News Article: Trebek Passes :(

BoardsofCanada

Aug 26, 2009
G.T.A.
I'm sad. But he lived a great life. I'll take Who was the greatest trivia game host of all time for a 1000?

episode-20-air-date-05182002-pictured-will-ferrell-as-alex-trebek-and-picture-id138254020

Last edited:

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Grew up watching this man. I admired trivia and mind exercises because of him and this show. In many ways impacted me as an aspiring academic. Deeply saddened.

TheDebater

Peace be upon you
Mar 10, 2016
Ottawa
Very sad to hear that, he was such a likeable person I cannot think of anyone who ever had anything negative to say about him. He also still looked very good/healthy, all things considered as I have seen people who were battling cancer and you can really tell they were/are sick. He was getting up there in age though and his time had come as it does for all of us eventually.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
...damn. RIP to Alex.

This hits hard. He's been a part of our tv family for decades. He was an amazing person the kind of guy you'd want as an uncle.

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
So sad, and he lasted so long with Stage 4 of one of the cruelest cancers. For Alex to have recorded up to October 29, clearly there was a complication. Considering my father died of pancreatic cancer, I am going to make an educated guess that there was a stroke, or a multitude of them. The blood coagulates and this does tremendous damage , not only to the blood flow, but also all the tubes that go from the pancreas to the liver. There are so many complications and he passed at the same age of my father, diagnosed same age, and lasted just about the same , which are on the extreme end of a terminal diagnosis. RIP to a great man

Reactions: variable26

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad