Confirmed Signing with Link: Trevor Daley signs with Florida Everblades (ECHL)

BWJM

Sponsor
Mar 16, 2011
Played 1000 NHL games retired for a year or so then signed in the ECHL. I wonder if it will feel like beer league. :laugh:

Maybe he can drop the mitts with Jeremy Lebowski.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
I don’t know why this wouldn’t be as prep for the Olympics. Why would Daley care about an ECHL team’s injuries?

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
I don’t know why this wouldn’t be as prep for the Olympics. Why would Daley care about an ECHL team’s injuries?

It'd be easier to understand that angle if he were signing with Wheeling, you know, the ECHL affiliate of the team he works for...but Nashville's ECHL affiliate? This just seems incredibly random on the surface :laugh:

edit: from @Randy Butternubs on the Pens board:
Pittsburgh Steelers, Penguins, Pirates News, Live Coverage | DK Pittsburgh Sports
Per a Penguins team spokesperson, Daley remains employed in his role as a hockey operations advisor with the Penguins. His stint in Florida is believed to just be a tryout contract, and that he'll only play a game or two for the Everblades, who were looking for help because the roster is affected by COVID issues.

Last edited:

The Red Line

Oct 11, 2010
Maybe everyone's classier than me, but if I were a lower-end NHL caliber player, it would be a hell of a lot of fun to go play in a lesser league and tear it up.

I loved hearing the stories during the lockout like when Drew Miller played in some Scottish league and set scoring records and became a local folk hero for a brief time.

Good for Daley for still playing.

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
This isn't for the Olympics, the Everblades are just getting smashed with injuries/COVID right now and they need bodies. He's still employed by the Penguins and will probably only play a handful of games there.

Edit: fixed the name
This which is why Laval (Habs AHL team) signed Smith-Pelley to a PTO, they just need bodies.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
He must still love the game,I mean its a long way back to the NHL and likely isnt going to happen for him..But if he is happy then good for him

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad