Trevor Smith

• Thread starter thunderhawk905*
  • Start date

thunderhawk905*

4 goals (2 game winning) 4 assists, 16 games played. 0 +/-

I like this player. He has gone from scoring at 3 - 6 mins a night, to being given 14 - 20 minutes and still contributing. Having played already for the Islanders, Lightning and Penguins...I have a feeling he wants to make his worth right now.

It's too bad he hasn't been able to get as many offensive chances, he has half the amount of shots as Clarkson and delivered 2 more goals.

What are your thoughts on his play and future with the Leafs?

Rielly4

Dec 12, 2012
meh... Good marlies guy a little better then Hamilton was... He definitely has some scoring touch but hes not a guy you pencil into your lineup if you wanna contend.

A1LeafNation

Obsession beats talent everytime!!
Oct 17, 2010
As soon as you give someone expectations, they **** the bed.

Morale of the story aim low, so low that if you succeed no one will care... :(

rdawg1234

Jul 2, 2012
He's a depth scoring centre, not much more than that.

a couple of his goals have been pretty flukey, but overall he's pretty mediocre.

Im okay with him as a stopgap, but he shouldnt be on this team much longer.

crump

~ ~ (ړײ) ~ ~
Feb 26, 2004
Ontariariario
Injury fill in. Depth guy making the most of his opportunity. Barely a point per game guy at the AHL level on his best years. Wish him well. Hope he becomes a late blooming superstar. Doubt it will happen. Just score against the Sens in an embarrassing way for them and I will be happy.

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
Good call up.

MUCH better then Ryan Hamilton, who everyone called a good call up/4th liner but never actually did anything good.

Re-sign him on a two way contract for the Marlies/Leafs call up.

Penalty Kill Icing*

For our lack of our center depth, all goals last game were scored by out centers. o_O

I see him as a depth center, but he provides very good offense for an AHL callup.

Northernguy10

May 26, 2013
Timmins Ontario
Good player...under-rated...Put him with decent offensive linemates, give him enough minutes for several games and see what he can do...i.e...give him a chance.

KessMeRandy

Nov 25, 2013
Injury fill in. Depth guy making the most of his opportunity. Barely a point per game guy at the AHL level on his best years. Wish him well. Hope he becomes a late blooming superstar. Doubt it will happen. Just score against the Sens in an embarrassing way for them and I will be happy.

actually he's an over ppg game in his best years. And not many are. He's a decent player who was too small to be given a chance because he's played in bigger markets (Lightning aside). Sort of like Abbott. AHL lifers than haven't even been given a full season worth of a chance to be an NHL player. He seems to score clutch goals and has 7 points in his last 9 games at 2 and 3C, so good for him!

BonMorrison

Jun 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
I think he's played a way onto having a permanent spot on the 4th line.

Damn, fancy that - a fourth line that can score.

Smith - McClement - Ashton/D'Amigo/Orr/Broll

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
He's a beauty. Heart and soul type player.

A fan of Doug Gilmour, got to like this. He's starting to grow on me, not the most talented player but again often lost here, makes up for it in smarts and determination.

“Dougie Gilmour,†he said. “One of my favourites growing up, for sure.â€
No one’s confusing Smith for Gilmour, but that’s not the point because he wasn’t expected to score like this.
“I knew I could,†Smith said. “I’m not sure if anybody else did. But I’m just taking it day-by-day and really enjoying it and just having a lot of un.â€

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
I would really hope Smith finds his way on this team as a character "Nothing Line" guy (ie: can bounce between 3rd/4th line and either he scores - or nothing happens) I really like him.

ponder

Jul 11, 2007
Vancouver
Borderline NHLer/AHLer, but I like what he brings to the table. Very glad to have him as an injury replacement, with Bozak and Bolland out he's one of only two centres on the team who can actually generate offence (Smith and Kadri). When we're healthy, though, he's not better than any of Bozak/Kadri/Bolland/McClement.

Clark4Ever

What we do in hockey echoes in eternity...
Oct 10, 2010
T.O.
I think he's been better than McClement this year, abeit over a limited sample size.

frankthetank91

Jul 30, 2011
Even with a full healthy line up i'd like to see him up permanent on the 4th line. They both can play either C or LW. Definately better than McLaren-Smithson.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad