Speculation: Training camp talk

BigFatCat999

First Fubu and now Pred303. !@#$! you cancer
Apr 23, 2007
Campbell, NY
Good redemption game by Saros. Could easily have had a flipped score that game, him and Cousins were equally valid 1st Star options, I would have said.

Haula-Duchene-Kunin, if that's the 2nd line, that's worth a look. I guess it's just until Granlund gets back, but to me if those guys will go to the net more, maybe they'll end up working out better with Duchene. We know already that Turris and Granlund didn't work too well with Duchene last year, so maybe if that line comes out strong it will shake Granlund onto some other combination.

I've hear a lot of you guys say Duchene and Granlund are a bad combo. Why not build a 3rd line around Granlund?

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
I've hear a lot of you guys say Duchene and Granlund are a bad combo. Why not build a 3rd line around Granlund?
Indeed, why not. Forsberg-Duchene-Granlund was good for a couple weeks at the start of last season, or productive anyway, but it just seemed to me forever after that anytime they tried to play together it just took away from their strengths - both of them are good zone-entry puck carriers, or at least that has historically been their forte, and they just seem to diminish that strength when they play together. I think Granlund would play better with Johansen, and he did play better with Turris. Neither of those options are there for him this year.

But there are only so many minutes to go around for top guys. They aren't paying Granlund as much this year and maybe don't have the same motivations to commit to him, but - especially if they are going to jack up the minutes for JoFA - it will be hard to get a lot of icetime to the other lines too, and Granlund seemed at his best when they jacked his minutes up super-high.

Anyway, it's not entirely a bad problem to have. Since Granlund won't be around anyway for the first few games, we'll see if there is anything to go on with Haula-Duchene-Kunin, and after a few games for them, it might all be moot anyway if they don't work out, or if somebody gets hurt.
:dunno:

glenngineer

Jan 27, 2010
Franklin, TN
Watched Friday on Preds site, but as an old guy I have a dumb question, is it possible to watch on a smart TV, and if so how?

Most smart TV's have some sort of browser capability, whether it be Google Chrome, Firefox, etc. If you can download one of them or if it's already there, pull that up and type in nashvillepredators.com. That would get you to the main page and from there, you'd use your arrow from your remote to select the game feed.

Reactions: originalpredfan

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
FWIW, I thought I would note that I saw Peyton Krebs and Jacob Perreault's names amongst the list of minor league assignments. So it says to me that, at least for OHL and WHL juniors whose leagues don't have any firm-enough plans for season starts, juniors are being allowed in the AHL (and by extension therefore Taxi Squad).

Or they are just going to the camps there and still wouldn't be allowed to play. Maybe.

But another step towards the idea that we could be allowed to have Tomasino on our Taxi Squad. :dunno:

Aurinko

Apr 1, 2015
Finland
Indeed, why not. Forsberg-Duchene-Granlund was good for a couple weeks at the start of last season, or productive anyway, but it just seemed to me forever after that anytime they tried to play together it just took away from their strengths - both of them are good zone-entry puck carriers, or at least that has historically been their forte, and they just seem to diminish that strength when they play together. I think Granlund would play better with Johansen, and he did play better with Turris. Neither of those options are there for him this year.

But there are only so many minutes to go around for top guys. They aren't paying Granlund as much this year and maybe don't have the same motivations to commit to him, but - especially if they are going to jack up the minutes for JoFA - it will be hard to get a lot of icetime to the other lines too, and Granlund seemed at his best when they jacked his minutes up super-high.

Anyway, it's not entirely a bad problem to have. Since Granlund won't be around anyway for the first few games, we'll see if there is anything to go on with Haula-Duchene-Kunin, and after a few games for them, it might all be moot anyway if they don't work out, or if somebody gets hurt.
:dunno:

Might be a bit of defensive disaster, but they will light up the lamp for sure.

Maybe the D can carry?

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
I looked at the TV schedule. I am losing the games that would be against the Wild since we get FSN, who carry their games instead of Nashville or Chicago.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad