Post-Game Talk: Trash tier team effort

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Maybe his reasoning was to give McD and Leon each one functional winger. Otherwise, Draisaitl is left with two broken wings and we all know how that goes.

And that's always an uphill battle around these parts. You're right that something is off with Leon this year, but I don't think it's attitudinal. More a case of a lingering injury and/or a lack of proper offseason training. Hopefully, he's experiencing his December now and he'll start to heat up.
I think they have to keep RNH/Hyman/McD together and move McLeod up with Drai.

The Panther

Mar 25, 2014
Tokyo, Japan
As usual, you're all massively over-reacting to one loss. It was a 4-2 game that went out of hand down the stretch in garbage time. Meh, whatever.

It'll be tough for the Oil to win in Florida, but it can be done. Hopefully they can go 2-2 on the road trip.

The loss of Kane is tough, as he is an important part of the club's top-six, which is their strength. Trying to put a positive spin on it, maybe one of Puljujarvi, Yamamoto, or Holloway can step up and take advantage of more ice time to contribute something.

The club's weakness now is clearly team defence. We all knew this entering the season, so no surprises. I suspect Holland is going to acquire another Kris Russell-type Dman who can shut things down, before long. On the positive side, Brett Kulak has been better than I expected. Barrie has been good after a rough first few games. We've seen Campbell's worst so far, but very little of his best, so that has to get better.

I don't mind the Oilers being meh early in the season. The point is to improve as the season goes along. Inevitably, there are going to be ups and downs. They're not in a do-or-die situation regarding their division or conference. Not even close.

Would be nice if they could win some games at home.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
As usual, you're all massively over-reacting to one loss. It was a 4-2 game that went out of hand down the stretch in garbage time. Meh, whatever.

It'll be tough for the Oil to win in Florida, but it can be done. Hopefully they can go 2-2 on the road trip.

The loss of Kane is tough, as he is an important part of the club's top-six, which is their strength. Trying to put a positive spin on it, maybe one of Puljujarvi, Yamamoto, or Holloway can step up and take advantage of more ice time to contribute something.

The club's weakness now is clearly team defence. We all knew this entering the season, so no surprises. I suspect Holland is going to acquire another Kris Russell-type Dman who can shut things down, before long. On the positive side, Brett Kulak has been better than I expected. Barrie has been good after a rough first few games. We've seen Campbell's worst so far, but very little of his best, so that has to get better.

I don't mind the Oilers being meh early in the season. The point is to improve as the season goes along. Inevitably, there are going to be ups and downs. They're not in a do-or-die situation regarding their division or conference. Not even close.

Would be nice if they could win some games at home.
Wrong assessment of the board's reaction. It's not one game or even a couple. The signs have been there all year long that there are some serious issues. Last game was just an exclamation point on that. If we were playing well, and had some tough luck losses, no issue with me or likely anyone else. Right now, the process is the thing that is concerning and the results are backing it up. Despite having 2 generational players having generational seasons. (Again)

Reactions: Behind Enemy Lines

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad