Denmark: Training match against Finland 3rd of April 2013.

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen
Denmark played Finland in Gentofte in front of a 1000 people.
Denmark took the lead 1-0 (Stefan Lassen), but ended up losing 3-1. Finnish goalscorers Marko Antilla (2) & Juuso Hietanen (1-ET)

Still a good showing by the danish team if you see Finlands roster below (with SM-liiga, SEL & KHL players)..

Denmark:
Goal:
Patrick Galbraith (Oskarshamn, loan from Frölunda).

1'st D-pair:
Rasmus Nielsen (Herning) & Stefan Lassen (ex-Malmö)

1'st Forward line:
Morten Madsen (Hamburg?, ex-Modo), Morten Poulsen (Oskarshamn) & Frederik Storm (Malmö)

2'nd D-pair:
Mads Bødker (Malmö) & Philip Hersby (ex-Malmö)

2'nd Forward line:
Morten Green (Hannover), Kirill Starkov (ex-Oskarshamn) & Lasse Lassen (Herning)

3'rd D-pair:
Emil Kristensen (Esbjerg) & Kasper Jensen (Aalborg)

3'rd Forward line:
Patrick Bjørkstrand (Mora), Kim Staal (Herlev) & Thor Dresler (Herlev).

7'th D-man: Bjørn Uldall (Herning)

4'th Forward line: Olafur Gunnarsson (Herning), Felix Maegaard Scheel (Olofströms IK) & Nicklas Beyer Carlsen (Herlev - loan).

Finland's roster:

Goalies:
Mika Järvinen, HPK
Atte Engren, TPS

Defence:
Teemu Laakso, Severstal
Ville Pokka, Kärpät
Rasmus Ristolainen, TPS
Sami Lepistö, HC Lev
Ilari Melart, HIFK
Mikko Kousa, MoDo
Atte Ohtamaa, Kärpät
Juuso Hietanen, Novgorod

Forwards:
Niklas Hagman, Lokomotiv
Marko Anttila, TPS
Petteri Wirtanen, Donbass
Miikka Salomäki, Kärpät
Jere Sallinen, HPK
Pekka Jormakka, Pelicans
Oskar Osala, Neftehimik
Juha-Pekka Haataja, Kärpät
Kristian Kuusela, Blues
Ville Viitaluoma, HPK
Tomi Sallinen, Blues
Antti Pihlström, Ufa
Toni Kähkönen, Kärpät

Last edited:

andersej

Jul 16, 2009
Copenhagen
I'm pretty sure the Danish goal was scored by Stefan Lassen - not Lasse Lassen.

But all in all a good showing by Denmark. Morten Madsen was the best player for Denmark - along with Galbraith. Madsen quite simply is a level above the rest of the team.

Also looks to me like Morten Green is flat out past it...

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen
I'm pretty sure the Danish goal was scored by Stefan Lassen - not Lasse Lassen.

But all in all a good showing by Denmark. Morten Madsen was the best player for Denmark - along with Galbraith. Madsen quite simply is a level above the rest of the team.

Also looks to me like Morten Green is flat out past it...

Thanks......actually lately the Lassen brothers scores the bulk of the danish NT goals! :D
I agree from what i have seen lately that Green is in a decline and hopefully Morten Madsen can shine in DEL with more offensive responsibility than he got in Modo.

JJTT

Jan 18, 2013
Oulu
Another game today in about 30 minutes, finland's line-up will be:

Oskar Osala - Ville Viitaluoma - Juha-Pekka Haataja
Sami Lepistö - Juuso Hietanen

Niklas Hagman - Petteri Wirtanen - Pekka Jormakka
Ilari Melart - Mikko Kousa

Antti Pihlström - Miikka Salomäki - Marko Anttila
Rasmus Ristolainen - Teemu Laakso

Toni Kähkönen - Tomi Sallinen - Kristian Kuusela
Atte Ohtamaa - Ville Pokka

13th forward:
Jere Sallinen

G:
Mika Järvinen (Atte Engren)

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen
Another game today in about 30 minutes, finland's line-up will be:

Oskar Osala - Ville Viitaluoma - Juha-Pekka Haataja
Sami Lepistö - Juuso Hietanen

Niklas Hagman - Petteri Wirtanen - Pekka Jormakka
Ilari Melart - Mikko Kousa

Antti Pihlström - Miikka Salomäki - Marko Anttila
Rasmus Ristolainen - Teemu Laakso

Toni Kähkönen - Tomi Sallinen - Kristian Kuusela
Atte Ohtamaa - Ville Pokka

13th forward:
Jere Sallinen

G:
Mika Järvinen (Atte Engren)

Great - many thanks for giving us the line up :handclap:

QnebO

Wheel, snipe, celly
Feb 11, 2010
Posted to wrong topic earlier.. This had its own. Are you guys watching the game too?

Bank

Nov 21, 2010
Odense, Denmark
Tough game for Denmark. Obviously against a better team but ugh.... 7-0. Won't give that game much attention.

5 guys have left the NT-camp: Bjørn Uldall, Olafur Gunnarsson, Nicklas Carlsen, Felix Scheel, Dennis Jensen

7 guys have joined after being released from PO- and others duties other places: Nichlas Hardt(Jokerit), Daniel Nielsen, Julian Jakobsen(both Hamburg), Jesper Jensen(F - Karlskrona), Jesper Jensen(D - Rögle), Sebastian Dahm(Rodovre - YEAH!) and Morten Andreasen(Odense)

Karvinen won't get a look this year?

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen
Tough game for Denmark. Obviously against a better team but ugh.... 7-0. Won't give that game much attention.

5 guys have left the NT-camp: Bjørn Uldall, Olafur Gunnarsson, Nicklas Carlsen, Felix Scheel, Dennis Jensen

7 guys have joined after being released from PO- and others duties other places: Nichlas Hardt(Jokerit), Daniel Nielsen, Julian Jakobsen(both Hamburg), Jesper Jensen(F - Karlskrona), Jesper Jensen(D - Rögle), Sebastian Dahm(Rodovre - YEAH!) and Morten Andreasen(Odense)

Karvinen won't get a look this year?

Sadly didn't have time to see the game, but I guess the Finns were unhappy with the first game and decided to play Denmark out of the rink. Based on the score they succeded!
So as I guess you are a Rødovre fan :sarcasm: , but Sebastian Dahm is still Denmark's 3'rd keeper when Frederik Andersen is in NA. We have to see in the U18 what Georg Sørensen can bring, since he likely will be a contender to the leading danish goalies.
Jannik Karvinen has just had a pretty disappointing season if you compare with last year, so hopefully next year he is back in business.

This influx of 7 offcourse makes the danish team a lot better on paper!

Valdemar

Danish junior hockey
Oct 6, 2007
Sadly didn't have time to see the game, but I guess the Finns were unhappy with the first game and decided to play Denmark out of the rink. Based on the score they succeded!
So as I guess you are a Rødovre fan :sarcasm: , but Sebastian Dahm is still Denmark's 3'rd keeper when Frederik Andersen is in NA. We have to see in the U18 what Georg Sørensen can bring, since he likely will be a contender to the leading danish goalies.
Jannik Karvinen has just had a pretty disappointing season if you compare with last year, so hopefully next year he is back in business.

This influx of 7 offcourse makes the danish team a lot better on paper!

It looks like we got some really good goaltending prospects in the pipeline (at last).
George Sørensen has been really good in the (few) games he has been allowed to play this year, and he did very well at the U18 IHWC last year.
But the most promising Danish goalie talent is Thomas Lillie, Vojens (born 1996). He has been fenominal in the Danish junior leagues and has been elected best goalie at different Danish junior championships 4 years in a row; at U15 in 2010 and 2011, and at U17 in 2012 and 2013 (also MVP in 2013).
Lets hope at least one of them will have success playing at a high level in Europe in the future.

Bank

Nov 21, 2010
Odense, Denmark

Don't get it... especially in the Playoff games I've seen(Tonight the bronze match) he's been f'cking flying. Some games he's the dominant force in the Rodovre offense. Backchecks. Throws hits. Goes to the net. Making crisp passes. Good at protecting the puck. Does the small things right. Making him self more than a top 6 or bust player. And then he gets passed over - because he had a bad start of the season? He's never been more suited for a lower line role.

Not saying it'll be complete disaster. It won't matter. I can just image how Karvinen must feel. Being judged by numbers in games without meaning. The PO-games I've seen Morten Andreasen this year just makes me more bitter for Karvinen. Luckily he got a hard earned medal as a comfort. A well earned one :)

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen
Don't get it... especially in the Playoff games I've seen(Tonight the bronze match) he's been f'cking flying. Some games he's the dominant force in the Rodovre offense. Backchecks. Throws hits. Goes to the net. Making crisp passes. Good at protecting the puck. Does the small things right. Making him self more than a top 6 or bust player. And then he gets passed over - because he had a bad start of the season? He's never been more suited for a lower line role.

Not saying it'll be complete disaster. It won't matter. I can just image how Karvinen must feel. Being judged by numbers in games without meaning. The PO-games I've seen Morten Andreasen this year just makes me more bitter for Karvinen. Luckily he got a hard earned medal as a comfort. A well earned one :)

If he continues as you said he had done in the playoff also for next season I'm pretty sure he will be back on the roster eventually.
Since Rødovre has been playing for bronze place, maybe he could be included for WC since people have been going in and out for these Finland matches anyways.
That Rødovre even get's a medal after being 7'th in the regular season is a small miracle in itself. So he and others on Rødovre's team must really have found top form (Sebastian Dahm as well I reckon).

Bank

Nov 21, 2010
Odense, Denmark
If he continues as you said he had done in the playoff also for next season I'm pretty sure he will be back on the roster eventually.
Since Rødovre has been playing for bronze place, maybe he could be included for WC since people have been going in and out for these Finland matches anyways.
That Rødovre even get's a medal after being 7'th in the regular season is a small miracle in itself. So he and others on Rødovre's team must really have found top form (Sebastian Dahm as well I reckon).

If a player could play like that all year he wouldn't be in the Danish League ;):naughty: :D :laugh: Doubt it, doubt he'll ever get on a WC-roster and doubt that it'll be a big deal :) Just feeling for a new found favorite player...

And now for something completely different... Looks like it's gonna be a reverse year forward/back wise. In NA the only forward help that's likely is Boedker. On D both Philip Larsen and the Lauridsen brothers would likely come home. Wonder if one or both would get some consideration. That would create a logjam at D. A long since we've had that :handclap:

Jevo

Oct 3, 2010
I can't see Oliver Lauridsen not being invited. If he's good enough to get some NHL games then he should be more than good enough for the Danish WC team. Even if mobility is a bigger issue on big ice. I could see Markus getting invited to the camp. He has done well at the AHL level which should put him above many in europe, but I don't know if it's going to be a problem that they haven't had a chance to play him with the team before.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad