Gavin White scores 3-3 game

Arcuri scores from the slot off a great pass by Back 4-3 Dallas

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Seminoff scores a shorthanded goal. Good hustle by Bourque to cause some chaos

piqued

nos merentur hoc
Nov 22, 2006
I think it's interesting that Graham has had Mavrik killing penalties in all 3 games.

Hull Fan

The Future is Now
Mar 21, 2007
Arlington, TX
That's a nice snipe by Seminoff. Good work by Bourque, poor play by CBJ and Seminoff takes advantage by sneaking one in short side.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Not sure what people see in Blumel: a vanilla north/south winger who hasn't been able to do much even when handed some decent plays. Dallas' winger depth is dire.

The more scoring chances I see him get the more I think "hmm yeah there's not much there". He's basically Kiviranta

Hull Fan

The Future is Now
Mar 21, 2007
Arlington, TX
Not sure what people see in Blumel: a vanilla north/south winger who hasn't been able to do much even when handed some decent plays. Dallas' winger depth is dire.
He's a 4th liner at best. That winger depth is also why Stankoven is going to end up on wing but taking a ton of faceoffs.

Back keeps taking a beating. Poor guy.

MrHeiskanen

Nov 12, 2017
Another Traverse tournament done, hockey season is near.

Thought our top guys were just OK the entire tournament.

Kyrou, Stranges, and Arcuri were disappointing for me.

Wheatcroft, Zloty surprised me with their games.

McDonald is interesting, but seems too slow and sluggish for pro game.

Reactions: Kcb12345

Zapp

Owner of Fellas Club
Mar 14, 2016
Jyvaskyla
Hopefully he's a diamond in the rough and a late bloomer.

In 68 games for Prince George had 47 goals and 60 assists for 107 points as an over ager.

Yeah I blame @BG44 for trying to scare everyone away from him. He was just bitter that Wheatcroft took his son’s ELC offer :sarcasm:

In reality though it’s just that nobody watched him or paid attention to him here, which is fine because most people don’t have that kind of time to watch random overagers in juniors. Hell nobody even talked about him really.

Good tournament by him, I still think he is a bit boom or bust though. We’ll see how he responds to our development program in Austin this year.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
My thoughts on the tournament/me just rambling:

Overall, I felt only 2 guys had an actual good tournament/did good things to potentially help their future career: Poirier, Wheatcroft, Zloty

Seminoff falls somewhere between "good" and "okay" for me.

Most of the team was just okay. I was disappointed we didn't see more from guys like Kyrou, Bourque, etc. But is what it is.

I actually liked Stranges' game for the most part outside of his execution in the O zone. He could've had several assists this weekend if he was able to get his passes through. D zone and forechecking tho, I liked his game compared to previous years, which is where I cared to see improvement. Still not sure if it's at a good enough level yet to see consistent AHL time, but hopefully.

Kyrou just seems a bit all over the place. The offensive skill is clear, especially on the PP, but he can be a mess at times. I'm still not gonna give up on him yet though.

Bourque was just quiet. Much better today, but even today he had some weird passes that you just don't see him make often. He's not gonna be one of those dominant superstars though, likely at his peak he will just be a complimentary depth guy who is a good playmaker and especially useful on the powerplay. I see him try to hold off guys to give himself time and space to make plays but that'll never work at the NHL level given his size and lack of pace, and it hardly works at his current level.

Guys I straight up did not like after 3 games:
Ertel
Bertucci (better today, but still bleh, didn't see anything that impressed me this weekend). This was my first time watching him

Disappointing:
Arcuri - scored a goal today but man he was basically non-existent out there 95% of the time. I think even the AHL level will be tough for him. Doesn't have the pace to his game yet that he needs.

Other guys who were just "okay":
Stankoven, Grushnikov, Blumel, Murray, White, McDonald (decent first 2 games but not impressed today). Back was solid too but he should be in this tournament.

I'd probably rate White higher if he wasn't so chaotic in his own zone. 2 goals and a good skater though, decent tournament for him.

No one else worth mentioning really I don't think.

northstars

May 11, 2016
Saskatchewan
My thoughts on the tournament/me just rambling:

Overall, I felt only 2 guys had an actual good tournament/did good things to potentially help their future career: Poirier, Wheatcroft, Zloty

Seminoff falls somewhere between "good" and "okay" for me.

Most of the team was just okay. I was disappointed we didn't see more from guys like Kyrou, Bourque, etc. But is what it is.

I actually liked Stranges' game for the most part outside of his execution in the O zone. He could've had several assists this weekend if he was able to get his passes through. D zone and forechecking tho, I liked his game compared to previous years, which is where I cared to see improvement. Still not sure if it's at a good enough level yet to see consistent AHL time, but hopefully.

Kyrou just seems a bit all over the place. The offensive skill is clear, especially on the PP, but he can be a mess at times. I'm still not gonna give up on him yet though.

Bourque was just quiet. Much better today, but even today he had some weird passes that you just don't see him make often. He's not gonna be one of those dominant superstars though, likely at his peak he will just be a complimentary depth guy who is a good playmaker and especially useful on the powerplay. I see him try to hold off guys to give himself time and space to make plays but that'll never work at the NHL level given his size and lack of pace, and it hardly works at his current level.

Guys I straight up did not like after 3 games:
Ertel
Bertucci (better today, but still bleh, didn't see anything that impressed me this weekend). This was my first time watching him

Disappointing:
Arcuri - scored a goal today but man he was basically non-existent out there 95% of the time. I think even the AHL level will be tough for him. Doesn't have the pace to his game yet that he needs.

Other guys who were just "okay":
Stankoven, Grushnikov, Blumel, Murray, White, McDonald (decent first 2 games but not impressed today). Back was solid too but he should be in this tournament.

I'd probably rate White higher if he wasn't so chaotic in his own zone. 2 goals and a good skater though, decent tournament for him.

No one else worth mentioning really I don't think.
Remember Bertucci is still an 18 year old defensemen and was the youngest d-man to dress for the Stars.

Reactions: Kcb12345

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad