OT: Traverse City Prospect Tournament info/help?

Dec 13, 2010
Hey guys, my friend and I are debating taking the trip out to Traverse City from NYC this year, as it's something we've been discussing for a while and this year it seems financially reasonable. However, as two broke recent college grads (neither of whom have ever been to this area) we're trying to figure out the most cost efficient way to do it. Figured the Wings board is as good as any to start!

Really we're looking for any information about Traverse City as a whole, things to see, cheap hotels/motels, etc. etc. If there's a town not too far from Traverse (half hour or so) with more reasonable motel prices, that would be great too.

Also, how do tickets work for this? I watched it on TV two years ago and it didn't seem very full, but is there any risk of something like this selling out? Do you pay per game, or is it sort of a one-day price and you get to catch whatever games are going on? (My buddy is a Sabres fan, and we MAY have a 3rd coming who's a Wild fan so that would be a lot of games).

Thanks in advance, hope to get some useful info!

TCNorthstars

Jan 5, 2009
Lansing area, MI
Hey guys, my friend and I are debating taking the trip out to Traverse City from NYC this year, as it's something we've been discussing for a while and this year it seems financially reasonable. However, as two broke recent college grads (neither of whom have ever been to this area) we're trying to figure out the most cost efficient way to do it. Figured the Wings board is as good as any to start!

Really we're looking for any information about Traverse City as a whole, things to see, cheap hotels/motels, etc. etc. If there's a town not too far from Traverse (half hour or so) with more reasonable motel prices, that would be great too.

Also, how do tickets work for this? I watched it on TV two years ago and it didn't seem very full, but is there any risk of something like this selling out? Do you pay per game, or is it sort of a one-day price and you get to catch whatever games are going on? (My buddy is a Sabres fan, and we MAY have a 3rd coming who's a Wild fan so that would be a lot of games).

Thanks in advance, hope to get some useful info!

No worries of it selling out. The tickets are good all day. I think they are like $5 maybe $10. Do you like camping? There is a state park just down the road. What type of activities do you enjoy? There is a lot to do here and lots of great places to eat.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad