Trenton Devils Franchise?

Sidly

Sep 2, 2014
Harleysville, PA
They were the Titans a Flyers affiliate. They then sold to the Devils and changed names. Lost a lot of fans, the area is mostly Flyers fans. Sold back to the Flyers, but the damage was done and fans didn't come back. They then folded.

trentondevil

Jan 15, 2007
They were the Titans a Flyers affiliate. They then sold to the Devils and changed names. Lost a lot of fans, the area is mostly Flyers fans. Sold back to the Flyers, but the damage was done and fans didn't come back. They then folded.

The team was never sold to the Flyers, The Martinsons restored the Titans name and again affiliated with the Flyers. The Martinsons then sold to the group headed by GM Rich Lisk. The team also had an agreement with the Devils as a minor affiliation, so they had both Flyer and Devil players. It was this group led by Lisk that destroyed the franchise, didnt pay bills and were sued by the arena,Flyers,Devils, the coach Vince Williams and season ticket holders and others. They of course filed bankruptcy. The team was closed and terminated by the ECHL.

Although the Devils did them no favors regarding attendance the attendance had been going down for some years, though the last time they made the playoffs was as the Trenton Devils and they lost to Elmira in 7 games with the first game going 4 ots

Nightsquad

Jan 25, 2014
The reason I asked what happened to the franchise and if the Devils still own it is because Albany area newspapers report absolutely no confirmed news regarding the Devils and Albany renewing their agreement. In typical Devils fashion they see so sense of urgency to discuss the matter. Are they (Devils) using the AHL upheaval to their advantage behind the scenes? Whats the possibility the Devils could land their AHL team in formal ECHL Trenton or even Atlantic City?

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
The reason I asked what happened to the franchise and if the Devils still own it is because Albany area newspapers report absolutely no confirmed news regarding the Devils and Albany renewing their agreement. In typical Devils fashion they see so sense of urgency to discuss the matter. Are they (Devils) using the AHL upheaval to their advantage behind the scenes? Whats the possibility the Devils could land their AHL team in formal ECHL Trenton or even Atlantic City?

once a team is terminated, it doesn't exist, Nightsquad, add to that isn't there a lease outstanding between the Devils and TUC. ECHL holds the rights to a terminated market for 5 years

Sports Enthusiast

Not Here To Be Liked
Sep 19, 2010
Middle of nowhere
You can blame the Devils but the product did no favors. The ECHL the Titans came into wasn't the ECHL they died in. The product has gotten worse contrary to the belief of the suits.

CJNewman

Feb 1, 2014
once a team is terminated, it doesn't exist, Nightsquad, add to that isn't there a lease outstanding between the Devils and TUC. ECHL holds the rights to a terminated market for 5 years

So by your theory the NHL won't be able to expand to Las Vegas for another 4 years.

CJNewman

Feb 1, 2014
Your exact words were the ECHL holds the rights to a terminated market for 5 years and the Las Vegas ECHL team was just terminated last year. So according to you the NHL can't expand there for 4 more years because the ECHL still controls it right. in all honesty we all are wrong sometimes, but you refuse to acknowledge it.

Nightsquad

Jan 25, 2014

I know about termination, if you read my post thats what I wanted to know. Was it disbanded (folded/terminated), franchise sold, or actually dormant (existing)?? As far as the Devils & Albany contract goes currently is expired. Expired after this season ended. It was initially a three year deal with the option for two year renewal. That five years ended this season. The arena says negotiations are ongoing, yet the Albany NY area media says the Devils organization wont confirm anything, and right now it is not a priority. Yet the local arena GM says an agreement has been verbally reached but the formality of a signed agreement has not been achieved, hmmm???

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
I know about termination, if you read my post thats what I wanted to know. Was it disbanded (folded/terminated), franchise sold, or actually dormant (existing)?? As far as the Devils & Albany contract goes currently is expired. Expired after this season ended. It was initially a three year deal with the option for two year renewal. That five years ended this season. The arena says negotiations are ongoing, yet the Albany NY area media says the Devils organization wont confirm anything, and right now it is not a priority. Yet the local arena GM says an agreement has been verbally reached but the formality of a signed agreement has not been achieved, hmmm???

TRENTON NO longer exists and hasn't in any sense of form since 2013-14, and the membership was terminated over a year ago and is listed as defunct on Wikipedia.

It has nothing to do w/ the Albany contract/PDC....

Nightsquad

Jan 25, 2014
TRENTON NO longer exists and hasn't in any sense of form since 2013-14, and the membership was terminated over a year ago and is listed as defunct on Wikipedia.

It has nothing to do w/ the Albany contract/PDC....

I never said the Trenton ECHL franchise had anything to do with the Albany contract. I was informing you on the Devils and Albany situation. You said Albany and the Devils have a contract, I was telling you it is expired. The Devils are saying its not their priority right now signing anything, and the Albany Civic Center is asserting they have a verbal agreement in place. People I know up that way say right now things are up in the air. The Devils want just a year extension while the Albany arena wants a three year deal...more to follow folks

P.S. An exisiting ECHL franchise inquired into Albany very recently about relocation. My source said it was an exisiting ECHL club affiliated with a "regional" Northeast based NHL club, had me scratching my head....hmmmm. My understanding is Albany is pressured to get an answer with the Devils quick. Guess we will know soon enough.

Last edited:

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
I never said the Trenton ECHL franchise had anything to do with the Albany contract. I was informing you on the Devils and Albany situation. You said Albany and the Devils have a contract, I was telling you it is expired. The Devils are saying its not their priority right now signing anything, and the Albany Civic Center is asserting they have a verbal agreement in place. People I know up that way say right now things are up in the air. The Devils want just a year extension while the Albany arena wants a three year deal...more to follow folks

P.S. An exisiting ECHL franchise inquired into Albany very recently about relocation. My source said it was an exisiting ECHL club affiliated with a "regional" Northeast based NHL club, had me scratching my head....hmmmm. My understanding is Albany is pressured to get an answer with the Devils quick. Guess we will know soon enough.

you forget, Portland was a target back in 2009, once the Rats became the Checkers, and add in the Lowell issue, Nightsquad, the reason you're not seeing anything in regards to an extension is that it may not be signed a verbal agreement means unless our league is informed otherwise, there will likely be no change.

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
Your exact words were the ECHL holds the rights to a terminated market for 5 years and the Las Vegas ECHL team was just terminated last year. So according to you the NHL can't expand there for 4 more years because the ECHL still controls it right. in all honesty we all are wrong sometimes, but you refuse to acknowledge it.

different issue, the ECHL can choose to do that, and did while waiting for the Wranglers issues to be resolved. any owner can enter the market and Foley has.... the Wranglers were suspended and now are technically gone.

b) how is Trenton's flip as already explained by trentondevil in this thread has told you, the Devils owned franchise was terminated much the same way the Titans rebirth and ending, under the league's bylaws, much the same way as all leagues award franchises, in Trenton's case.

Last edited:

Nightsquad

Jan 25, 2014

He always refuses to admit when he is wrong or misinformed lol. Get very argumentive or personal...lol

Nightsquad

Jan 25, 2014
it's well documented, including your well-known rants about Albany & Union College in a pro league thread, Nightsquad, which are getting tiresome

Glad its well documented lol, there is a strong direct connection with the local college hockey impacting Albany (there is the pro league relation). Besides thats an old debate, we have moved, or should I say I have, you have not. Can we move on now????? Lets talk about the new ECHL schedules out for Adirondack and Norfolk :)

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
Glad its well documented lol, there is a strong direct connection with the local college hockey impacting Albany (there is the pro league relation). Besides thats an old debate, we have moved, or should I say I have, you have not. Can we move on now????? Lets talk about the new ECHL schedules out for Adirondack and Norfolk :)

no you haven't because you constantly keep bringing it up.

I don't discuss the ECHL on any former markets within our league, I still haven't gotten why is Union College or since when are they a professional franchise:shakehead

RowdyFan42

Apr 22, 2015
Albany(-ish)
The Devils want just a year extension while the Albany arena wants a three year deal...more to follow folks

Bob Belber (the GM of the TU Center) might do well to give the Devils what they want here. If, as the rumors say, the Rangers could be on the move out of Hartford next season, then I say Albany should look to get in on that action, even if that means Albany ends up having to settle for the ECHL.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $25.00