Value of: Travis Dermott

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
So Travis Dermott is now in his 3rd full NHL year and I'm finding keefe simply has no interest utilizing him heavily despite him having many desirable features that could make him a good complimentary 2nd pairing guy.

Some trade offers I have in mind and was wondering what

To Pens : Travis Dermott + Jimmy Vesey + 2021 2nd rounder

To leafs : Bryan Rust@50%

Only issue would be 2 week quarantine both sides would have to wait on

Trade 2

To jets : Travis Dermott

To leafs : Jack Roslovic RFA rights

Jets get a guy they can rely on more and pair in their top 4 who has experience and a skillset that could work with a guy like Heinola

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
So Travis Dermott is now in his 3rd full NHL year and I'm finding keefe simply has no interest utilizing him heavily despite him having many desirable features that could make him a good complimentary 2nd pairing guy.

Trade 2

Jets get a guy they can rely on more and pair in their top 4 who has experience and a skillset that could work with a guy like Heinola

Is Holl playing good enough to protect in expansion draft? He had a decent year in 2019-20.
Surprised to see Dermotts name here but get the POV here with him being blocked on left side.

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
Is Holl playing good enough to protect in expansion draft? He had a decent year in 2019-20.
Surprised to see Dermotts name here but get the POV here.

Holl has been quite solid and while ik not the biggest fan he makes 2M and can play in the top 4 with muzzin. I'd protect him over dermott especially when dermott is playing only 11ish minutes a game due to us running 7D and keefe relying way to much on Holl right now

With injuries to Roebrtson and Joe Tho we could use a good middle 6 option like roslovic or Rust if they were available for trade.

Plus we would probably lose dermott or holl at expansion draft so better to get value for one of them and help improve the team.

Would panthers have any interest in dermott? Or is their defense set for this year

Reactions: TheImpatientPanther

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Holl has been quite solid and while ik not the biggest fan he makes 2M and can play in the top 4 with muzzin. I'd protect him over dermott especially when dermott is playing only 11ish minutes a game due to us running 7D and keefe relying way to much on Holl right now

With injuries to Roebrtson and Joe Tho we could use a good middle 6 option like roslovic or Rust if they were available for trade.

Plus we would probably lose dermott or holl at expansion draft so better to get value for one of them and help improve the team.

Would panthers have any interest in dermott? Or is their defense set for this year

Doubtful, we have like 8-9 D right now.
If we didn't pick up Forsling a couple weeks back then maybe but we are loaded with defense, just dont see a spot where Dermott would get anymore time than he currently gets with TOR.

Reactions: hamzarocks

Flyer lurker

Feb 16, 2019
Trade 1 why would pens trade a player you keep in ed for a 2021 ufa and a player you expose? (BTW notice when a trade is too little talent just throw in a 2 and it always looks better).

Trade 2 I wouldn't hate either side.

Reactions: banks

Knies iT

Mar 6, 2015
Surprised to see Dermotts name here but get the POV here with him being blocked on left side.
Because Leaf fans throw every player's name in proposals regardless of reality. Dermott's going nowhere.

Dubas implied just this past off-season that Dermott will be in Toronto long-term and the plan is to experiment with him in the top 4 as a RD. As you know, they were rumoured to have turned down a deal for Weegar with Dermott included. TOR will protect 4+4 in the ED (Rielly, Brodie, Muzzin, Dermott on D), likely exposing one of Kerfoot/Engvall.

Leaf fans have no patience with young D.

Reactions: shortfuze

TS Quint

GET THESE ADS OUT OF MY WAY!
Sep 8, 2012
Because Leaf fans throw every player's name in proposals regardless of reality. Dermott's going nowhere.

Dubas implied just this past off-season that Dermott will be in Toronto long-term and the plan is to experiment with him in the top 4 as a RD. As you know, they were rumoured to have turned down a deal for Weegar with Dermott included. TOR will protect 4+4 in the ED (Rielly, Brodie, Muzzin, Dermott on D), likely exposing one of Kerfoot/Engvall.

Leaf fans have no patience with young D.

He’s 24 not 20.

LucicAndChong

formerly known as Big Sugar
Jan 22, 2018
Ontario, Canada
The Leafs want to go for it this season, and there's bound to be injuries and illnesses like no other year.

Keep him. If the team isn't keen on keeping him past this season, then expose him in expansion.
This is a dumb way to look at it. We aren’t just going to keep a player of his skill and value to be a 3rd pair player/injury replacement and then just expose him in the draft to get taken.

that’s just poor asset management. We have enough D that we could have 1 or 2 fill in for injuries without having Dermott (Sandin/Lehtonen/Rosen)

I say trade him, and if the leafs are going to it will probably be at the beginning of February cause we have a few days off then or mid March (for the same reason)

I don’t see him as someone we expose in the draft, and if anything if we decide we don’t want to resign Freddy we could expose him and see if they would take his rights

If a mid tier team offers us anything close to a 1st for him, you trade him

OCPenguin

Jan 22, 2013

Trade 2

Why would Pittsburgh need or want Vesey?

LeafGrief

Shambles in my brain
Apr 10, 2015
Ottawa
Dermott will be taken by Seattle or take the job of the guy who is taken by Seattle. He’s a good player, playing on our third pairing means that we have depth at the defensive position. We’re not going to throw him away while trying to compete. Literally had Rielly and Muzzin out for long stretches last year.

Dermott isn’t going to get a ton of value in a trade, so we keep the depth.

Reactions: banks and Ciao

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad