras
I think people generally point out things that he (Z) does wrong or needs to improve on. I don't think the criticism of Steel is any more harsh than Zegras relative to what they're doing on the ice.

bsu

Sep 27, 2017
I think people generally point out things that he (Z) does wrong or needs to improve on. I don't think the criticism of Steel is any more harsh than Zegras relative to what they're doing on the ice.
Yep if Zegras gives up a scoring chance he creates 3 or 4 to make up for it. Steel creates a scoring chance every 4 games. Zegras has a lot to work on in the defensive zone, the good news is he is really good with his stick, really good on the backcheck and has good instincts.

StarDucks

Sep 14, 2020
Since this is a Zegras thread. I thought he was great again last night. He and Rakell look to be building some great chemistry. He’s getting a tryout as our 1st line center right now essentially, and for the most part he’s performing spectacularly.

his line is a freaking mess defensively tho. Rakell has never been a great defensive player, and Zegras while he puts in the effort gets bullied down low. But Freaking Milano is just straight incompetent at times, both with the effort, and awareness defensively. Good thing he’s contributing on the offensive side of things.

StarDucks

Sep 14, 2020
Don’t agree with that at all. People are shit talking Steel when he’s not even on the ice.

Tbf steel has been flat bad at times as a winger. But in the small sample size that he’s gotten to play center(last two games) he’s been MUCH better.

Mr Rogers

Jul 11, 2010
Calgary
Don’t agree with that at all. People are shit talking Steel when he’s not even on the ice.

Tbf steel has been flat bad at times as a winger. But in the small sample size that he’s gotten to play center(last two games) he’s been MUCH better.
Well, agree to disagree. timing of criticism doesn't need to march lockstep with shifts.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012

I mean this whole little thing started based on steel not jumping into a skirmish, which given the circumstances was irrational at best. Outside of that I don’t think people have cared too much of people talk down on steel.

theres people that will defend steel and hope he can get better, but I don’t think anyone is on the forums talking about how amazing steel is or going to be…. More that they like his attitude and effort despite things not going his way and that he can still become an effective nhl player if he continues working at it

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
Since this is a Zegras thread. I thought he was great again last night. He and Rakell look to be building some great chemistry. He’s getting a tryout as our 1st line center right now essentially, and for the most part he’s performing spectacularly.

his line is a freaking mess defensively tho. Rakell has never been a great defensive player, and Zegras while he puts in the effort gets bullied down low. But Freaking Milano is just straight incompetent at times, both with the effort, and awareness defensively. Good thing he’s contributing on the offensive side of things.
On a team with any sort of offensive depth, that line would have been benched last night.

Reactions: StarDucks

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
Yep if Zegras gives up a scoring chance he creates 3 or 4 to make up for it. Steel creates a scoring chance every 4 games. Zegras has a lot to work on in the defensive zone, the good news is he is really good with his stick, really good on the backcheck and has good instincts.
Zegras is team worst -8. He has 2 PPP, so he’s not really producing there either. He’s been on ice for 25 goals against. Steel has been on ice for 10. It’s (very) fun to watch, but his style of play is the kind that gets swept in the playoffs. He needs the Yzerman talk.

Reactions: Hockey Duckie

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York

Yeah they are generating a lot of offense but they have these defensive breakdowns but Z is only 20 yo and it’s not a question of him being lazy he is still learning to defend in his own end and one defensive play against Vegas led to that Drysdale goal.

Milano gives up on the play and I think that is why he had issues in Columbus playing for Torts.

Reactions: Ducks DVM and bsu

bsu

Sep 27, 2017
Zegras is team worst -8. He has 2 PPP, so he’s not really producing there either. He’s been on ice for 25 goals against. Steel has been on ice for 10. It’s (very) fun to watch, but his style of play is the kind that gets swept in the playoffs. He needs the Yzerman talk.
Been on the ice for 25 goals, has 19 points, has created 5+ grade A scoring chances a game. The only game I did record his scoring plays (Vegas) I had 14 clips alone and I didn't even clip everything. Yes he needs to improve defensively he's 20. He is playing with Milano who sucks ass defensively honestly and Rakell who's never been known for defense although I think he is decent at it against top lines/pairings every night as a 20 year old. Steel or anyone other prospect at age 20 for that matter never went against the matchups Z is. They usually went against the worst matchups and still didn't do anything close to what Z is doing. He'll learn he has too much heart, compete level and winning attitude to not. Zegras has proven he's a player that plays better under pressure as well.

Last edited:
Oct 18, 2011
The difference for me is Zegras is 3 years younger and his creating offense left and right. He does need to get better defensively but that will only come with time and experience

Oct 18, 2011
Zegras underlying ES numbers are legit first line center level

Reactions: Mr Rogers

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
Zegras underlying ES numbers are legit first line center level
At one end of the ice. The team won’t go anywhere in the playoffs the way he plays D unless they put someone on the line to babysit him on D.

He and Milano are #9 and #8 in offensive zone starts at 72.6% and 79% respectively, but his SAT% is behind Getzlaf with a 33.6%. He’s the definition of sheltered right now.

That’s not to say he’s not supremely talented offensively, but that’s the kind of first line that gets you a high draft pick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad