Travel expenses

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City

I know we've discussed the cost of travel for teams.

Interesting point from Cassidy in today's podcast. The VGK "traveling party" is nominally about 50 (players, coaches, equipment staff, athletic staff, broadcasters, social media, etc.). For the Winter Classic, including all the family members, it's 200.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017

I know we've discussed the cost of travel for teams.

Interesting point from Cassidy in today's podcast. The VGK "traveling party" is nominally about 50 (players, coaches, equipment staff, athletic staff, broadcasters, social media, etc.). For the Winter Classic, including all the family members, it's 200.

50 seems slightly high. 23 players. 4-5 or so coaches, plus the people doing video scouting and stuff. Trainers/Equipment staff takes you to around the mid 30's. Guess, they travel with the radio/tv people who cover them. Social media staff is kind of new, but ok. That's probably low 40's.

Obviously there are others whose tasks are not as well known that travel.

varsaku

Feb 14, 2014
United States
50 seems slightly high. 23 players. 4-5 or so coaches, plus the people doing video scouting and stuff. Trainers/Equipment staff takes you to around the mid 30's. Guess, they travel with the radio/tv people who cover them. Social media staff is kind of new, but ok. That's probably low 40's.

Obviously there are others whose tasks are not as well known that travel.
I'm sure there are some doctors, nutritionist and/or chefs traveling with the team.

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
Head coach, D coach, F coach, goalie coach. Strength/conditioning coach. 1-2 video folks. (7)

2-3+ trainers, masseuse (3)
2-3 equipment staff (3)

2 radio folks (pxp, color), 2 TV folks. Maybe a 3rd sideline/feature reporter. (5)

1-2 social media.

Travel coordinator

GM or AGM

For playoffs you might add:
* team chef
* 2+ team doctors/dentist
* 1-2 more equipment staff

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad