Recalled/Assigned: Transaction thread: Granberg up Granberg Down (Apr. 10)

johnny_rudeboy

Mar 20, 2006
Karlstad
Wait....

Mark Masters ‏@markhmasters ·4h
TJ Brennan on Granberg: "He's helped me. I don’t think I’ve helped him. We call him RoboCop sometimes bc he’s just a machine."

Mark Masters ‏@markhmasters ·4h
Brennan on Granberg: "I try to learn from him defensively, bc he’s a machine back there … He is, in some ways, an inspiration for me"

Did Granberg play with Percy or play with Brennan? Brennan saying "he's helped me, I don't I've helped him" suggests he's played with him? Maybe not though....

Oh another Swedish robot... great. :laugh:

cupcrazyman

Stupid Sexy Flanders
Aug 14, 2006
Leafland
Ed Belfour;83131039[B said:
]A little sad that it took this long to give the kids a real look.[/B] Other teams do this all the time.

Leafs have always been criticized for rushing their young guns , you can't have it both ways. :D

StuckOutHere

Feb 10, 2010
@Michael_Traikos 12m
Turns out Granberg is not playing. Sounds like salary cap issues prevented call up. #Leafs

johnny_rudeboy

Mar 20, 2006
Karlstad
Granberg is going to be Franson's replacement next year, really like the kid and he could be a great partner for Gardiner/Rielly.

Hopefully he can be the hockey player we hopped Schenn would be. Even do he is a Swede I know very little about him. He did well in the playoffs last season in the SHL and did not look out place in the World Championship among the best of the rest. But he is not really a guy you notice that much, and that might be a good thing seeing as he is a defensive d-man.

But the guys following the Marlies say he play really well so hopefully he is one of the guys who can take the next step.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
We need some high IQ defenders out there so hopefully he can come in and stop some bleeding on a new Leafs team next year.

Jer416

Oct 8, 2013
Ontario
Okay the call ups are getting confusing now. I thought we used all of our 4 callups already. Aren't we only allowed emergency/injury callups now? So if we were to have a player injured, doesn't he not count towards the cap? So how could we have called him up, then say we don't have cap space?

Oh and... You can announce a callup before checking your cap?

akiberg8

Jun 12, 2007
:laugh:

Well, that's the cherry on the incompetence sundae for Leaf management this season.

I heard on the radio he's already been flown out to Florida. Do you think he gets to at least take in the game or is he on the next flight headed back to Toronto?

LOL Poor guy

Derrty

Cat
Apr 24, 2012
Must be depressing to just look for anything negative in every post.

I find it odd that the Leafs just never give our guys a real chance every now and then for a couple games. Calling up Ashton and have him either play 3 minutes with Colton Orr or a healthy scratch doesn't count. The Leafs have been struggling all season with defense, some individual guys in particular, not once did management think "Hey, we got a good defensive prospect down here playing good hockey, why not give him a look for a couple games?" At best, he plays great. If not, he got a taste of what the league is like and what he has to work on.

Nothing wrong with giving guys who are working hard and playing well some NHL time. The Leafs just seemed to accept their problems as un-fixable. They kept on trotting out the same lineup every single night and hoping for different results.

If I was directing my statement at a particular comment, I would have quoted it. Sorry if you were somehow offended by my general analysis of the reaction to every decision ever made by management. Obviously it touched a nerve.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
How does a lottery team not have cap space to call up a 7th round pick rookie? Good thing we have all those assistant GMs....

Deebo

Jan 28, 2005
Toronto
Okay the call ups are getting confusing now. I thought we used all of our 4 callups already. Aren't we only allowed emergency/injury callups now? So if we were to have a player injured, doesn't he not count towards the cap? So how could we have called him up, then say we don't have cap space?

Oh and... You can announce a callup before checking your cap?

I don't think the team announced the call-up, the beat reporters saw some indications that he might have been, but I don't think there was official word from the club,

Deebo

Jan 28, 2005
Toronto
How does a lottery team not have cap space to call up a 7th round pick rookie? Good thing we have all those assistant GMs....

Chris Johnston ‏@reporterchris 2m
Petter Granberg was here just in case Paul Ranger and others couldn't play. "He got a free trip to Florida," says Randy Carlyle.

Stop listening to speculation and taking it as fact.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad