Trevor Moore Appreciation Thread

bmr

Jan 23, 2013
After closely observing Trevor Moore's performance this season, I must applaud his exceptional skills. He consistently demonstrates preparedness, anticipates plays with precision, exerts tremendous effort, and capitalizes on the majority of his opportunities. The finesse with which he turns challenging plays into routine showcases his incredible talent. Had he not been sidelined by injury last year, I believe he could have achieved even greater success. In my opinion, he easily ranks among the top three clutch shooters on the team.

Initially, I contemplated whether Moore should have been part of the Winnipeg trade instead of Iafallo, especially considering his standout playoff performance. While both players are effective, I'm relieved that we retained Moore. While Iafallo may excel in a 200-foot game, in all other aspects, I would give the edge to Moore.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Trevor Moore is a golden god

it's pretty clear that his dip last year was injury-related as he looks better than ever right now

To me, he is the identity of this team--tenacious, quick, physical even if not gigantic, enthusiastic and focused, and can play all situations effectively.

Maynard

Veteran of Forum Wars
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2003
Orange County
I didn’t understand what management saw in him. I didn’t like his contract. You saw some speed, tenacity, and occasionally some high skill plays but it was never consistent.

They were patient with him though, and it’s paying off. Bluc and Todd are making me eat a lot of words this year. It’s like my guy Tikkanen used to say, “I guess that’s why I’m just a fan watching on tv”.

Last edited:

FrozenKing18

Goongala! Goongala!
Aug 11, 2009
SoCal
hjqr8mbxg8zb1.png

ru4reals

Jul 4, 2007
I saw this thread and my first thought was, "Holy shit, did the Kings trade Trevor Moore? That's the dumbest thing I've seen the Kings do in quite a while."

Now that I read the opening post, I'm a little calmer.
Came here to say the same exact thing. Lol. WTF did he get traded was my reaction.

Reactions: lumbergh

Telos

In Gavrikov We Must Trust
Aug 16, 2008
Reno, NV
Haha, instantly scared thinking they traded him or something. He's been really solid this year. Hopefully, he stays healthy and keeps it going. His contract is going to turn into one of the biggest steals in the league if he keeps it up and closes out the season as he started.

Sparky206

Nov 13, 2019
This forum will do your head in.

All pre-season it was Moore needs to be traded, can't have him holding a spot over the youth, Another RB failure giving that plug $4mil. Turns out hes a bargain and leads the team in goals.

I'll put it up in the Kings HF HOF with:

- Kempe will never figure it out and needs to be traded.
- Kopitar should of been traded instead of resigned to his 10 mil contract.
- We should never have given up Faber to get Fiala, we lost the trade.
- QB is a bustfield, has hands like rocks, no hockey IQ, Can't skate.
- RB can't build a roster, fire RB/TM.

For those keeping score, thats our top 5 in points....

Schrute farms

LA Kings: new GM wanted -- inquire within
Jul 7, 2020

All pre-season it was Moore needs to be traded, can't have him holding a spot over the youth, Another RB failure giving that plug $4mil. Turns out hes a bargain and leads the team in goals.

Wow, cherry picking comments over years from select posters here to prove your point 20 games into the season. Well done.
If a sports fan board was infallable at all times and without any bad takes at any time, i think the universe would cease to exist. But it's awesome to hear that you have never had a bad take ever as a sports fan. Congratulations Sparky!

How about this guy's bad takes on the Kings:
* Sign Kovi
* Let's hire Stevens as the HC
* Lets hire Willie D as HC
* Cal Peterson is the goalie of the future for the Kings -- sign him to a 3/15 deal.
* Don't draft Stutzle
* Draft Turc over Caulfeld, Zegras, Cozens, Seider, Knight
* We don't need any goalies -- we got Copley
* We don't need any size and toughness on this team -- no need to draft those type of players and bring them into system. Same for LHD, goalies, RH shot wingers
* Let's trade for McEwen
* Screw our 1st & 2nd round picks - lets use them to dump salary and get pending FA that we later decide we don't want (Korpi)
* Lets draft another small, less talented C with our top pick in the 2022 draft.

Just a sampling of the bad takes from this Kings fan (Blake). You can do this with everyone -- even infallible folks like Rob Blake.

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
Wow, cherry picking comments over years from select posters here to prove your point 20 games into the season. Well done.
If a sports fan board was infallable at all times and without any bad takes at any time, i think the universe would cease to exist. But it's awesome to hear that you have never had a bad take ever as a sports fan. Congratulations Sparky!

How about this guy's bad takes on the Kings:
* Sign Kovi
* Let's hire Stevens as the HC
* Lets hire Willie D as HC
* Cal Peterson is the goalie of the future for the Kings -- sign him to a 3/15 deal.
* Don't draft Stutzle
* Draft Turc over Caulfeld, Zegras, Cozens, Seider, Knight
* We don't need any goalies -- we got Copley
* We don't need any size and toughness on this team -- no need to draft those type of players and bring them into system. Same for LHD, goalies, RH shot wingers
* Let's trade for McEwen
* Screw our 1st & 2nd round picks - lets use them to dump salary and get pending FA that we later decide we don't want (Korpi)
* Lets draft another small, less talented C with our top pick in the 2022 draft.

Just a sampling of the bad takes from this Kings fan (Blake). You can do this with everyone -- even infallible folks like Rob Blake.
Not gonna lie though. It's vindicating after defending Moore the past couple seasons when people were complaining about his contract even through this year's training camp.

SettlementRichie10

May 6, 2012

Right up there with:

- Aki Berg is the next Paul Coffey
- Lehtonen will be an all star
- Scott Parse has 1st line upside
- Bogosian is a better pick than Doughty

Reactions: Ghetty Green

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad