GDT: Traverse City Tournament Discussion

piqued

nos merentur hoc
Nov 22, 2006
Well if this is the worst thing that happens to the Blue Jackets today...

David Castillo

Oct 29, 2014
San Antonio, TX
Nobody tell @David Castillo that Beau Akey had a good tournament for the oilers then

Not cool.

Pretty much agree on everything @Kcb12345 said. Although I didn't think Wheatcroft stood out so much as he capitalized on chances, which was a low bar a lot of others couldn't cross. I'd put Grushnikov in the good category though. You're just looking for good defense out of the kid, and I saw some quality rush defense and decent puck movement from him.

Reactions: Kcb12345

Zapp

Owner of Fellas Club
Mar 14, 2016
Jyvaskyla
Not cool.

Pretty much agree on everything @Kcb12345 said. Although I didn't think Wheatcroft stood out so much as he capitalized on chances, which was a low bar a lot of others couldn't cross. I'd put Grushnikov in the good category though. You're just looking for good defense out of the kid, and I saw some quality rush defense and decent puck movement from him.

Yeah I like Grushnikov. Made a lot of quick simple plays which is what you want from a player like him. I think he has potential to take on a role similar to Lindell for Dallas. His wheels will help him defend in the modern NHL, and if he bulks up, he and Bichsel will bring much needed physicality to the defense.

MrHeiskanen

Nov 12, 2017
Every year ppl over react to 3 scrimmages to set their takes in stone… glad hockej is back but its pre training camp.

I think the problem is when you a see a theme in all 3 games, like if Kyrou was shit in one game.. it happens. But every game he played poorly so that sets a bad picture.

Also, calling these scrimmages is not a fair assessment. Every player there is looking to make an impression for NHL scouts, coaches and management, players are not doing a light scrimmage.

Klockis

Suter stan
Mar 21, 2013
Sweden
I think the problem is when you a see a theme in all 3 games, like if Kyrou was shit in one game.. it happens. But every game he played poorly so that sets a bad picture.

Also, calling these scrimmages is not a fair assessment. Every player there is looking to make an impression for NHL scouts, coaches and management, players are not doing a light scrimmage.
I haven't watched any of the games this year but I remember that I was very impressed by Kyrou last year. Maybe he is bad but I don't think we should worry too much until he plays some pro games.

Smelling Salt

Busey is life
Mar 8, 2006
Winnipeg
Grushnikov = Grossman(n?) 2.0
tropic-thunder-les-grossman.gif

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: LT and Satan

piqued

nos merentur hoc
Nov 22, 2006
Seminoff, Wheatcroft, and Poirier were the three guys called out specifically by Graham for having good tournaments. Kinda funny that 2 of the 3 were our huge risers in the rankings.

Reactions: Dallasman and Zapp

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3