Confirmed with Link: Trevor Moore five year extension

funky

Time for the future. More Byfield and Clarke
Mar 9, 2002
I hate this signing. Moore to me is a third line guy and penalty killer. I like the player but not at the term and price. I was really hoping that Turcotte would’ve developed into a replacement for him a lot cheaper price.

Reactions: Schrute farms

DoktorJeep

Expediency x Sentimentality = Mediocrity
Aug 2, 2005
OC
Brutal overpay. Blake could have signed this guy to a bargain deal 2 years ago. He comes out of nowhere to earn a 5 year deal. Baffling. Nice player but if you didn’t plan for this before 6 months ago, you have no idea what you’re doing.

The bright side is the Kings will have the league’s cheapest first line in 24/25 with Moore, Danault and Kempe.

Reactions: KINGS17 and funky

BringTheReign

Jul 3, 2008
San Diego
I'm more thinking like is this even 82 full games of $4.2MM AAV hockey?

Kempe goes career year in a contract year and doesn't look like the same guy.

Cal gets the contract based on...hope on a limited sample size. Here we are.

I'm not asking for a moratorium on moves from Blake but anything he does is scary to me right now.
He definitely seems to be leaning towards the "make a gamble early to potentially save on cap hit later on" camp. I do like that he actually treats RFAs like RFAs at least.

Also, TREVOR f***ING MOORE IN THE SHOOTOUT!

GameNight

Dec 5, 2021
Trevor Moore got what Toffoli got, at the same age, 2 years ago. From Marc Bergevin.

Both are Bruin killers.

I dunno, I hope Thousand Oaks keeps it up. I really like Trevor Moore

But in comparison to Toffoli, at their same age? It's like signing Cal Peterson to $5M after 55 games

Surf Nutz

Hockey Remote Viewer With A Frozen Finger
May 16, 2022
In the tube
clubnami.com
He definitely seems to be leaning towards the "make a gamble early to potentially save on cap hit later on" camp. I do like that he actually treats RFAs like RFAs at least.

Also, TREVOR f***ING MOORE IN THE SHOOTOUT!
With the rate of inflation, there has never been a better time for this tactic. Moore is storybook and today was an exciting chapter. Don't judge the moves until seasons end. And Blake won the Muzzin trade once and for all.

Last edited:

BringTheReign

Jul 3, 2008
San Diego
With the rate of inflation, there has never been a better time for this tactic. Moore is storybook and today was an exciting chapter. Don't judge the moves until seasons end. And Blake won the Muzzin trade once and for all.
Moore was in the Clifford/Campbell trade, but yeah he won both of them.

bicboi64

Aug 13, 2020
Brampton
Sens fan here, I think this can be a bit of a gamble but at worst, an overpay of $1-1.5 million. Super jealous of all the depth y'all have in almost every position

Fishhead

Jul 15, 2003
PNW
Moore is backing up last year somewhat, at this point he's a mid to upper 40 point guy. This is about the going price, I think. He's not going to be old and fall off a cliff, the contract ends at about the right time.

AbsentMojo

F-ing get up and hunt! Cmon Todd!
Apr 18, 2018
twitter.com
Sens fan here, I think this can be a bit of a gamble but at worst, an overpay of $1-1.5 million. Super jealous of all the depth y'all have in almost every position
Have u checked our LD or goaltending depth lately? We went into the season with 2LD and still havent addressed - playing Durzi on his offside most games.

Frolov 6'3

Unregistered User
Jun 7, 2003
The Netherlands
I'm more thinking like is this even 82 full games of $4.2MM AAV hockey?

Kempe goes career year in a contract year and doesn't look like the same guy.
Isn’t that a little bit far fetched with barely 30 games played and slightly below last year’s pace and play.

If anything he is showing he is capable of scoring 30 goals again.

Reactions: David Lunch

BigKing

Blake Out of Hell III: Back in to Hell
Mar 11, 2003
Belmont Shore, CA
google.com
Isn’t that a little bit far fetched with barely 30 games played and slightly below last year’s pace and play.

If anything he is showing he is capable of scoring 30 goals again.
He doesn't look like the same guy. Doesn't mean he can't or won't be but all I have is his play post-contract v. his play last year.

Frolov 6'3

Unregistered User
Jun 7, 2003
The Netherlands
He doesn't look like the same guy. Doesn't mean he can't or won't be but all I have is his play post-contract v. his play last year.
That’s fair, but I think of something else when someone does not look the same, not somebody who who will score 30 goals once again. His bad play is also a bit exxagarated on this forum.

SaltyElkHunter

Grocery Shopping in the woods
Apr 24, 2019
Utah
I just don’t understand the plan? We have so many players under contract and are suffocating our young guys who we want to take the next step with a lack of ice time (oxygen). We have 2 players xtra top 6 really good top 9 players that are keeping arty and gabe down. We have 2 extra RHD in Roy and Walker who are keeping two LHD Spence and Toby down.

We will be in cap hell this summer if 4 players are not moved out

Ideal lineup imho is

22-11-13
12-24-9
33-55-34
91-46-89

7-8
44-50
2-53. We need something better than Edler there but size is needed.

32-29

I think with the D adjusted and a better coach our goaltending and team defense improves by leaps and bounds even though goaltending needs to be addressed.

Last edited:
Reactions: kilowatt

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
It's like signing Cal Peterson to $5M after 55 games

I disagree with this, if only because even if Trevor Moore falls of offensively and is a bottom-six defensive forward, he's still tradable. You can retain half of his contract. You can hide a bad forward contract pretty easily. It's hard to hide a bad contract on defense and impossible in net. A suboptimal forward won't lose you games, a goalie will.

The Petersen contract was just that terrible.

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
That’s fair, but I think of something else when someone does not look the same, not somebody who who will score 30 goals once again. His bad play is also a bit exxagarated on this forum.
Can't agree with this at all. Last year, he was leading the charge on entries, particularly on the powerplay. He would engage a lot more physically.

He still has his lethal shot, but he's largely been less engaged in his play without the puck, he struggles with entries. Heck, how many times have there been issues caused by him taking too long to get to the bench during OT during the road trip alone?

He plays like he has on his mind that all he has to do is get open and his shot will take care of the rest.

BigKing

Blake Out of Hell III: Back in to Hell
Mar 11, 2003
Belmont Shore, CA
google.com
On the flip side, we can't say right now that he will score 30 goals again. Lot of Fiala in his scoring log so he probably will if he gets to play with him at EV.

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
8.2m tied up on Iafallo and Moore.

I do like Trevor’s game, but with all the forwards you’ve drafted, you should have been able to replace him with someone younger and cheaper.

People keep saying trade Iafallo/Kempe/arvidsson as if it’s easy to do. In reality it’s very difficult to move contracts of significant salary these days.

Reactions: KINGS17

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
Fair market value for him, maybe 1 year too long but still a good deal for what he brings. He's a solid depth guy who has great chemistry with Danault. Who knows, by year 3-4 the cap will be 5 plus mil more and we'll be worrying about someone else.

Surf Nutz

Hockey Remote Viewer With A Frozen Finger
May 16, 2022
In the tube
clubnami.com
Moore is freaking awesome. 1/3 of the only line that TMaxc has kept together. He needs to be one of the 3 shootout shooters.
The early season schedule was brutal and there have been some breakdowns.
I like what Blake is building and him accumulating assets and waiting patiently for the right guys at the right price.
Lets see what happens before the TDL and if they make the playoffs.
I am guilty of judging too early last season so I understand how the panic sets in.

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
Moore is freaking awesome. 1/3 of the only line that TMaxc has kept together. He needs to be one of the 3 shootout shooters.
The early season schedule was brutal and there have been some breakdowns.
I like what Blake is building and him accumulating assets and waiting patiently for the right guys at the right price.
Lets see what happens before the TDL and if they make the playoffs.
I am guilty of judging too early last season so I understand how the panic sets in.

Thank you for the insight Mrs. Robitaille

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad