Confirmed with Link: Travis Green named new head coach

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
This whole back & forth started with me responding to your post in which you stated we should draft a forward, and I replied that a RD was the greater need. Somehow we have ended up on a tangent per your above post. I’m glad you agree that a defender that can both move the puck and defend would be better. If you want to draft a forward and think its better, then fine. You are entitled to your opinion. I’ll leave it that because I’m finding this back & forth with you a little too flakey for my tastes.

That’s so kind of you, thanks for your feedback, you’re are a great conversationalist, you must do well in the Costco line

Senovision

May 23, 2011
I wonder if Rod Brindamour could become available....after 13 seasons in coaching as an assistant coach and head coach in Carolina, maybe he will need a change of scenery...a fresh start.
He is an Ottawa boy...well at least born in Ottawa.
Staios should have waited and thrown 4 sheets ( $4 million a season) his way and attempted to get Brindamour instead of Mr. Green Jeans.

Last edited:
Reactions: bicboi64

bicboi64

Aug 13, 2020
Brampton
I wonder if Rod Brindamour could become available....after 13 seasons in coaching as an assistant coach and head coach in Carolina, maybe he will need a change of scenery...a fresh start.
Staios should have waited and thrown 4 sheets ( $4 million a season) his way and attempted to get Brindamour instead of Mr. Green Jeans.
Really wish management had shown a bit more patience. Imagine Rod the Bod training Stutzle, the dude would become absolutely jacked and Tkachuk would become so strong he'd break the plexiglass with his hits.

Reactions: Nac Mac Feegle

BigRig4

Feb 22, 2014
If money became an issue in talking with Berube then we wouldn't have even been close on RBA.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Really wish management had shown a bit more patience. Imagine Rod the Bod training Stutzle, the dude would become absolutely jacked and Tkachuk would become so strong he'd break the plexiglass with his hits.
I mean, we can hire professional physical trainers if that's all you're worried about, they probably already have some...

bicboi64

Aug 13, 2020
Brampton
I mean, we can hire professional physical trainers if that's all you're worried about, they probably already have some...
Yeah but would they be as cool as this

Rod the Bod.PNG

Loach

Jun 9, 2021
Did anyone hear that we gave Green 4 years because LA and NJ wanted him too?

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Did anyone hear that we gave Green 4 years because LA and NJ wanted him too?
I heard there were other teams interested. Why wouldn't they be. The people that do the hiring there do not have access to Hockeydb to form their opinions.

Green reporting for duty

@Micklebot please fix the rendering of tweets so they show up or tell me how to do it. It used to be swap x. with twitter. and it worked. not any more

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Butchy Dakkar

Loach

Jun 9, 2021
I heard there were other teams interested. Why wouldn't they be. The people that do the hiring there do not have access to Hockeydb to form their opinions.

twitter.com/Senators/status/1791552014138445876
I just read it on SilverSevenSens. Hadn't seen any thing before. Does that change things, this new information? Did we outbid other teams or did we overpay?

ACLEVERNAME

schadenfreude
Jan 6, 2010

Nice little video. I've settled into the 'Travis Green' hiring. Of course results are all that matters in the end but I wish him all the best and hope he takes us there eventually.

Also, that Dave 'Pouly' Poulin introduction and handshake @2:00 has some strong 'Pierre' vibes to it. Hope he gets more behind-the-scenes spots eventually. I miss Dorion so bad for that

Leafs get Berube
Babcock 2.0

He'll ask Knies if Marner's working hard enough and we'll go full circle

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
First impressions:

1. He's holding his coffee cup in the same hand as his workbag, which indicates a creative approach towards problem solving, balancing different needs to the benefit of the entire whole.

2. He puts the bag down before engaging with the players to ensure good handshaking posture, showing that he has the capacity to plan two or three steps ahead, which indicates the ability to soundly out-think his opposing number behind the opposition's bench.

3. He's comfortable with the cup in either hand, indicating that he has no real preference for left or right side talent. He's willing to extend either side the benefit of the doubt when it comes to drafting strategies for the team.

4. He wears a tie, but it's not knotted too tightly, indicating that he wishes to convey respect but is not slavishly devoted to convention and the appearance of doing the right thing at the expense of expediency.

5. Following his coffee, he clearly has a San Pellegrino in his hand later in the video, showing that he's cognizant of the dehydrating effects of coffee and a clear inference that he takes good health and fitness seriously for the team.

6. His use of a notepad in place of loose paper or cards shows an organized willingness to learn, adding additional information to his remarks as opposed to simply bringing his speech in completed form with no room for comments, additions or feedback. It's a clear sign of the fact that believes in the concept of continuous education and learning.

Last edited:

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010

Green reporting for duty

@Micklebot please fix the rendering of tweets so they show up or tell me how to do it. It used to be swap x. with twitter. and it worked. not any more

To get it to work, click the 3 dots highlighted below to bring up the highlighted "insert media" button. A pop up window will prompt you to paste in the URL, I think you need to swap out x for Twitter manually, otherwise it comes up with an error but if you do that it should work.

1715977557826.png

Reactions: Sens of Anarchy

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
To get it to work, click the 3 dots highlighted below to bring up the highlighted "insert media" button. A pop up window will prompt you to paste in the URL, I think you need to swap out x for Twitter manually, otherwise it comes up with an error but if you do that it should work.

View attachment 872407
thanks I will give that method a try next time.

Also before you copy the link...click on it get the Https to show up , then change x for twitter and copy the whole url including the https and it works.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
They don't have a choice at this point.

We're a lot like the Leafs but without any playoff appearances to show for it.

Long-term contracts without results, concerns that players run the dressing room.

Interesting that we both went after taskmaster coaches who may or may not have limited shelf lives.

DylanSensFan

BEESHIP: NBH
Aug 3, 2010
Calgary
They don't have a choice at this point.

We're a lot like the Leafs but without any playoff appearances to show for it.

Long-term contracts without results, concerns that players run the dressing room.

Interesting that we both went after taskmaster coaches who may or may not have limited shelf lives.
Do you know you joined these boards on my birthday? I hadn't noticed that until now.

Reactions: NyQuil

Senscore

Let's keep it cold
Nov 19, 2012
Leafs getting Berube is basically Babcock 2.

Not sure what he's gonna do that others didn't.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad