Proposal: Travis Konecny to the Redwings

Status
Not open for further replies.

bringbacktheskate604

Jul 20, 2022
We'll also send you Steve Yzerman, since he would get fired right after this trade.

In what world is a 61 point second line winger worth the equivalent of three first round picks?

People need to stop drinking before posting trade ideas.
Flyers fans really seem to overate him. He's a fine player but I did a deep dive on him and Boeser in the summer after noticing how one guy was looked upon fondly and the other was considered a cap dump.
Same age, same contract but despite the general consensus, Brock has had a better overall career, except health wise.

Like I'm not even a big prospect type guy and a non lottery 1st seldom become stars and neither Marco or ASP are far from locks but man this is too much for a guy that isn't a star.

What am I missing about Travis that makes people :eek::eek::eek::eek: their pants because this isn't the first time I've seen a proposal where the value lines up more with someone with much better counting stats?
He's not a selke level forward, he's not so young where you expect a massive spurt of projection and how is he the missing piece on a good offensive team that struggles defensively?

• Haha
Reactions: FlyguyOX

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
Sorry, Detroit is already plum full of undersized 60 point wingers.

Philly had a better roster than Detroit for most of the last 5 seasons and Konecny didn't win them a cup.

If Detroit is trading Kasper, ASP, and a first, the name coming back had better be listed for one of the trophies at the NHL awards in June.
Dyde Kasper value is lower than where he was drafted. He isnt an A prospect anymore with a poor year production wise in the AHL

Your 1st isnt in the top 10 as of now

Pelinka is a good B+ prospect who is trending up.

Those three pieces wouldnt be enough for Dylan larkin in a fantasy trade

They would never get back Mcdavid/Drai/Makc/kuch/Matthews/Hughes/Pasta etc level player

1 of ASP/Kasper + 2024 1st + 2024 2nd for Konecny@50% is fair value

Konecny is a 65-70 pt player playing with little support. He is similar player to Debrincat in impact and is worth a B+ prospect + 1st and then a 2ne for 50% retention

Reactions: Wattsburgh

FlyguyOX

Jun 29, 2018
No from Philly. If it were Danielson instead of Kasper I do it

1 of Kasper/Sandin + 2024 1st + 2024 2nd should be the cost for TK
Sure if he were a rental on expiring contract. He has another bargain year. No.

bringbacktheskate604

Jul 20, 2022
First of all, the Flyers are within a much needed and long overdue rebuild phase. Travis Konecny is a 26 year old power forward who hasn't reached the peak of his career. He is the type of player most teams would trade 1st rounders to acquire when going through a rebuilding phase. Travis also loves playing in Philly, his children are being raised there, and TK is a tremendous fan favourite.
There is no way in this solar system that Danny Briere and Keith Jones would seek to trade a player they can build around.
Travis Konecny will not be traded, at least I hope he is not traded.
Sure he's worth a 1st but he's not a PF and he's not a player you build a team around. Like I mentioned in the previous post, despite perception Boeser, same age, contract etc has better career numbers offensively and neither have great defensive numbers. What has he done in his career to elevate him to the standard and value that makes Flyer fans so Gaga over him?

To me he appears to be a fine 2nd line forward who isn't ever gonna be a ppg or a 30+ goal scorer.
That's great that he's a fan favorite and maybe that explains the crazy value you guys put on him because nothing about his career numbers, points to star status. At 26 he's still young and has many good seasons ahead of him but 26 is definitely peak age and unless injury's or usage has held back production, what makes you think his numbers will dramatically increase?
As a nuck fan I can say Brock has been held back by injury so I'm not surprised to see him having a big production jump, just like I wasn't surprised to see JT flourish at 25 when he came to Vancouver and given top 6 minutes. Hasn't Travis always been given top minutes 5on5 and on the PP?

FlyguyOX

Jun 29, 2018
Sure he's worth a 1st but he's not a PF and he's not a player you build a team around. Like I mentioned in the previous post, despite perception Boeser, same age, contract etc has better career numbers offensively and neither have great defensive numbers. What has he done in his career to elevate him to the standard and value that makes Flyer fans so Gaga over him?

To me he appears to be a fine 2nd line forward who isn't ever gonna be a ppg or a 30+ goal scorer.
That's great that he's a fan favorite and maybe that explains the crazy value you guys put on him because nothing about his career numbers, points to star status. At 26 he's still young and has many good seasons ahead of him but 26 is definitely peak age and unless injury's or usage has held back production, what makes you think his numbers will dramatically increase?
As a nuck fan I can say Brock has been held back by injury so I'm not surprised to see him having a big production jump, just like I wasn't surprised to see JT flourish at 25 when he came to Vancouver and given top 6 minutes. Hasn't Travis always been given top minutes 5on5 and on the PP?
Boeser and Konecny is a laughable comparison.

Boeser is closer to skinner and Konecny is closer to Marchand or Marner in role/skillset/playstyle

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
I don’t know anything about prospects these days, but I’d say TK is worth a 1sts. Hard to imagine 3 1sts of value. He’s a top line wing FYI. If he had an offensive 1C to play with, he could get around 100 pts in 82 games.

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
Dyde Kasper value is lower than where he was drafted. He isnt an A prospect anymore with a poor year production wise in the AHL

They would never get back Mcdavid/Drai/Makc/kuch/Matthews/Hughes/Pasta etc level player

Konecny is a 65-70 pt player playing with little support. He is similar player to Debrincat in impact and is worth a B+ prospect + 1st and then a 2ne for 50% retention
Marco Kasper is a .5 ppg 19 year old AHLer who had a putrid start to the season coming off an injury that took his legs away for the offseason. 12 points in his last 14 games. He has more value than you think.

Clueless.

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
Marco Kasper is a .5 ppg 19 year old AHLer who had a putrid start to the season coming off an injury that took his legs away for the offseason. 12 points in his last 14 games. He has more value than you think.

Clueless.
He is not worth his 8OA spot he was taken

I don’t know anything about prospects these days, but I’d say TK is worth a 1sts. Hard to imagine 3 1sts of value. He’s a top line wing FYI. If he had an offensive 1C to play with, he could get around 100 pts in 82 games.
No he couldnt get 100 pts in 82 thats absurd

He would be a consistent ~80 pt player on a top end team

Him and Larkin together and hed be a ppg or so player

RedHawkDown

still trying to trust the yzerplan
Aug 26, 2011
Canada

We disagree with you. There’s no sense discussing this. ASP is an A+ prospect in most Wings fans eyes and you aren’t going to convince us otherwise. I would not trade him straight up for Konency. We do not need this player.

Reactions: KJoe88

RedHawkDown

Aug 26, 2011
Canada
Boeser and Konecny is a laughable comparison.

Boeser is closer to skinner and Konecny is closer to Marchand or Marner in role/skillset/playstyle
Ridiculous. They are the same age. Boeser has a career .81PPG and Konecny .69. This year Boeser has 10 more points. Thse players are very similar.

• Haha

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
It's funny because two guys here are valued very highly by their fanbases

TK is regarded by some as an 80 point player despite never having done that.

ASP is, by some, guaranteed first pair and Norris contender despite not playing one NHL game.

RedHawkDown

Aug 26, 2011
Canada
It's funny because two guys here are valued very highly by their fanbases

TK is regarded by some as an 80 point player despite never having done that.

ASP is, by some, guaranteed first pair and Norris contender despite not playing one NHL game.
I’d like you to find a single person that said he is guaranteed first pair and Norris contender. I’ll wait.

He has potential to be a first pair level offensive defenseman. We have zero offensive defenseman currently other than Ghost who is a huge black hole defensively. He fits a huge organizational need and we will not trade him for a non-elite winger.

WF19

Nov 18, 2009
ASP is probably Detroit's most highly touted prospect and therefore is untouchable unless it was in a package for a monster or a player.

Reactions: RedHawkDown

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
Neither, let alone both are available for Konecny. Terribad.

He is a 60 pt player tops, he doesn't put us in contender territory at all.
He scored 61 in 60 games last season so he’s not a “60 point player tops”.

ASP is probably Detroit's most highly touted prospect and therefore is untouchable unless it was in a package for a monster or a player.
Every Detroit prospect who has ever lived is untouchable, everyone knows that

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
He is not worth his 8OA spot he was taken

No he couldnt get 100 pts in 82 thats absurd

He would be a consistent ~80 pt player on a top end team

Him and Larkin together and hed be a ppg or so player
Only 1 forward drafted after him has played more than 1 NHL game and that's Poitras, please enlighten me and list all the forwards who had a better d+1 than he did in his 18 yo SHL season.

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
Only 1 forward drafted after him has played more than 1 NHL game and that's Poitras, please enlighten me and list all the forwards who had a better d+1 than he did in his 18 yo SHL season.
Im comparing him to a guy like Nylander in his D+1 and D+2 year

Had great years in SHL and AHL

He was an A+ prospect after that.

Kasper is a tier back of that for me.

B+/A-type prospect.The 22 draft is young and has multiple guys still developing. He needs to up his production to be treated like a A+/A prospect

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago

B+/A-type prospect.The 22 draft is young and has multiple guys still developing. He needs to up his production to be treated like a A+/A prospect
Again he's come on lately and is producing at a great pace now, couple that with his impressive 18 yo pro season and he's fine. You want to act like he lost all his value because of a 10 week stretch of his professional career go ahead. Just fortifies my original position. Clueless.

RedHawkDown

Aug 26, 2011
Canada

They are nothing alike. Nylander does not hit or play strong defense. Kasper is in the mold of Ryan Kesler.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille