Travis Green next HC of Senators?

WTG

December 5th
Jan 11, 2015
Pickle Time Deli & Market
I'll just repost what I said when the Devils hired him.

I'm a Canucks fan.

This guy cut corners all the goddamn time. He never played the prospects on the farm; the little AHL success he had is because Markstrom cleared waivers in 2014-15 and carried them to the finals. He doesn't have a system, loves grinders, and doesn't develop players. Canucks media hyped him up as the next prodigy coach because he coached Utica to a final. So national media picked up the storm and branded him as a "good coach." Once the Canadian media has a narrative, it sticks. It's bad.

Because nobody really watches Vancouver play because they were shit under Green, they didn't even realize how shit he is. But he never got called out for it because he had that previous reputation of being a good AHL coach (all because of Markstrom's 0.934).

I hope you guys find a better next coach. You guys don't deserve this.

kanucks25

Chris Tanev #1 Fan
Nov 29, 2013
Surrey, BC
Your edit is exactly my point. We can evaluate past results but using them to authoritatively predict the future is a fools game. The players are different, his bosses will be different, his staff will be different… maybe just maybe his approach and/or results will be, too.

Sure, but it makes sense to be a lot more optimistic about a hire that has had success in the past vs being terrible in the past.

There are some examples like Cassidy, Vigneault, Sullivan, etc. where the guy flops at his first job but has great success years later.

But there a lot more examples of a bad coach continuing to be a bad coach for the remainder of his career and never doing anything before eventually being out of consideration for any job openings.

Either way, we'll see.

Reactions: vanuck

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
As a Canuck fan for whom the Senators are my 2nd or 3rd favourite team, this sucks.

Absolutely awful coach. Kills any young player he comes in contact with, and after watching him for 10 years between Utica/Vancouver I still have zero idea what kind of system he was trying to play other than hope his goalie stole games.

Worst choice possible.

Reactions: vanuck

BelovedIsles

Oct 22, 2005
I’ve read a lot of posts about Travis Green, I don’t think I’ve read *one that was endearing to him. He’s absolutely hated on HF.

I liked him, he was dynamic with Palffy.

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.PIERRE★
Jul 26, 2005
Travis Green truly is Nostradamus.

He told the Sens bench 20 years ago exactly where we would end up:

wunderpanda

Apr 9, 2012
I'll just repost what I said when the Devils hired him.

I'm a Canucks fan.

This guy cut corners all the goddamn time. He never played the prospects on the farm; the little AHL success he had is because Markstrom cleared waivers in 2014-15 and carried them to the finals. He doesn't have a system, loves grinders, and doesn't develop players. Canucks media hyped him up as the next prodigy coach because he coached Utica to a final. So national media picked up the storm and branded him as a "good coach." Once the Canadian media has a narrative, it sticks. It's bad.

Because nobody really watches Vancouver play because they were shit under Green, they didn't even realize how shit he is. But he never got called out for it because he had that previous reputation of being a good AHL coach (all because of Markstrom's 0.934).

I hope you guys find a better next coach. You guys don't deserve this.
sens could trade for markstrom

Pierre from Orleans

May 9, 2007
Us sens fans right now

kid-saying-f***.gif

Grub

First Line Troll
Jun 30, 2008
B.C
Travis Green as head coach, Jim Benning and Wesbrod as GM and AGM. The D team is back.

Travis Green is a trash head coach.

Reactions: I am toxic

Divine

Dec 18, 2010
He’s won as many playoff series as the Leafs’ core.

You’re right, it’s disappointing to say the least.

Well I hope he can bring that winning formula to Ottawa

I’m glad the new ownership was able to splurge on that best in-class coach they were talking about

SweSensFan

Feb 15, 2019
List of coaches that are or could become available I would have prefered over Greene:

Berube
Evason
McLellan
Quenneville
Keefe
Sullivan
Gallant
+ Pretty much any up and coming coach that has been succesful in minor leagues or overseas.

List of coaches I would have been more dissapointed to hear announced as next HC for Ottawa:

Babcock

With that said. I have been wrong before and will give him a chance to prove me wrong. If he fails it may be time for a new head coach AND a new GM very soon again!

nucksflailtogether

Oct 15, 2017
As a Canucks fan this guy is the most vanilla, sour dude. Sens are my second favourite team so I hope it works out better than lots of us are thinking.

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
Leafs fans can hate on the Sens as much as they want and wish them to be bad forever, but I actually want them to be good. Leafs and Ottawa rivalry when both teams are good is great. I’d love to see another playoff series between Toronto and Ottawa sometime soon.

Reactions: Golden_Jet

Craig Ludwig

Jun 16, 2005
Oh Sens....You are such a terribly run organization. Craig Berube was there for the taking, he worked miracles for an underachieving Blues team (eerily similar to the Sens), and you go and hire Jacques Martin and now Travis Green....The Sens are just completely hopeless, and wasting away a roster full of talent.

Reactions: Kimota

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad