David Musil
Laurent Brossoit
Eetu Laurikainen
Brad Hunt
Tyler Pitlick
Andrew Miller
Joey Laleggia
Phil McRae
Forwards Ryan Hamilton, Andrew Miller and Tyler Pitlick as well as defenceman Brad Hunt will be placed on waivers before being assigned.
The Oilers training camp roster now includes 32 players (3 goalies, 12 defencemen and 17 forwards).

http://oilers.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=780681

Group A

LW | C | RW | LD | RD | G
Pouliot | Nugent-Hopkins | Eberle | Sekera | Fayne | Scrivens
Hall | McDavid | Purcell | Klefbom | Schultz | Talbot
Draisaitl | Lander | Yakupov | Nikitin | Gryba | Nilsson
Hendricks | Letestu | Korpikoski | Ference | Reinhart
Klinkhammer | Miller | Pitlick
Gazdic

Group B

LW | C | RW | LD | RD | G
Hamilton | Yakimov | Pakarinen | Nurse | Davidson | Brossoit
Kessy | Khaira | Slepyshev | Oesterle | Hunt | Laurikainen
Moroz | Platzer | Chase | Simpson | Musil
Cristoffer | McRae | Winquist | Lalleggia | Gernat
| | Ford

Last edited:

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
So Korpikoski-Lander-Yak? Korpikosi keeps following Replacement's favorite players around! :lol:

That being said if Hall struggles on that line do we re-unite the Hal-Lander-Purcell line and roll with Draisaitl-McDavid-Yakupov if that combination keeps clicking? I've long said that Hall much like Hemsky can carry a line, Lander could be his Horcoff to a degree while the other skilled guys outside of Eberle may fit better with other players. So here's my question, if the Hall/McDavid duo doesn't click what do you roll with?

McGoMcD

Aug 14, 2005
Edmonton, AB
So Korpikoski-Lander-Yak? Korpikosi keeps following Replacement's favorite players around! :lol:

That being said if Hall struggles on that line do we re-unite the Hal-Lander-Purcell line and roll with Draisaitl-McDavid-Yakupov if that combination keeps clicking? I've long said that Hall much like Hemsky can carry a line, Lander could be his Horcoff to a degree while the other skilled guys outside of Eberle may fit better with other players. So here's my question, if the Hall/McDavid duo doesn't click what do you roll with?

I don't see why not. Go with proven chemistry. I would love to see yak get a shot with McDavid, so far they have shown great chemistry. Small sample size of course.

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013

That combination clicked for 1 play and that too on the PP ..
I just dont see Draisaitl playing LW and I just dont see Hall on the 3rd line.

Hall-McDavid duo will get plenty of chances to click... Here is how I see things panning out:

Hall-McDavid-Purcell
when fails
Hall-McDavid-Draisaitl
if fails
Hall-McDavid-Yakupov
if fails
Hall-McDavid-Eberle
if fails
Hall-RNH-Eberle

Aerrol

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Sep 18, 2014
bucks_oil said:
I actually liked the idea of Yak with McDavid, so I'd try something like:

Lander McDavid Yak
Pouliot RNH Ebs
Hall Drai XXX (Purcell? doesn't seem to fit... XXXX in trade?)

Sorry about the ham-fisted poor quoting, but I just wanted to repeat that I've never thought of the lines in this config, and I really like them. Hopefully we see them!

The Bored Man

5-14-6-1
Jul 2, 2009
Edmonton
I don't think line combos currently merit a lot of serious debate.

It's pre-season game #1. The quality of hockey in both games, from what I saw, was terribly sloppy. Tough to make strong conclusions right now, whether individual performance or line chemistry. Except for Nikitin -- he can **** off to Siberia.

Also, like McLellan said yesterday, this is a time to experiment. Move players around, find unconventional combos, see what works in case we need adjustments during the season.

Finally, line combos are often temporary because of injury or performance issues. Suppose we get a "confirmed lineup" for game #1. How long will it last before being tinkered with? A couple of weeks?

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009

I wouldn't mind something like this:

_____/RNH/Eberle (19 minutes)
Hall/Lander/Yakupov (15 minutes)
Pouliot/McDavid/Draisaitl (15 minutes)
Korpikoski/Letestu/Klinkhammer (11 minutes)

Possible candidates for the Nuge line could be Purcell or Slepyshev.

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
So they looked good at BioSteel, looked great in training camp but one preseason game is enough to break up Hall-McDavid duo ?? Give me and this duo a break.

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
do we know who is in what group

They were listing players on 630 CHED..
Forwards and goalies we already know

Hall-McDavid-Draisaitl\Pouliot-RNH-Eberle\Korpikoski-Lander-Yakupov\
Hendricks-Letestu-Klinkhammer.

Talbot\Scrivens\Nilsson

Purcell is injured.

Edit:
"The Oilers are on the ice for practice this morning at Rexall Place.

The forward lines are:

Hall-McDavid-Draisaitl
Pouliot-RNH-Eberle
Korpikoski-Lander-Yakupov
Klinkhammer-Letestu-Hendricks
Gazdic-Miller-Pitlick

Teddy Purcell is not on the ice for the start of practice.

Defensive Pairings:

Ference-Gryba
Klefbom-Schultz
Sekera-Fayne
Reinhart-Nikitin

Darnell Nurse is not on the ice.

Goalies:

Talbot, Nilsson & Scrivens"

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
So they looked good at BioSteel, looked great in training camp but one preseason game is enough to break up Hall-McDavid duo ?? Give me and this duo a break.

Who said that they should be broken up right now? I'd give them at least another game or 2 before considering it, this is nothing but spitballing. Maybe the addition of Leon will give that duo a shot in the arm and they won't look back?

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
I like having the 3 scoring line duos. Hall-Mcdavid, RNH-Eberle, Draisaitl-Yakupov. It gives each of our centers an offence first minded winger to start the game. Then you can plug in Pouliot, Lander, Korpikowski and Purcell for the remaining spots.

Red Deer Rebel

Apr 7, 2008
Red Deer

I guess you have to try Korpikoski there since he's under contract and flirted with 20 goals a few years ago. But, Chia should also be looking to bring in somebody else.

If Glencross doesn't get a contract in Toronto I wouldn't mind bringing him back. Three years removed from a 26 goal season, but only 32 years old.

We need a big body with speed and good hands on that line to play LW.

Just leaving it "as is" shouldn't be happening in case Korpikoski doesn't work out. It's time for Chiarelli to be proactive, after MacTavish did pretty much nothing for 2 years in terms of bringing in a player to play with Yak.

BoldNewLettuce

Esquire
Dec 21, 2008
Canada
ladd and buff would be a good one stop shop if they dont have extensions in place by the td.

Pouliot-Nugent Hopkins-Eberle
Hall-Lander-Yakupov
Ladd-McDavid-Draisaitl
Hendricks-Letestu-Korpikoski

Sekera-Byfuglien
Klefbom-Schultz
Reinhart-Fayne

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
I guess you have to try Korpikoski there since he's under contract and flirted with 20 goals a few years ago. But, Chia should also be looking to bring in somebody else.

If Glencross doesn't get a contract in Toronto I wouldn't mind bringing him back. Three years removed from a 26 goal season, but only 32 years old.

We need a big body with speed and good hands on that line to play LW.

Just leaving it "as is" shouldn't be happening in case Korpikoski doesn't work out. It's time for Chiarelli to be proactive, after MacTavish did pretty much nothing for 2 years in terms of bringing in a player to play with Yak.

Glencross couldn't be worse than Purcell could he?

Dorian2

Define that balance
Jul 17, 2009
Edmonton
One thing you gotta say about the team right now. There's a lot of really good movable parts for McLellan to tinker with.

A bit of depth goes a long way. Same with the Defense. I've done my fair share of ranting and bemoaning the fact that MacT and Mr. Dithers were crap, but you have to admit that they really built the depth of the team.

McDavid was just the cherry on the top.

Red Deer Rebel

Apr 7, 2008
Red Deer
Glencross couldn't be worse than Purcell could he?

People forget that Glencross made Zack Stortini look somewhat competent statistically. If you can put up points with an ECHL slug like that on your line, you're a pretty decent player.

Yak can play pretty well on a line that can establish a forecheck. He proved this last year multiple times playing with Roy.

I liked that play last night where Yak took Wideman out hard crashing the net. He drew a penalty on it as well. On the Draisaitl goal, he rubbed out Ryan Wilson - another big physical d-man. Two good plays in a growing list where Yak is asserting himself physically in ways that no other "skilled" forward on this team does.

Certainly not soft Teddy Purcell.

Glencross - Lander - Yakupov could be a decent line, because Lander has some grit and skill as well.

If Glencross is gone, Derek Roy is also still out there. Lee Stempniak is another one.

There's a bunch of guys who could help out that third line.

McDeathbyCheerios*

People forget that Glencross made Zack Stortini look somewhat competent statistically. If you can put up points with an ECHL slug like that on your line, you're a pretty decent player.

Yak can play pretty well on a line that can establish a forecheck. He proved this last year multiple times playing with Roy.

I liked that play last night where Yak took Wideman out hard crashing the net. He drew a penalty on it as well. On the Draisaitl goal, he rubbed out Ryan Wilson - another big physical d-man. Two good plays in a growing list where Yak is asserting himself physically in ways that no other "skilled" forward on this team does.

Certainly not soft Teddy Purcell.

Glencross - Lander - Yakupov could be a decent line, because Lander has some grit and skill as well.

If Glencross is gone, Derek Roy is also still out there. Lee Stempniak is another one.

There's a bunch of guys who could help out that third line.
Purcell is better then Roy and Stempniam. There isn't many better then Purcell unsigned

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
we are stacked with NHL players on the 3rd and 4th line and before we add anyone we need to move out someone and that is before we discuss having leon d as out 3rd line center

Lander--Yak could be an interesting 3rd line with Purcell, Hendricks, Pouliot, Korpikoski, or Miller on that line as well

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad