Signing(s): Trent Brown with the Raiders (4 years, $66 million)

SouthGeorge

May 2, 2018
AB is real quiet on social media today.. Why hasn't he congratulated his new teammate? Not even a week and somebody already got a bigger contract than him LOL

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA

I don't understand how he's the #32 tackle even though I think this is an overpayment. That seems like their grading system might be broken.

The NE OL gave up 21 sacks with Brown on the blind side, 3rd best in the league. Brady was kept very clean all season. They were also 5th in rushing yards, although if you bring it back to YPA, they were 20th.

Personally I think this is a bad deal because he's too big and will probably get too fat.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
I don't understand how he's the #32 tackle even though I think this is an overpayment. That seems like their grading system might be broken.

The NE OL gave up 21 sacks with Brown on the blind side, 3rd best in the league. Brady was kept very clean all season. They were also 5th in rushing yards, although if you bring it back to YPA, they were 20th.

Personally I think this is a bad deal because he's too big and will probably get too fat.

Apparently it's the pressures and hits more so than just the sacks.....

It's an overpayment but I thought he was mostly fine when I watched the Pats. However, going from the best OL coach in the NFL to arguably the worst probably doesn't help this deal. We also saw just last year with Solder how much better the Pats can make an OT look compared to his actual ability.

Sep 19, 2008
Raiders making moves. I wouldn't be surprised to see them back rather quickly. Mayock is a competent individual.

Hockeyholic

Apr 20, 2017
Condo My Dad Bought Me
Raiders making moves. I wouldn't be surprised to see them back rather quickly. Mayock is a competent individual.

Carr is the third best QB in the division. They aren't even close to competing.

And Brown played well in New England. But Brady has always gotten the ball out quick. He makes OL look better than they are. Carr doesn't have that capability.

DaaaaB's

Apr 24, 2004
Carr is the third best QB in the division. They aren't even close to competing.

And Brown played well in New England. But Brady has always gotten the ball out quick. He makes OL look better than they are. Carr doesn't have that capability.
What does Mahomes and Rivers being awesome QB's have to do with the Raiders being close to competing?

Do you think that only two teams in a division can be competitive?

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
But Brady has always gotten the ball out quick. He makes OL look better than they are. Carr doesn't have that capability.

That's what Carr does too and it sucks to be honest. That's why I don't understand why they would sign another high paid OT. That being said, near the end of last season when Carr started playing better, he was also holding onto the ball longer. For a while he was first or second in the league in release time.

Hockeyholic

Apr 20, 2017
Condo My Dad Bought Me
What does Mahomes and Rivers being awesome QB's have to do with the Raiders being close to competing?

Do you think that only two teams in a division can be competitive?

Umm...if you don't understand how Mahomes & Rivers being better QB's than Carr affect the Raiders chances of competing...I don't know what to tell you.

Seriously...

DaaaaB's

Apr 24, 2004
Umm...if you don't understand how Mahomes & Rivers being better QB's than Carr affect the Raiders chances of competing...I don't know what to tell you.

Seriously...
No, it's sad that I have to explain to you that more than two teams can be competitive in a division....like really sad lol. Hell, they nearly beat the Chiefs last year with a team that had way less talent than this year's will.

There's also more to football than QB's. Funny how the Chargers have had years where they weren't competitive even tho Rivers was their QB.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad