Tre, What a Beauty

OvermanKingGainer

#BennettFreed #CurseofTheSpulll #FreeOliver
Feb 3, 2015
2022 Cup to Calgary
Regarding Peters, I’ll never forget when Gully said that last season the Canes were the best team in the league at preventing you from entering the zone. And my eyes backed that up when I watched them, they just completely clogged up the neutral zone to prevent you from gaining zone entry. Now this team has a ton of weapons to transition to offence if we can do the same. I’m so pumped for this season.

I think I remember that as well. The Canes blew us out in the dome that game IIRC.

That said a lot of that had to do with their roster, and we have some weak neutral zone players on ours (Hamonic at times, Stone, Monahan). If we could move Bennett to C instead of Monahan and ship Stone off, that would be huge.

Reactions: Johnny Hoxville

SKRusty

Napalm
Jan 20, 2016
I think I remember that as well. The Canes blew us out in the dome that game IIRC.

That said a lot of that had to do with their roster, and we have some weak neutral zone players on ours (Hamonic at times, Stone, Monahan). If we could move Bennett to C instead of Monahan and ship Stone off, that would be huge.

BENNETT is not a center thus far in the NHL. Tried for 3 years.

The best success Bennett has had was on the left wing with Backlund. The kid needs success at the NHL level before any further attempts are made.

Monahan is the ONLY #1 center Calgary has.

Aug 3, 2010

What a novel suggestion. Never heard it before.

Reactions: Flames Fanatic

The Gnome

May 17, 2010
Calgary
BENNETT is not a center thus far in the NHL. Tried for 3 years.

The best success Bennett has had was on the left wing with Backlund. The kid needs success at the NHL level before any further attempts are made.

Monahan is the ONLY #1 center Calgary has.

You're headed down a rabbit hole...prepare.

Reactions: SKRusty

SKRusty

Napalm
Jan 20, 2016
Tre put a nail in the Bennett at Center coffin with the moves he made. Monahan, Backlund, Jankowski, Lindholm, Ryan, and maybe Czarnik are all organizationally higher on the Center depth chart than Sam. All of the above players have outperformed Sam at center. Unless he turns into the second coming of Christ there is no way he will play center.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad