Training Camp Thread | Warning Post #456 | Oilers Trim Roster Post #647

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raab

Oct 6, 2007
Anyone know if we loan Nikitin to the KHL if his contract would still effect the cap?

HellasLEAF

'93 to Infinity
Sep 14, 2006
do you guys have a general idea what your lines may look like?

who is being tried with whom etc..

Curious about Poulliot whom I thought was pretty good last season and what you feel about Yak with a fresh start..

McOvechking

Apr 28, 2009
Edmonton, Alberta
do you guys have a general idea what your lines may look like?

who is being tried with whom etc..

Curious about Poulliot whom I thought was pretty good last season and what you feel about Yak with a fresh start..

Hall-McDavid-Purcell
Pouliot-Nuge-Eberle
Lander-Draisaitl-Yakupov

currently being tried as our top 9.

01LC4N

Let's turn this ship around
May 27, 2011
Bermuda Triangle
Does anyone know what preseason games will be televised ? I know the split squad ones tonight aren't but after that I am lost.

I don't know if anyone else has posted, televised games, but Wednesday's game in Winnipeg is on Centre Ice free preview on Shaw. October 1st game against Vancouver in Edmonton, is on Sportsnet360 (national)

October 3rd game in Vancouver, is on Sportsnet West, Ontario and Pacific

Last edited:

McDeathbyCheerios*

Lander has said that he and Draisaitl would split the center duties, depending on what the on-ice situation is.
Drai does o zone and some neutral zone. Lander does D zone and some neutral

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Anyone know if we loan Nikitin to the KHL if his contract would still effect the cap?

I guess at this point if we do have cap space is there really any benefit to keeping him or is it better just to pay him to play back home?

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
imo Yakupov already has taken the RW spot next to McDavid. The only thing is that they weren't playing with Hall at that point. I think it was Draisaitl up there once Hall left the game. That was a good line.

Psychoil

Mar 10, 2011
imo Yakupov already has taken the RW spot next to McDavid. The only thing is that they weren't playing with Hall at that point. I think it was Draisaitl up there once Hall left the game. That was a good line.

that's exactly what I thought. Yakupov actually played better than hall on that line in my opinion, could get interesting

McDeathbyCheerios*

They moved Drai up to replace Purcell. Then when Hall got injured Drai moved to the left and Yak slid up

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
I don't know if anyone else has posted, televised games, but Wednesday's game in Winnipeg is on Centre Ice free preview on Shaw. October 1st game against Vancouver in Edmonton, is on Sportsnet360 (national)

October 3rd game in Vancouver, is on Sportsnet West, Ontario and Pacific

We're lucky that the Oilers face Vancouver in the preseason or else we wouldn't be able to see any of the preseason games on TV. Vancouver was on sportsnet yesterday, facing San Jose. I have no idea why they decided to air a game with 1 Canadian team instead of a game with 2 Canadian teams. I guess Vancouver has a generational talent that everyone wants to watch? :sarcasm:

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
also, Nikitin was not awful last night. He was not good enough for the NHL, but if he can improve his in-game consistency in the pre season then he'll make it. He made some heady veteran plays and also was a big weapon from the point. There were times when he lost races to the puck that he had no business losing, but that can be limited if he adjusts his play and plays smarter.

But yes, as of now we should be weighing our options. Btw, we don't get that cap space back if we loan him to the KHL. It's the same rule likely, where we get 950k back unless he agrees to terminate the deal (very unlikely!)

voxel

Testicle Terrorist
Feb 14, 2007
Florida
We're lucky that the Oilers face Vancouver in the preseason or else we wouldn't be able to see any of the preseason games on TV. Vancouver was on sportsnet yesterday, facing San Jose. I have no idea why they decided to air a game with 1 Canadian team instead of a game with 2 Canadian teams. I guess Vancouver has a generational talent that everyone wants to watch? :sarcasm:

The Nucks vs. Sharks was a Game of Scrubs. When Hertl or Tanev are the best players on the ice... lol.

redgrant

Nov 2, 2013
Whats the point of Gadzic even being out there if he doesnt take retribution for the Hall late hit?

Its preseason get an instigator who cares but at least send a message.

Really disappointed.

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
Battle for bottom pairing looks interesting..

Sekera, Fayne, Klefbom, Schultz seem to be set.

Before splitsquad : Ference > Nikitin > Gryba > Reinhart > Nurse > Davidson
After split squad : Ference > Reinhart > Gryba >Nurse > Nikitin> Davidson ???

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking
Whats the point of Gadzic even being out there if he doesnt take retribution for the Hall late hit?

Really disappointed.

Gadzik forgot his role on this team at some point last season. Like Laracque he's starting to look like a reluctant fighter that fancies he's a hockey player. It doesn't help that he keeps hearing his role in the NHL is dead and that fighters have to have a game now. But he doesn't. He's done here soon enough one way or the other. you can't afford guys like this taking up a spot in many games.

Jeff Lebowski

Jan 12, 2008

Really disappointed.

Is there any footage of the Hall hit? McLellan just said that it was a collision. Was it really a dirty hit?

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
Purcell didn't get hurt last night, he got removed from the Lines he was on for being brutal. He was benched, its why he's in group B

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad