Travis Zajac 2nd Career Hat Trick

thrillhous

Jan 5, 2006
Serious question for Devils fans, why do you think he struggled so much in the last few seasons?

Weast

May 16, 2011
Serious question for Devils fans, why do you think he struggled so much in the last few seasons?

Not a Devils fan, but I think that Zajac is the perfect complimentary player, so when he got to play with drivers like Parise and Kovy he excelled because he complimented them so well. He just hasn't gotten to play with much quality recently

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND

A lot of it was simply losing Parise. He was the perfect winger for Zajac because he was a demon on the boards and cycle, which compliments Zajac's strengths perfectly (Zajac was also very good with Jagr for similar reasons). They had ridiculous chemistry that probably drove both their point totals higher than normal.

Zajac has probably always been a 40-50 point player, but lost that guy who helped him get 60 points. Plus the team as a whole has been abysmal offensively in recent years.

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005

He really only had one down year where the entire team was struggling offensively and he was coming off an injury (if I recall properly).

All other seasons he's scored at a solid 45+ point pace playing in a defensive role on a defensive team.

Kurt Cobain

Mar 30, 2004
This is what happens when he gets to play with talented players in Palmieri and Cammalleri. While there also being a second line that's has talent and a threw offensively. That was he best game I've seen him play in years the man was all over the place and could of ended up 4 goals easily, his second goal was a beautiful turn around goal. Very underrated player who has lost a tremendous amount of points playing for an inept offensive team over the last 6 season period when the Devils offense fell off a cliff and his sacrificing points by his two way play as a defensive center. If Zajac would have ended up on a different franchise that was just average offensively over the course of his career, he would of been perennial 50 point player with a couple 60 point years. People say he lost Parise but in my opinion the Devils just turned into the worst offensive team in the league and that explains his offensive struggle more than anything. We've been in the bottom four when it comes to GF since 2010-2011, besides one year. The one season he doesn't play.

The Devils GF:
2011 - dead last
2012 -12th but he misses 67 games
2013 - 2nd to last
2014 - 4th to last
2015 - 3rd to last
2016 - dead last

His point total has always been tied to the relative scoring of the team besides that terrible 25 point season. More than anything he's a victim of circumstance in 07 we were 25th in scoring and in 08 we were 26th. When you really analyze his career you realize how underrated of a player he is and when you watch him every game you really appreciate him, which is why we Devils fans don't mind his cap hit. We're becoming a better offensive team and his PPG will improve accordingly. While his defensive play will once again get better recognition as his offensive output rises which is rediculous in my opinion. Guys gotten the ****** end of the stick over the good part of his career. So when the troll ranger fans makes fun of the fact he only has two hat tricks it's surprising he even has one.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad