Screenshot_20200217-082229_Gallery.jpg

JETTY PORT
Screenshot_20200217-082805_Gallery.jpg

back beach
Screenshot_20200217-082733_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20200217-082416_Gallery.jpg

Back beach kite surfing spot
Screenshot_20200217-083542_Gallery.jpg

#1 beach in Asia , ranked #1 few years ago in the world.
Screenshot_20200217-083602_Gallery.jpg

And a Winnipeg Jets fan staked a claim on it :)

Screenshot_20200217-082845_Gallery.jpg

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200217-082713_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20200217-082713_Gallery.jpg
    740.4 KB · Views: 0

DeepFrickinValue

Formally Ruffus
May 14, 2015
Front Beach (white beach)
View attachment 322049

JETTY PORT
View attachment 322055

back beach

Back beach kite surfing spotView attachment 322071

#1 beach in Asia , ranked #1 few years ago in the world.
View attachment 322073

And a Winnipeg Jets fan staked a claim on it :)

View attachment 322075
Boracay? I was there around 20 years ago in off-season. I got mugged on the way and o had all my cards and passports stolen. I had $300 or so to last me to get back to Manila. got a deal on a hotel for $5 a night as they felt sorry for me. I lasted around 3 weeks on Boracay on about $250.

PhilJets

Winnipeg is Good
Jun 24, 2012
Somewhere nice
Boracay? I was there around 20 years ago in off-season. I got mugged on the way and o had all my cards and passports stolen. I had $300 or so to last me to get back to Manila. got a deal on a hotel for $5 a night as they felt sorry for me. I lasted around 3 weeks on Boracay on about $250.

Sorry to hear that.

Got mugged drunk or not drunk?

Typically Boracaynon are very down to earth and laid back. Nice people all around.
One reason i lasted this long here for work.

20 years ago this place has limited supply source. Logistic, etc 1/5 of things to do.
$300 will last you 2-4 days today here as a tourist :DD

Reactions: GNP

DeepFrickinValue

Formally Ruffus
May 14, 2015
Sorry to hear that.

Got mugged drunk or not drunk?

Typically Boracaynon are very down to earth and laid back. Nice people all around.
One reason i lasted this long here for work.

20 years ago this place has limited supply source. Logistic, etc 1/5 of things to do.
$300 will last you 2-4 days today here as a tourist :DD
Got mugged/pickpocketed on a jeepney from Iloilo.

Also got mugged in Manila once and Cebu twice in 20 minutes. the muggings extended my trip from three weeks to three months. I was trying to work my way through Philippines to get to Australia by boats.

Did love the north of Philippines. sagada was incredible, at the time it was the world's second biggest hash producer.

Nearly died by electrocution in the shower (bad wiring) in Baguio.

PhilJets

Winnipeg is Good
Jun 24, 2012
Somewhere nice
Got mugged/pickpocketed on a jeepney from Iloilo.

Also got mugged in Manila once and Cebu twice in 20 minutes. the muggings extended my trip from three weeks to three months. I was trying to work my way through Philippines to get to Australia by boats.

Did love the north of Philippines. sagada was incredible, at the time it was the world's second biggest hash producer.

Nearly died by electrocution in the shower (bad wiring) in Baguio.

Man sorry to hear that, bad experience.....

I see you been all over.

You rode a jeepney?
That take guts if a foreigner do that as normal transport mode.

Mud Turtle

Jul 26, 2013
Our family got addicted to cruising when our girls were young. Great family bonding time.
Our two favourite ports were Virgin Gorda (off of Tortola) and St. Lucia. St Lucia is just so lush and the famous Pitons are breathtaking.
Virgin Gorda looks like a whole different world. You walk through these massive boulders stacked upon themselves and then it opens up into the most beautiful beach I’ve ever seen. Just incredible.
6E831D33-166F-44F4-A3DC-AD762F06CC57.jpeg
E66E0EA1-9D22-4306-8C71-7CBE05126CC3.jpeg

Cypruss

Stand up for your beliefs.
Oct 18, 2018
LaSalle, Manitoba
My best friend and I did a 3 week trip through Europe back in 2013. We had the Rail pass and expedia on our phones. Little to no agenda...wake up - where do we want to go today? Once we arrive, a quick check on Expedia for a hotel within a 30 minute walk from the train station - and there it was. Amazing 3 weeks...Belguim, Netherlands, Germany, Czech Republic, Austria, Switzerland and Italy all covered.

The sporting hi-lights were the 2 F1 races at Spa and Monza (Both Vettel Red Bull dominance). Yes, we wore our Jets jerseys to the Spa race....sat first row right at the lead-up to Eau Rouge. It was way too hot for the jerseys at Monza. We also checked out a Soccer game in Prague.

Fantastic way to see Europe - through the amazing rail systems. Berlin and Prague were my favorite cities, followed closely by Bern, Cologne and Florence. We saw all the sights in our 3 days in Rome and it was fantastic - but the city was very dirty and filled with (gypsy) beggars...was a little sketchy in a few areas....

Reactions: Ducky10 and Jets 31

flyingkiwi

Oct 28, 2014
France
I've road tripped and camped around almost all of New Zealand, an amazing place to grow up in and call home. In general I'd say our scenery is not as spectacular as some other countries, but even with a developed tourism industry we really are alone at the bottom of the world. We've got a lot to see in such a small area.

Australia I love for its cities. Sydney and Melbourne are amazing, on a scale we just don't have at home with plenty of great spots to eat and things to see. We did the Great Ocean Road and while it was nice... coming from NZ it just felt pretty average, even with what's left of the 12 Apostles. Would love to check out more of North Queensland and the desert though.

In the Pacific I've done Rarotonga, Tahiti and Fiji. Due to having friends or family in each of those locations we got to have more of a local than a tourist experience. In Fiji we skipped Denarau and went to two tiny resorts, one on a tiny island in a marine reserve. Absolutely stunning snorkeling. We also stayed with my family living in the middle of bustling Suva. Honestly it reminded me of home. :laugh:
For those of you thinking about Hawaii, give the South Pacific a thought too.

In North America I've done Banff, road tripped to Manitoba, and explored New York City. I remember posters on here calling me crazy for spending like three weeks of January in Brandon but I was 18 and had a blast with my friends. I also got to see the Jets play and get better acquainted with pierogies and 7-11 wings. I'd really like to get back and do another Canada trip one day, perhaps on the way home from Europe.

Now I'm working in France, in the south west, with at least another year and a half to go. So far I've done a week in Paris, and I'm slowly exploring the region I live in. It's not completely unlike NZ so it's been a nice transition. I've also done a quick weekend in London which was fun, and have popped down to Spain. Next up is more Spain and Portugal in the spring. Will head north east eventually.

imec

Sponsor
Aug 29, 2013
Winnipeg
Basically every town/city in the Netherlands is very bike friendly with dedicated bike lanes and signal lights. Same with Belgium. I work for a Dutch company and our main office campus has about 12000 employees. I would conservatively estimate that there are almost as many employees arrive by bike as there are arrive in cars.

Poor phone cam pic from a train but check out the number of bikes in the parking lot - train station at a town in Belgium.
IMG_4179.JPG

Channelcat

Unhinged user
Feb 8, 2013
Canada
I've road tripped and camped around almost all of New Zealand, an amazing place to grow up in and call home. In general I'd say our scenery is not as spectacular as some other countries, but even with a developed tourism industry we really are alone at the bottom of the world. We've got a lot to see in such a small area.

Australia I love for its cities. Sydney and Melbourne are amazing, on a scale we just don't have at home with plenty of great spots to eat and things to see. We did the Great Ocean Road and while it was nice... coming from NZ it just felt pretty average, even with what's left of the 12 Apostles. Would love to check out more of North Queensland and the desert though.

In the Pacific I've done Rarotonga, Tahiti and Fiji. Due to having friends or family in each of those locations we got to have more of a local than a tourist experience. In Fiji we skipped Denarau and went to two tiny resorts, one on a tiny island in a marine reserve. Absolutely stunning snorkeling. We also stayed with my family living in the middle of bustling Suva. Honestly it reminded me of home. :laugh:
For those of you thinking about Hawaii, give the South Pacific a thought too.

In North America I've done Banff, road tripped to Manitoba, and explored New York City. I remember posters on here calling me crazy for spending like three weeks of January in Brandon but I was 18 and had a blast with my friends. I also got to see the Jets play and get better acquainted with pierogies and 7-11 wings. I'd really like to get back and do another Canada trip one day, perhaps on the way home from Europe.

Now I'm working in France, in the south west, with at least another year and a half to go. So far I've done a week in Paris, and I'm slowly exploring the region I live in. It's not completely unlike NZ so it's been a nice transition. I've also done a quick weekend in London which was fun, and have popped down to Spain. Next up is more Spain and Portugal in the spring. Will head north east eventually.
Brandon can be a surprising good time. It's got great people and just oozes romantic Canadiana.

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
So there is 6 of us supposed to go to Scotland April 5 , obviously we aren't going now so we got together to figure out what we were going to do . Right now we can't cancel because they want us to wait until 10 days out from travelling , the airline isn't offering a credit because technically you can still travel . You want to talk about crooks , 6 tickets cost 7800 bucks , cancellation fees for all 6 1800 bucks , not terrible , but then hidden at the end a handling fee for another 1800 bucks . Are you serious ? Handling what ?We didn't even get to the airport yet . :help: I don't have any sympathy for airlines when they pull shit like this .

kanadalainen

A pint of dark matter, please.
Jan 7, 2017
The 100th Meridian
Would like to check out the urban cycling in Amsterdam. Apparently its quite the bike-friendly city..

Amsterdam's bike infrastructure is amazing. The whole country's is. I held up traffic in downtown Amsterdam because I came to a 8 lane intersection that bikes had the right of way on. I was too spooked to go through and traffic eventually just started moving without me :laugh:. Damn tourists.

Denmark is no slouch if you like cycling. Was there about 3 years ago on business, then took a week to do this. Great country.

Reactions: Howard Chuck

LucianoBorsato

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
So there is 6 of us supposed to go to Scotland April 5 , obviously we aren't going now so we got together to figure out what we were going to do . Right now we can't cancel because they want us to wait until 10 days out from travelling , the airline isn't offering a credit because technically you can still travel . You want to talk about crooks , 6 tickets cost 7800 bucks , cancellation fees for all 6 1800 bucks , not terrible , but then hidden at the end a handling fee for another 1800 bucks . Are you serious ? Handling what ?We didn't even get to the airport yet . :help: I don't have any sympathy for airlines when they pull shit like this .

Crooks to be sure. Which airline is it? My sister was having a lot of trouble getting their tickets to New Zealand cancelled also. If it makes you feel any better, there will probably be a few airlines out of business after all is said and done.

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Crooks to be sure. Which airline is it? My sister was having a lot of trouble getting their tickets to New Zealand cancelled also. If it makes you feel any better, there will probably be a few airlines out of business after all is said and done.
Westjet and British airway . I just got a e-mail saying they are now giving a credit voucher for the amount of our flight but it says as part payment for a future flight . I'm going to have to figure out what that means . Just left work , Superstore , people ran in and cleaned us out of toilet paper in a half an hour . What the hell , haven't they bought enough to last years by now ? :shakehead

Conflicted Habs fan

"Beauty will save the world" - Dostoyevsky
Sponsor
Nov 23, 2011
Montreal
Civil servants in Quebec are barred from travelling in or out of the province. I had to cancel my holiday plans I made in January to Rio de Janeiro

Reactions: Jets 31

LucianoBorsato

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Westjet and British airway . I just got a e-mail saying they are now giving a credit voucher for the amount of our flight but it says as part payment for a future flight . I'm going to have to figure out what that means . Just left work , Superstore , people ran in and cleaned us out of toilet paper in a half an hour . What the hell , haven't they bought enough to last years by now ? :shakehead

Yeah and a future flight, when exactly? There is already talk airlines will be shut down for a couple months at least.

Especially at a time when people are going to need as much money as possible, lets reassure people with basically a coupon. I think there should be some kind of government mandate for people to be given full refunds, but I suppose they have their hands full with other problems right now.

Hammer Slammer

Mar 26, 2010
Winnipeg
I was going to be in Toronto for Blue Jays opening week and had tickets lined up for 3 games. I'm thankful I'm only out about 900 bucks if I can't get money back. So far, since the events are "postponed" I can't get my money back. WestJet won't give money back as I can still travel within Canada. I got an Airbnb and they won't refund unless travel is restricted.

I'm sure they're losing money hand over fist and desperately trying to recoup funds where they can.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad