Confirmed with Link: Travis Sanheim Signs Eight Year Extension ($6.25AAV)

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
I don't think he's said a bad word about any player on the team. He's definitely the kind of person who hates losing and losing for years now has probably made him miserable. I think he and Giroux are very similar in that regard.

Not holding yourself accountable is a bad look to his teammates though...trust me. I've played on teams with guys like that and it gets old fast and you lose respect for them.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tripod

TCTC

Mar 25, 2013
Not holding yourself accountable is a bad look to his teammates though...trust me. I've played on teams with guys like that and it get sold fast and you lose respect for them.
But we don't know how he is in the locker room behind closed doors. If he really does act arrogant and selfish in the locker room, then I agree with you and then he will become a problem. But we don't know that. I won't hold it against him that he didn't criticize himself during a press conference at the end of the season. What difference would that have made anyway? Criticizing your teammates in public is a no-no for me, but I don't think any player on the team has done that so far.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
We have to pray like a motherf***er that the next GM is the one who trades Provorov.

maxresdefault.jpg

Lindberg

Bennyflyers16 get a life
Oct 5, 2013
It’s not “can’t”. They could absolutely trade him if they wanted to.

He has value.

Didn't some talking head essentially say "the Flyers tried to give him away?"

It's likely the NTC he has killed a good chunk of value. Chuck Fletcher did everything he could to screw up the Flyers before he left.

Reactions: EdmFlyersfan

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
Jets fan here wondering if he plays the right side at all.
If he has, how did he play there?

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
If Sanheim gained 20 lbs and took boxing lessons, he'd be in demand. ;)

It is surprising how highly physical 3rd pair D-men have been valued in FA this summer.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
If Sanheim gained 20 lbs and took boxing lessons, he'd be in demand. ;)

It is surprising how highly physical 3rd pair D-men have been valued in FA this summer.

They aren't valued for being physical. They're valued for being good. It isn't 2003.

Nor are they 3rd pairing caliber players, that's nonsense you've invented because you're trying to shoehorn them into your Fletcherian role stereotype.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad