OT: Travel Thread

Do you want ants

Thats how u get ants
Jul 2, 2015
Japan is beautiful and probably my favorite place I’ve visited/lived. Super clean and easy to get around, even in some of the more rural areas.

If you are going, I’d recommend at least 10 days if you plan on doing more than Tokyo and Kyoto.

mrhockey193195

Nov 14, 2006
Denver, CO
Thought I might revive this thread, plus a self-serving question - anyone planning on traveling to MIN for the game on Tuesday? I'll be there (Section 119).

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
After 3 years finally heading back to the good old USA. Really excited to be going back to Skjei York city, feels like a million years since I last asked you guys about the city!

Reactions: ecemleafs

Roo Returns

Skjeikspeare No More
Mar 4, 2010
Westchester, NY
Was just in Tennessee recently. I gotta say, Nashville is fine for a few days but I definitely was ready to leave when the trip was up. Downtown is loud and kinda fratty..country fratty. Outside is very quiet, reminds me of DC.

will1066

Your positivity is not welcomed
Oct 12, 2008
Was just in Tennessee recently. I gotta say, Nashville is fine for a few days but I definitely was ready to leave when the trip was up. Downtown is loud and kinda fratty..country fratty. Outside is very quiet, reminds me of DC.
Downtown Nashville is fun, in a fratty loud kinda fun. It's a fun town to get wasted.

• Haha
Reactions: Roo Returns

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Lisbon & Porto. With a day trip to Sintra. Porto one of the most beautiful places that I have ever been to.
Damn figures...Chose Lisbon and the Algarve to visit next month. Not enough time for Porto. But everyone says the Algarve is amazing.

Lisbon & Porto. With a day trip to Sintra. Porto one of the most beautiful places that I have ever been to.
any suggestions for Lisbon? Was Sintra worth it? Looks like a pretty cool spot.
Thanks.

ColonialsHockey10

Jul 22, 2007
Brings me joy to see this thread active again.

Was on a small Spanish island called Formentera a few weeks ago that had the best beaches I’ve ever seen. Pain to get to but a very different vibe than neighboring islands like Ibiza.

Off to Nepal in a few weeks for some trekking!

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Brings me joy to see this thread active again.

Was on a small Spanish island called Formentera a few weeks ago that had the best beaches I’ve ever seen. Pain to get to but a very different vibe than neighboring islands like Ibiza.

Off to Nepal in a few weeks for some trekking!
My cousin who lives in Italy vacationed there and she said it was unreal and just as beautiful as Sardegna

gravey9

Dec 29, 2008
@Amazing Kreiderman I am planning on being in Copenhagen in October. Was thinking of taking a train to see an SHL game. I am leaning towards going up to Gotenberg to see Frolunda (possibly a Thurs night game against Rogle) Have you been to any Frolunda games? Any advice?

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
@Amazing Kreiderman I am planning on being in Copenhagen in October. Was thinking of taking a train to see an SHL game. I am leaning towards going up to Gotenberg to see Frolunda (possibly a Thurs night game against Rogle) Have you been to any Frolunda games? Any advice?

Frölunda is a pretty cool experience. Very loud by the way. Lots of singing and chanting.

There's a Raddison Blu hotel in the city center that's a pretty good and affordable option to stay at for the night.

gravey9

Dec 29, 2008
Frölunda is a pretty cool experience. Very loud by the way. Lots of singing and chanting.

There's a Raddison Blu hotel in the city center that's a pretty good and affordable option to stay at for the night.
Awesome intel! Thank you. I wish more US sports had that kind of atmosphere. The MLS teams in Los Angeles have that, and world cup soccer even in the states has it, but that's it.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Awesome intel! Thank you. I wish more US sports had that kind of atmosphere. The MLS teams in Los Angeles have that, and world cup soccer even in the states has it, but that's it.

Someone once said to me:

Americans watch sports to be entertained, and when their team is down, they go silent. A passive way of supporting.

Europeans watch sports to be part of it, and when their team is down, they're get louder. An active way of supporting.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Where do you rank Rogers Arena & MSG in terms of arenas you’ve been to? What’s your favorite NHL one?

Based on atmosphere:

1. Bridgestone Arena
2. T-Mobile Arena
3. Amalie Arena
4. Exel Energy Center
5. American Airlines Center
6. Saddledome
7. Enterprise Center
8. Rogers Arena
9. Madison Square Garden
10. Prudential Center
11. Gila River Arena
12. Wells Fargo Center
13. UBS Arena
14. KeyBank Center

In January, I am going to Climate Pledge Arena, which I visited years ago when it was still Key Arena, and Nationwide Arena so we will see where those fit in.

Reactions: EdJovanovski

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
Back in your city guys for the first time since 2019. While it kind of shakes me up a bit that Brady Skjei is no longer here, I’m coming to slowly accept this reality.

I still love you guys, and I do enjoy the rangers. Just never break my heart again…

leetch99

Leetch66 Joined 2007
Oct 5, 2017
PEI Canada
I hope to visit Ottawa on Nov 30th for the Ranger game . Schedule sucks though as I would have liked to have caught a game in Montreal as well . It's during a stretch of about a month give or take where the Rangers have some real big games and this one is the first of a home and home .

Taluss

Jul 28, 2018
NYC
I hope to visit Ottawa on Nov 30th for the Ranger game . Schedule sucks though as I would have liked to have caught a game in Montreal as well . It's during a stretch of about a month give or take where the Rangers have some real big games and this one is the first of a home and home .

If you need a hand with anything in Ottawa feel free to send me a msg.

Although I’m not there its my hometown so I may be able to help ya out with anything you may need.

l

leetch99

Leetch66 Joined 2007
Oct 5, 2017
PEI Canada
If you need a hand with anything in Ottawa feel free to send me a msg.

Although I’m not there its my hometown so I may be able to help ya out with anything you may need.
Thanks very much but we should be good . My brother lives around there ....and I hate to say it...but I'm not exactly sure where LOL....he just retired after 37 years from the Canadian Armed Forces . Poor guy is an Islander fan . It should be a great game as would the second half back in NY .

Reactions: Taluss

GbgRanger

Jul 11, 2009
Sweden / Philippines

I just transferred back to the Gothenburg area in February after living abroad. Let me know if you need any assistance or information.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad