Training Camp

crashman

For those of you that have attended the public practices, scrimmages, alumni game and the Red & White game, how was it?

I'm thinking about heading up there on Saturday and attending the practice/scrimmage for the first time this year. Is it worth making the trip? Can you meet the players and get signatures?

Last edited by a moderator:

Vladdy84

L-O-Y-A-L-T-Y
Dec 1, 2011
Farmington
For those of you that have attended the public practices, scrimmages, alumni game and the Red & White game, how was it?

I'm thinking about heading up there on Saturday and attending the practice/scrimmage for the first time this year. Is it worth making the trip? Can you meet the players and get signatures?

Training Camp is this weekend? Dammit.

Obe2kenobe

Mar 23, 2014
U.P.

Haven't been there in years. Last went in 98' when Fedorov ended his holdout. I remember he was outside giving autographs, and few others. It was fun, there is 2 rinks. I remember the side we were sitting a bunch of prospects (lesser known players) started skating and word got out Larry Murphy, Yzerman were on the other side and everybody left for the other rink.
I also remember all the wings skating and how Effortless Lidstrom looked compared to everyone else.

Heaton

Feb 13, 2004
Auburn Hills
I go every year, it's fantastic. If you feel like waiting before or after the practice is over you can get autrographs and just walking around downtown you can see players at times.

I think it's definitely worth it, the scrimmages are awesome so even if you only go to those. No idea if tickets are available still but the alumni game on Saturday night was extremely entertaining.

Konnan511

#RetireHronek17
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2008
Sarasota, FL
The rink they use is directly across the street from me, needless to say it's a blast. It is a great chance to see new wings and up and coming prospects. The guys are also really good about giving autographs.

chances14

Jan 7, 2010
Michigan
i'm going this year. haven't been to training camp in 10 years and i need a mini vacation, so i figured why not combine my vacation with my favorite hobby :nod:

I go every year, it's fantastic. If you feel like waiting before or after the practice is over you can get autrographs and just walking around downtown you can see players at times.

I think it's definitely worth it, the scrimmages are awesome so even if you only go to those. No idea if tickets are available still but the alumni game on Saturday night was extremely entertaining.

tickets for the practices and scrimmages are still available and standing room only for the alumni and red/white games

http://www.centreice.org/page/show/482510-drw-training-camp

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad