Transfer Steals/Busts 15/16

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
The real winner of this thread is Kanté and I called it at the time.
I also called the J. Ayew disaster :laugh:

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
Yea, Kante is probably the steal of the year. Playing like his value is 3-4 times what Leicester paid for him.

As far as busts, Depay has gotta be up there. Big price tag, virtually zero results. Although if he sticks around it's possible he has a bounce back year. Most would agree that even though he had a terrible campaign, especially domestically, he's still got a boatload of talent.

East Coast Bias

Feb 28, 2014
NYC
Yea, Kante is probably the steal of the year. Playing like his value is 3-4 times what Leicester paid for him.

As far as busts, Depay has gotta be up there. Big price tag, virtually zero results. Although if he sticks around it's possible he has a bounce back year. Most would agree that even though he had a terrible campaign, especially domestically, he's still got a boatload of talent.

If United sell Depay based on this season, I'm gonna lose my mind.

He was good in patches. He played well, then made a horrible mistake to give up the goal vs Stoke, and that was it. Banished to the bench.

United's best stretch was when they played Rashford, Martial and Memphis up front with either Mata or Ander in the #10. Of course that was scrapped once they lost a game.

He'll come good as long as he realizes he isn't the greatest player ever to walked into OT.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Speaking of Kante and not to turn this into a transfer discussion thread, I would think that Madrid would throw a bank at Leicester for him.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Oh yeah I forgot about Stindl and Darida. Both of them were great value. I might have included Bürki as well but I adjusted for how the German goalkeeping market seems to be, where you can apparently get a very good keeper for €5-8M or less.

Burki was good business, kinda like Gregoritsch/Muto/Schopf/Max from my list; but that right there is why I don't think he can qualify as a steal. Certainly not with transfers like Stindl, Darida, Schar, Tah, Kimmich & Weigl also happening in the BuLi.

PS Elvedi should retroactively qualify himself for this discussion in the coming year or two. He looks just as talented as Andreas Christensen...who I still hope Chelsea stupidly lets go...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad