GDT: Training Camp

Novacane

Jan 25, 2012
Raleigh, NC
Yep. It's pretty ridiculous to debate whether or not he's a PPG player (1st vs. 2nd line center) when he hasn't played a single NHL game let alone a full season or three.

Anton Dubinchuk

aho
Sponsor
Jul 18, 2010
Atlanta, GA
Interestingly enough that source also has him at 4th, behind Jones, Drouin, and Mackinnon. So there's that, too.

I think if one source is saying that they expect him to be a PPG player, and the other is saying that he's a top 5 pick even though they DON'T think he's a PPG player, you've got yourself one heck of a two-way player.

Regardless, this whole conversation being sparked because he has an injury is silly. Nothing's changed from two months ago. The only difference is that he has a little injury that has prevented him from showing anything to the coaching staff.

Sep 8, 2013
Toronto Nebula
I agree 100%. Too many opinions based on internet quotes from fans acting like scouts, actual scouts, and YouTube. Not enough on actual play at the nhl level. We don't know squat about him yet.

Agreed with that. My only objection was to the statement that he only projects to be a 2nd line center. I think he's got potential for more based on his numbers as an 18-year old in SEL. But yeah, much is yet unknown about how his game translates.

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
Interestingly enough that source also has him at 4th, behind Jones, Drouin, and Mackinnon. So there's that, too.

That's because he's a great prospect, regardless of whether or not his offensive ceiling is first or second line material. Everyone loves how complete his two way game is to this point, that's what everyone who we'd consider good sources says about him. Great two way player. Possibly a top offensive one. We'll see in time,

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad