Proposal: Travis Konecny to the Redwings

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wattsburgh

Apr 3, 2023
For a Marco Kasper (to replace Cutter), and Axel-Sandin Pellikka (finally giving Philadelphia the leagues best Defense that they have been trying to achieve).

Why I think they do it with their current place in the standings; with the drafting of Michkov I believe they want to build around him and wait. And they have done so in this trade.

Detroit loses prospects but basically just bought a cup in my opinion because he’s the perfect fit for them.

Last edited:

RedHawkDown

still trying to trust the yzerplan
Aug 26, 2011
Canada
For a first, Marco Kasper (to replace Cutter), and Axel-Sandin Pellikka (finally giving Philadelphia the leagues best Defense that they have been trying to achieve).

Why I think they do it with their current place in the standings; with the drafting of Michkov I believe they want to build around him and wait. And they have done so in this trade. Nate Danielson could also be involved.

Detroit loses prospects but basically just bought a cup in my opinion because he’s the perfect fit for them.
I would not even remotely consider this deal fron a Detroit perspective

OgeeOgelthorpe

Baldina
Feb 29, 2020
For a first, Marco Kasper (to replace Cutter), and Axel-Sandin Pellikka (finally giving Philadelphia the leagues best Defense that they have been trying to achieve).

Why I think they do it with their current place in the standings; with the drafting of Michkov I believe they want to build around him and wait. And they have done so in this trade. Nate Danielson could also be involved.

That’s a f*** no from Yzerman.

A top 10 draft pick in Kasper, a top 20 in ASP while having an amazing year, and ANOTHER first? AND you think Danielson may be involved?!

giphy.gif

Reactions: WingsToPick4th

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California

Lmao

Wattsburgh

Apr 3, 2023
Lol sorry I’m used to spending first round picks on the likes of Riley Sheahan, Ryan Reeves, Derrick Brassard’s and Tanner Pearson. While also getting a career AHLer for Jared McCann. And letting the best Goalie in NHL/Pittsburgh history walk.

I won’t drink next time.

But you have to admit what Konecny would bring to this team in Detroit. They’d be a very feisty playoff team to play against.

Play

Time to play the game
Nov 12, 2021
Russia
One of he worst proposals on this site in a long time.
That’s pretty awful for detroit
We'll also send you Steve Yzerman, since he would get fired right after this trade.

In what world is a 61 point second line winger worth the equivalent of three first round picks?

People need to stop drinking before posting trade ideas.
I would not even remotely consider this deal fron a Detroit perspective
It’s not the OP’s fault he’s used to spending 1st round picks for the likes of Riley Sheahan, Ryan Reeves, Derrick Brassard’s and Tanner Pearson.

Wattsburgh

Apr 3, 2023
you can drink, just do it responsibly. Don’t let red wings armchair GM’s ruin your fun.

However, do make an edit in the OP and changed the proposal immediately
Lol I took the first out. I mean what does Detroit want to do? Win with those players (Kasper, ASP) and risk a Dylan Larkin prime or win now? You have to pay to win.

Wattsburgh

Apr 3, 2023
Konecny would look great in a winged wheel.

Obviously not at this proposed price. But would be open to something reasonable.
This is kind of what I’m driving at. Do teams in real life just pass on the opportunity to win a cup (I think Konecny’s first playoff stint with Detroit will be a Jake Guentzel like performance and put him on the official map) just because of not meeting the others team proposal? I mean I’d rather slightly overpay and go for it (if I feel for a player like Konecny and Detroit being a perfect match) and accept apologies after, than just sit back and let prospects dictate my teams.

Holden Caufield

Oct 9, 2020
Ontario
This is kind of what I’m driving at. Do teams in real life just pass on the opportunity to win a cup (I think Konecny’s first playoff stint with Detroit will be a Jake Guentzel like performance and put him on the official map) just because of not meeting the others team proposal? I mean I’d rather slightly overpay and go for it (if I feel for a player like Konecny and Detroit being a perfect match) and accept apologies after, then just sit back and let prospects dictate my teams.
He is not the perfect match. Detroit needs legitimate top 4 defense help if they want to be taken seriously.

If Detroit trades the kind of assets you are talking about… I would expect a top end Defenseman under 30 years old with years of team control.

I just like Konecny as a player. He would do well in Detroit or in most places because of his style of play.

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
For a Marco Kasper (to replace Cutter), and Axel-Sandin Pellikka (finally giving Philadelphia the leagues best Defense that they have been trying to achieve).

Why I think they do it with their current place in the standings; with the drafting of Michkov I believe they want to build around him and wait. And they have done so in this trade.

Neither, let alone both are available for Konecny. Terribad.

Lol sorry I’m used to spending first round picks on the likes of Riley Sheahan, Ryan Reeves, Derrick Brassard’s and Tanner Pearson. While also getting a career AHLer for Jared McCann. And letting the best Goalie in NHL/Pittsburgh history walk.

I won’t drink next time.

But you have to admit what Konecny would bring to this team in Detroit. They’d be a very feisty playoff team to play against.

He is a 60 pt player tops, he doesn't put us in contender territory at all.

Roomba With a Bauer

Sep 11, 2007
This is kind of what I’m driving at. Do teams in real life just pass on the opportunity to win a cup (I think Konecny’s first playoff stint with Detroit will be a Jake Guentzel like performance and put him on the official map) just because of not meeting the others team proposal? I mean I’d rather slightly overpay and go for it (if I feel for a player like Konecny and Detroit being a perfect match) and accept apologies after, than just sit back and let prospects dictate my teams.
Sorry, Detroit is already plum full of undersized 60 point wingers.

Philly had a better roster than Detroit for most of the last 5 seasons and Konecny didn't win them a cup.

If Detroit is trading Kasper, ASP, and a first, the name coming back had better be listed for one of the trophies at the NHL awards in June.

Flyerfan47

Jun 30, 2011
We'll also send you Steve Yzerman, since he would get fired right after this trade.

In what world is a 61 point second line winger worth the equivalent of three first round picks?

People need to stop drinking before posting trade ideas.
second line winger ? lmfao

Axel Sandy Pelikan

Jonatan Berggren is our Lord and Savior,
May 11, 2023

If Travis Konecny buys us a Cup... why hasn't Philly gone anywhere with him?

Terrible. Also, I like the potential of ASP. Obviously... but "finally giving Philadelphia the league's best defense?" Might want to slow your roll on that one. But hey, you're that bonkers about ASP, maybe we can talk trade for something.

RedHawkDown

still trying to trust the yzerplan
Aug 26, 2011
Canada
I would trade something like Berggren, Wallinder, 1st for Konency. Philly most likely says no. There’s not really a deal to be made here. We don’t need players like Konency. We need either elite skill forwards or physically dominating forwards.

Limeyjim

Jan 4, 2017
Newcastle upon Tyne, England
First of all, the Flyers are within a much needed and long overdue rebuild phase. Travis Konecny is a 26 year old power forward who hasn't reached the peak of his career. He is the type of player most teams would trade 1st rounders to acquire when going through a rebuilding phase. Travis also loves playing in Philly, his children are being raised there, and TK is a tremendous fan favourite.
There is no way in this solar system that Danny Briere and Keith Jones would seek to trade a player they can build around.
Travis Konecny will not be traded, at least I hope he is not traded.

blackjackmulligan

Jun 17, 2022
First of all, the Flyers are within a much needed and long overdue rebuild phase. Travis Konecny is a 26 year old power forward who hasn't reached the peak of his career. He is the type of player most teams would trade 1st rounders to acquire when going through a rebuilding phase. Travis also loves playing in Philly, his children are being raised there, and TK is a tremendous fan favourite.
There is no way in this solar system that Danny Briere and Keith Jones would seek to trade a player they can build around.
Travis Konecny will not be traded, at least I hope he is not traded.
He is not a power forward.

Keeping TK and extending him 8 years is a typical Flyers move. They will never learn.

Reactions: Pantokrator
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad