Player Discussion Travis Hamonic

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
He's was playing just as well last year too. He's more noticeable offensively now that the shackles are off on the whole top 6

Dack

Jun 16, 2014
I didn't like this trade when it happened or after his 1st season but Hamonic is playing without a doubt the best hockey of his career, and I couldn't be happier I've been a fan since I saw his story.

Lots of other stuff is going well for the Flames, so we haven’t really talked about Travis Hamonic having a huge bounce back season. Kent Wilson on Twitter

Reactions: Johnny Hoxville

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
Hanifin is starting to get talked about a lot more and deservedly so. It should also be noted however that Hamonic allows him to do a lot of what he does. Hamonic has also been scoring slightly more while being our shutdown stud. What a beauty.

Mr Snrub

I like the way Snrub thinks!
Oct 12, 2016
I'm personally of the opinion that it was still an overpayment, but it can't be denied that he is a good player and never gives less than his all. I might change my mind come the playoffs though, as he's a known performer in the post-season.

Reactions: Calculon

The Gnome

May 17, 2010
Calgary
I'm personally of the opinion that it was still an overpayment, but it can't be denied that he is a good player and never gives less than his all. I might change my mind come the playoffs though, as he's a known performer in the post-season.
I fail to see that trade as a loss. Hamonic is one of the best shutdown guys in the league. Giving up a 1st and 2 2nds for that on a sweetheart contract is well worth it imo. I thought it was an overpay at the time, but after the first half of this season, I couldn't be happier.

Calgareee

Jun 29, 2015
The only thing that would make me like the trade more is if it had been a protected pick. But even as is it’s hard to find to much fault with it.

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
Great guy, but keeping players for heart does you no good in this league. I’m not convinced he is a capable top 4d in the nhl anymore.

OvermanKingGainer

#BennettFreed #CurseofTheSpulll #FreeOliver
Feb 3, 2015
2022 Cup to Calgary
Great guy, but keeping players for heart does you no good in this league. I’m not convinced he is a capable top 4d in the nhl anymore.

Neither am I, but he's probably a perfect #6. Kills penalties, makes mostly smart plays with the puck in the D zone.

Now to just use that pair in that capacity... they're overworked as the 3-4 while Kylingtin-Andersson are underutilized.

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
I've said it before, but Hamonic is worth every draft pick we paid for him.

I'd like to change my opinion. I hate this trade now.

I still love Travis the person though, one of the most genuinely nice and good people in the game, but can you please play on the third line and unleash Hanifin.

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
If I am hamonic's agent I would blame on hanifin for his next contract negotiations. Cause there is nothing in his play that can justify more than 2m as a bottom pairing dman. And I wouldn't even give him more than 3 yrs deal....guy is good for at least a couple massive mistakes every game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad